Author Topic: Please do the decent thing Dreary.......  (Read 23921 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Please do the decent thing Dreary.......
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »
Mr ArgieH, there is no evidence whatsover that he is able to assemble any sort of side capable of holding their own, never mind winning anything.

As I said in an earlier post, I of course will buy my season ticket again next year, but I also have a right to express my concerns about the managers abilities, or lack of.

As for upsetting potential incoming players who may read our forum, get real, players come for the money full stop.

Also it is far better that I express my concerns on here, rather than boo and scream and shout at players on the pitch on matchdays, as seems the way of operating by some of our colleagues on Spayne Rd!!!

Fully endorse all that tm .
Yes I will purchase a season ticket whoever is in charge (sorry but some won,t while Drury is here .)
Concerns about potential signing is raised when 2 players from lower leagues have turned Drury down
and another walked out after 45mins .
And yes I agree with comments on some of our colleagues on Spayne Rd .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
Serious question BG! Do you think the thought of GD in charge next season may cause a drop in season tickets?

Its obviously possible.

My opinion KON is that in view of some of the dross we have all endured these past few months, I suppose quite a few of current season ticket holders might logically wait until they have seen a bit of pre-season football before actually deciding.

Either way especially in these trying times, there will be the inevitable catch 22 to contend with which unless we are very lucky I guarantee will no doubt affect sales here as much as elsewhere.

Unfortunately which I assume is what your question alludes to, any drop in season ticket sales will probably be picked up and used as ammo, as proof by the serial Drury knockers, perhaps people like your good self, which might turn out to be really unfair not to mention possibly misleading as if season ticket sales fall surely the real reason, certainly the more accetable reason will be financial and not because we might not have the most popular manager in our recent history

I am of the view that as football supporters especially NL suppoters, we will come regardless of who is in charge and fr the simple fact that we love it and every thing associated with it. Whoever is in charge wouldn't make change where I stand, who I speak to, whether I choose to have curry sauce with my chips or not or if I stay for a second pint after the game when moaning about what we have just watched.

They are all the kind of things Master Card can't buy!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »
Concerns about potential signing is raised when 2 players from lower leagues have turned Drury down
and another walked out after 45mins .

MANY lower league players  fail because reality kicks in the moment they start training and then they bottle it.
if they do make the step onto the boston pitch and survive a couple of games then you have someone worth working with.
its not drury they walk away from its the fact they no there not good enough.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »

As for upsetting potential incoming players who may read our forum, get real, players come for the money full stop.

Hypothetical situation for you:

A player considering an offer to join our club next season also has several other offers from other Clubs on the table of the same money we are offering.  Surely all the best players will have more than one offer, you don't think the atmosphere and comments on here will have any effect at all on the decision?

I agree, its better to make comments here rather than at the game and as a paying customer you have a every right to complain but I really do think the balance has tipped and their is a real danger the atmosphere on this site could drag the club down further.

the old saying goes "You're either part of the problem, or part of the soloution", as fans I think we need to come together now and get behind the players and be part of the soloution.  We can restart this debate at the end of the season if people still feel the need, because lets be honest unless you have the funds of Chelsea etc you don't fire your manager after 10-11 games.

Travelling man, your comments astound me. How many times have we seen postings, perhaps a bit pompous I agree, where we as supporters suggest that players should want to play for Boston because its a big cub, (certainly for CN it is) it's a proper football club, with 1000 plus crowds great infra structure etc, and yet you now feel, certainly suggesting it is for money only that they will sign

Build it and they will come no longer applies to Boston then. Might as well shut the doors and all go home them. Surely the truth lies between the two. Our biggest disadvantage when it comes to attracting players is, and not as some would suggest Pilgrms Patter, not the manager but the geography, too most, geographically, we are so far of the beaten track that it takes players hours sometimes just to get here for training

There have to be many up and coming, hungry aspiring footballers that would love to play for a club of our size who dont give a toss how long it takes to get here, or within reason how much they will get paid they want to better themselves. Isn't that the type of player who we want

Or is it perhaps me TM, whose old fashioned ignorance and idealism is astounding? 

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »
That's okay then!  8) Unbelievable  8)
From your posts you're pretty obviously BUFC through-and-through with the Club's wellbeing at heart, Mlf. Certainly give you respect and admiration for that, Mlf, but sarcasm certainly doesn't become you. Just gonna concentrate on the football from now on  :)

A little patronising old chap!  ;) Do you not like being shown as a puppet?  ;) Oh dear, now off you go and play elsewhere do us all a favour  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »
Serious question BG! Do you think the thought of GD in charge next season may cause a drop in season tickets?
Depends on his pre-season record and the squad he assembles. If fans believe he has assembled a good side capable of challenging for promotion and cups then season tickets should actually rise  :)

argieh this response promps me to ask how many seasons have you attended BUFC games at YS and in this time how many games have you attended .?
Are you buying a season ticket next season .?
Happy to answer, ghm. About 13 seasons, 20-30 games and will probably just pay my £13 on the gate rather than buy a season ticket. Will also sponsor a player or two, maybe a match, plus will also buy a few bits and pieces from the commercial shop and some food/drink from the kiosk on matchdays. May not be the world's most fanatical BUFC attendee but it all helps I suppose  :)

8) Unbelievable  8)
Not sure why, ghm, as surely BUFC is the main priority here and hopefully it will be here long after you and me are pushing up the daisies. Have stated quite openly before that I know GD and happen to think he is a very good manager, which means that people know exactly where I'm coming from with my posts and can judge them accordingly on that   8)

You just dont get Sir do you. I think its great that you chew the cud with GD and more that you are candid about your friendship, that is not the issue. the issue comes when regardless of evidence or circumstances you defend everything about him, what he does and what the team does andf do so at times with utter blindness and in a manner designed it would appear simply to stave of the less savoury side of our opinions

Perhaps you could take a leaf out of Jason Cundy's attitude. Whilst being paid by Chelsea on their TV channel he is also a regular pundit on Talk Sport, which at times is putting him and his views in an insidious position. But he juggles the two very carefully and at times by walking a very thin line between his respective responsibilities and allegiances.

Perhaps and it is but a suggestion, if you ever came on here and slated your mate or his decisions when they were deserved your stock, opinionsand or credability would rise accordingly. Not everything we do is perfect, not everything our mates do is perfect, but a really good mate would should be allowed to tell him that, instead of trying to defend the at times undefendable. I am sure Drury would understand. If he is as honest as some suggest, he would probably agree!

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 04:54:47 PM »
Depends on his pre-season record and the squad he assembles. If fans believe he has assembled a good side capable of challenging for promotion and cups then season tickets should actually rise  :)

argieh this response promps me to ask how many seasons have you attended BUFC games at YS and in this time how many games have you attended .?
Happy to answer, ghm. About 13 seasons, 20-30 games and will probably just pay my £13 on the gate rather than buy a season ticket. Will also sponsor a player or two, maybe a match, plus will also buy a few bits and pieces from the commercial shop and some food/drink from the kiosk on matchdays. May not be the world's most fanatical BUFC attendee but it all helps I suppose  :)

8) Unbelievable  8)
Not sure why, ghm, as surely BUFC is the main priority here and hopefully it will be here long after you and me are pushing up the daisies. Have stated quite openly before that I know GD and happen to think he is a very good manager, which means that people know exactly where I'm coming from with my posts and can judge them accordingly on that   8)

You just dont get Sir do you. I think its great that you chew the cud with GD and more that you are candid about your friendship, that is not the issue. the issue comes when regardless of evidence or circumstances you defend everything about him, what he does and what the team does andf do so at times with utter blindness and in a manner designed it would appear simply to stave of the less savoury side of our opinions

Perhaps you could take a leaf out of Jason Cundy's attitude. Whilst being paid by Chelsea on their TV channel he is also a regular pundit on Talk Sport, which at times is putting him and his views in an insidious position. But he juggles the two very carefully and at times by walking a very thin line between his respective responsibilities and allegiances.

Perhaps and it is but a suggestion, if you ever came on here and slated your mate or his decisions when they were deserved your stock, opinionsand or credability would rise accordingly. Not everything we do is perfect, not everything our mates do is perfect, but a really good mate would should be allowed to tell him that, instead of trying to defend the at times undefendable. I am sure Drury would understand. If he is as honest as some suggest, he would probably agree!

Agree entirely with that post. If results haven't improved and BUFC is not in with a chance of promotion to the Conference next season then the manager should leave. That stands for any manager, GD included.

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
Forgot to add that I would also expect the Club to be involved in a decent Cup run i.e. FA Cup 1st Round proper, or similar Trophy run, plus the chance of some local silverware. I would also expect average home attendances to have improved to the 1000+ level. Anything less and, again, I would expect the manager to be shown the door.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »
All evidence so far shows what a total sycophant and puppet you are aaarreeighggh   :o  Highly unlikely you will be offered respect by long standing supporters based on the sneaky, underhand way you started messing around on here. Frankly my dear fellow you are a disgrace. The same applies to GD because he will know what you've been doing and maybe even encouraging/proposing it. Totally amateurish in my view. In fact, Unbelievable  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 06:42:12 PM »
MLF! After more than a year of your postings! I've taken a liking to you with your honest posts no bullshit like the Drury puppets!
Keep the pressure on these clowns MLF!

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »
Im so amazed how you so called supporters ,better still nothing but Moaners, Seems to me you moaners are not satisfied who is the manager of your so called beloved Boston Utd
Get in the real world folks of football, Hurst & Scot had a great side, but then they left and broke up the winning side, Jason Lee did his best, and Graham Drury is doing his best, you have to build a side and this all takes time to do not over night.
So as Rob Scot has said  quote   " If you dont like what you see, then dont F.c...g Come"
Unquote so thats about it to all you moaners
get behind the players, manager & board of Boston Utd

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »

8) Unbelievable  8)

Excellent advice given with genuine intensions by a rational poster .
And Argieh responds in the manner we would expect , with arrogance !

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »
Who knows GD might be our hero this time next season........ ;)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 07:25:45 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are saying argieh, you have attended BUFC games for about 13 seasons, in which time you have seen 20-30 games.  That means you have seen an average of about 2 games per season?
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »
Im so amazed how you so called supporters ,better still nothing but Moaners, Seems to me you moaners are not satisfied who is the manager of your so called beloved Boston Utd
Get in the real world folks of football, Hurst & Scot had a great side, but then they left and broke up the winning side, Jason Lee did his best, and Graham Drury is doing his best, you have to build a side and this all takes time to do not over night.
So as Rob Scot has said  quote   " If you dont like what you see, then dont F.c...g Come"
Unquote so thats about it to all you moaners
get behind the players, manager & board of Boston Utd

I know of most posters and their views be they "moaners " or "happy clappers " like myself .
The vast majority had a open mind on GD appointment . Sadly he quickly showed he was a bit of a PR disaster  (mate of Evans , biggest club in Lincs etc ) .  Many are unsure about the quality of his signings .
But the biggest burden he  has to bear is the" puppets" who come on with patheticly biased posts which to an intelligent person amounts to piss taking .
Now if these people do it on their free will I feel sorry for him and he should appeal to them to stop ,
otherwise he will find it difficult to win fans over .