Author Topic: United end Solihull's unbeaten run  (Read 6398 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
United end Solihull's unbeaten run
« on: December 05, 2015, 05:15:39 PM »
Great win today to put us in 5th spot.  We can beat anyone on our day.
United we stand..................

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: United end Solihull's unbeaten run
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 05:34:37 PM »

Well done Boston United, well done Dayle Southwell, this is an excellent result for all concerned.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 05:40:59 PM »
Fantastic result, great to see that the lads put last weeks result behind them.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 05:59:02 PM »
 A really good effort....Solihull looked a very good outfit when they came and won at York st earlier in the season. The run they've been on showed them to be a very good side.
We have beaten arguably the favourites to win this league.

Well done Den on getting this right today

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
Scored without even having a meaningful attempt! But to be fair, they had all the ball yet only had a disallowed goal, a 1 on 1 saved due to our error and a long range effort saved.
Had 0-0 all over it but we stole it, like they did last week. Great atmosphere among the 100 or so who bothered from Boston. Glad Dayle is alive after my shocking 2 footed lunge on him after we scored!

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 08:10:05 PM »
I always said dennis could outplay anyone with his tactical genius! Fantastic result today.  ;)
tax free sarcasm and irony included

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 08:22:05 PM »
First of all congratulations to Dennis for choosing a game plan that if adhered to would give us a chance of nicking it on the break but would ensure we didn't lose. Now congratulations to the team for implementing the plan to a man. To be honest we nullified any threat they may have and gave them very few chances they played pretty passing but very little threat on our goal.It would be wrong to pick out anyone indeed, it was a complete team performance. But just to contradict myself I make no apology for saying that Dayle Southwell covered every inch of the pitch both in defense and as the sole striker and thoroughly deserved his goal, THERE IS NO BETTER STRIKER IN THE LEAGUE. 10/10.
It was good to see Jonah doing a full warm up and with no game next week should see him in contention for our Christmas fixtures. Onwards and upwards come let's be having you for the rest of the season. UTP.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 09:18:34 PM »
I always said dennis could outplay anyone with his tactical genius! Fantastic result today.  ;)

Good to see you recognising Dens tactical genius Wkp .   I,m sure you will be welcome at the DG tactical appreciation society meeting at the Eagle on a Saturday night .

In addition to oxo,s report , I suggest a great compliment was delivered to Den by the absence of the regular texter on BBC Lincs sport tonight with his demand "Greene out".

Good to hear more players are getting back to full fitness .   DG said in his post match interview he was happy with the players he has and will not be looking to bring in any more .

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 11:46:46 PM »

Good to see you recognising Dens tactical genius Wkp .   I,m sure you will be welcome at the DG tactical appreciation society meeting at the Eagle on a Saturday night .

In addition to oxo,s report , I suggest a great compliment was delivered to Den by the absence of the regular texter on BBC Lincs sport tonight with his demand "Greene out".

Good to hear more players are getting back to full fitness .   DG said in his post match interview he was happy with the players he has and will not be looking to bring in any more .

Hopefully with a fit squad there's no reason we can't do what we've done the last 2 seasons and push for a play-off place. At the same stage in both the last 2 seasons we've had a very similar points tally. Last year it proved enough to get there, not so the year before. we've got the players to do it and with fuller fitness and consistency, it will reap it's own reward, along with a little bit of my new found "dennis the genius" thrown in!
I'm still not 100% convinced, but whilst the league position and results speak volumes, I'll bury my dennis hatchet!
Up the pilgrims! :)

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
I see on the solihull forum we're being called racist and an embarresment to our club. Well done Theo see what you've caused now.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 01:09:54 PM »
Where improving

2014/15          22 games played last year and we had     33pts
2015/16          22 Games played and this year we have   36pts

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »
The year we almost won the Unibond (last day we were top) we had 39 (having had just 14 after the first 10 games)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 08:10:40 PM »
and had that year gone 42 games, not 38, we'd have won the league. Not that it mattered anyway!

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 03:54:19 PM »
I've just been reading Solihull's website report on the game and came across this extract..

"Jimmy Armson was on for Moore from the start of the second half and immediately he set out his stool with a terrific 25 yarder just wide of the far post".

Blimey, a 25 yard stool. He should see a doctor! Or does the writer just think he's sh*t hot??

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »
I've just been reading Solihull's website report on the game and came across this extract..

"Jimmy Armson was on for Moore from the start of the second half and immediately he set out his stool with a terrific 25 yarder just wide of the far post".

Blimey, a 25 yard stool. He should see a doctor! Or does the writer just think he's sh*t hot??

Maybe just sh*t?