Author Topic: oooooops!!  (Read 14642 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
oooooops!!
« on: January 01, 2011, 06:03:38 PM »
Well, i did wonder if this would happen today and it did. Nothing else to say on the subject but i bet Mr Scott had plenty to say!!! I'm pleased i never had to enter the dressing room after the match!!

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: oooooops!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »
Didn't work today, move on and forget by putting it right on Monday.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
Hoof ball wins all

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »
Hoof ball wins all

They were a little direct thats for sure.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 06:28:40 PM »
Today we was shown what a  lack of game play and a big cut back in training brings, Any one still want a winter break!!!!.

it was rusty play. Not expecting monday to be any better in truth but im sure over a few weeks all will be back to normal

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »
I bet there will be a few sticky bed sheets in north Lincs tonight.  ;)

check the grassy knoll and the chips and gravy
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
Bostonshire! It's the same for both

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 07:40:55 PM »
Bostonshire! It's the same for both

Gainsborough got more  training mate, not much more but they have had a few extra sections indoors from what swan has been saying.

But even taking that out the picture i cant see why people was getting over exited about gainsborough as i didnt think they was that good, trinity 6 chances bufc 6, dont think there was that much in thr game,

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
I thought the 1st half we played some pretty decent footy at times and really ought to have capitalised with our chances in front of goal. Going in at half time, I believed us to be in good shape for a promising second half. Not sure it was the same team that reappeared for the 2nd half. Defensive errors really cost us today, something that we've not seen much, as usually we're solid at the back. We really could of done with bigger players up front, as the Trinity players we're bullying us off the ball far to easy. We did however try to play good football on the deck, but the lads were out muscled.I'm not convinced Trinity won the game with good tactics, just a very workman like performance. However unattractive it was to see, they got the better of us and the result.  Their 3rd goal should never have stood. Leading up to the goal, we'd smashed the ball into the half, only for their player to control the ball with his hand and then pass the ball to the goal scorer. How the ref or linesman failed to see the handball is beyond me. Nevertheless, we we're far from ourselves and made their possession far to comfortable for my liking at times. Whatever the reasons for the lads poor game, I'm sure it's just a blip on our otherwise good season and looking forward to seeing us bounce back.

Watching the Tinpot fans celebrating their victory, you'd of been mistaken for thinking they'd won the league.  I just hope they've got enough tissues for tonight and the following days to come.

Keep the faith.

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 09:27:26 PM »
Didn't think we deserved anything from the game today to be fair. Gainsbrough came here to do a job, and did it well. Think they're a better team than the table suggests. Thought 62 fans was a good effort from the Gainsbrough lot. Hopefully we'll turn up on Monday and take 3 points.

stevie blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
I thought the 1st half we played some pretty decent footy at times and really ought to have capitalised with our chances in front of goal. Going in at half time, I believed us to be in good shape for a promising second half. Not sure it was the same team that reappeared for the 2nd half. Defensive errors really cost us today, something that we've not seen much, as usually we're solid at the back. We really could of done with bigger players up front, as the Trinity players we're bullying us off the ball far to easy. We did however try to play good football on the deck, but the lads were out muscled.I'm not convinced Trinity won the game with good tactics, just a very workman like performance. However unattractive it was to see, they got the better of us and the result.  Their 3rd goal should never have stood. Leading up to the goal, we'd smashed the ball into the half, only for their player to control the ball with his hand and then pass the ball to the goal scorer. How the ref or linesman failed to see the handball is beyond me. Nevertheless, we we're far from ourselves and made their possession far to comfortable for my liking at times. Whatever the reasons for the lads poor game, I'm sure it's just a blip on our otherwise good season and looking forward to seeing us bounce back.

Watching the Tinpot fans celebrating their victory, you'd of been mistaken for thinking they'd won the league.  I just hope they've got enough tissues for tonight and the following days to come.

Keep the faith.

Thats a different account to what i heard on http://www.endeavourfm.co.uk/  ???

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
i dont think we played as bad as the scoreline says myself

1st half we had them worried, apart from the goal and the 1 that hit the post i can't really remember too much attacking threat from them

2nd half the 2nd was good skill by theiir lad mixed with abit of poor defending and the 3rd as someone else said 1 of their lands handballed it in the build-up and in all honesty killed us off as much as we huffed and puffed to give hope of nicking a draw

its not a result i enjoyed and its not something i'd want to watch on a regular basis but i think we have to accepet we will have bad days and take them on the chin

S&H have given us a team that has given us more good days than bad, a couple of bad results doesn't change that

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 09:58:08 PM »
Ran out of tissues already Stevie Blue or won't the nursing staff go and fetch you any more ? Never seen so many coffin dodgers for a fan base. By 2020, old age will have wiped out all of your "loyal" 350 fans.

stevie blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
Ran out of tissues already Stevie Blue or won't the nursing staff go and fetch you any more ? Never seen so many coffin dodgers for a fan base. By 2020, old age will have wiped out all of your "loyal" 350 fans.

You know how to cheer an old man up. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 10:22:45 PM »
I thought the 1st half we played some pretty decent footy at times and really ought to have capitalised with our chances in front of goal. Going in at half time, I believed us to be in good shape for a promising second half. Not sure it was the same team that reappeared for the 2nd half. Defensive errors really cost us today, something that we've not seen much, as usually we're solid at the back. We really could of done with bigger players up front, as the Trinity players we're bullying us off the ball far to easy. We did however try to play good football on the deck, but the lads were out muscled.I'm not convinced Trinity won the game with good tactics, just a very workman like performance. However unattractive it was to see, they got the better of us and the result.  Their 3rd goal should never have stood. Leading up to the goal, we'd smashed the ball into the half, only for their player to control the ball with his hand and then pass the ball to the goal scorer. How the ref or linesman failed to see the handball is beyond me. Nevertheless, we we're far from ourselves and made their possession far to comfortable for my liking at times. Whatever the reasons for the lads poor game, I'm sure it's just a blip on our otherwise good season and looking forward to seeing us bounce back.

Watching the Tinpot fans celebrating their victory, you'd of been mistaken for thinking they'd won the league.  I just hope they've got enough tissues for tonight and the following days to come.

Keep the faith.

Thats a different account to what i heard on http://www.endeavourfm.co.uk/  ???

You mean.. you didn't make the journey? ;)