Author Topic: Sports Bar.  (Read 14394 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Sports Bar.
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:11:26 PM »
Or what ever it's going to be called. Anyone know when it opens to the public and anyone know what beer they'll be selling?  :P

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

qwerty

• View Profile
Re: Sports Bar.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »
It will be open this Friday without fail, 100% guaranteed  :) , So I've been told.

The Centre of Excellence induction evening is being held in their next Tuesday 14TH July so it will have to be open for then.

And it's not called The Sports Bar, it's called..............
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:28:48 PM by qwerty »

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »
Or what ever it's going to be called. Anyone know when it opens to the public and anyone know what beer they'll be selling?  :P

check the grassy knoll
I hope they can get at least one real ale on, last season they managed  to get some excellent "Doom Bar" on from Cornwall for a short time, though normally I have to make a trip to the Eagle to sample a decent pint

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:39:39 PM »

check the grassy knoll
I hope they can get at least one real ale on, last season they managed  to get some excellent "Doom Bar" on from Cornwall for a short time, though normally I have to make a trip to the Eagle to sample a decent pint
Doom Bar??-did they really Dave-how in the name of all that's holy did I miss that.Cookie,if you read this thread,a real ale or two...........please

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

check the grassy knoll
Doom Bar??-did they really Dave-how in the name of all that's holy did I miss that.Cookie,if you read this thread,a real ale or two...........please
I kid you not my friend, about 3 months before the end of the season, though it was only a couple of games drinking before I was back on the Guiness as it was gone!

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 08:28:13 PM »
Dave mate,I've worked out who you are from the clues!! ,Nottingham,The Eagle,the real ale-now you just have to work out who your talking too!.
Here's a couple of (big) clues-I don't live to far from your mum and we sit even closer at York Street!

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 08:36:06 PM »
would love to see batemans (any variety tho). locally brewed and still my favourite beer. got one hell of a taste for the G.H.A. they've recently introduced

Seenbetter

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 07:55:23 AM »
A tip for you Shorty2kuk. I was pointed in the direction of Lidle store. They sell a beer and in the very small print on the back of the bottle was the name Batemans. Only £1.39 a bottle. didn't think it tasted too bad. Int it great the diversity of information on this football forum.Someone also pointed out to me how the BUFC web site seems to struggle with things to put on their board. How about keeping us up to date with the length of the grass or the secrets of cleaning football kit. Just had a thought about Maureen n John. Keep up the hard work. You do a great job but I'll never forgive you for giving me the weight you lost. Apparently John will be retiring in about 20 or 30 years so soon need to train somebody up.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 09:21:09 PM »
..........good news!........the revamped SPORTS BAR has some revamped toilets!

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 09:57:14 PM »
Dave mate,I've worked out who you are from the clues!! ,Nottingham,The Eagle,the real ale-now you just have to work out who your talking too!.
Here's a couple of (big) clues-I don't live to far from your mum and we sit even closer at York Street!
All these clues and I'm still stumped!

dazzybabie

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 08:18:04 AM »
Probably shouldnt say it on here, but Duke of york does a mean pint of batemans so im told. Im a guiness chap meself. I often wander past n see a few BUFC shirts coming n going in there as well.

Mite be worth a look till the sports bar opens...

Hows a bout calling it The Shorts Bar (shorts as in football shorts!!!!)

Dazzy

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 11:01:13 AM »
Sorry mate, my Sherlock Holmes deductive reasoning hasn't been too sharp of late, seeing as I spent many games sat by you I should have realised! I knew you liked your Talisker but didn't know you were into real ale! Hopefully the new bar will have a better selection.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »
dave,if you have been in  the eagle lately,have you tried that screech owl,cracking pint of beer that one  8)
"till saturday comes"

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »
Sorry mate, my Sherlock Holmes deductive reasoning hasn't been too sharp of late, seeing as I spent many games sat by you I should have realised! I knew you liked your Talisker but didn't know you were into real ale! Hopefully the new bar will have a better selection.

At last!!.......I think i just heard the penny drop from here............ ;D

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »
A tip for you Shorty2kuk. I was pointed in the direction of Lidle store. They sell a beer and in the very small print on the back of the bottle was the name Batemans. Only £1.39 a bottle. didn't think it tasted too bad. Int it great the diversity of information on this football forum.Someone also pointed out to me how the BUFC web site seems to struggle with things to put on their board. How about keeping us up to date with the length of the grass or the secrets of cleaning football kit. Just had a thought about Maureen n John. Keep up the hard work. You do a great job but I'll never forgive you for giving me the weight you lost. Apparently John will be retiring in about 20 or 30 years so soon need to train somebody up.

yeah i've tried them, good but not as good as the batemans branded ones ive found but still great.