Author Topic: Leamington .  (Read 6177 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Leamington .
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:03:31 PM »
Unchanged team again v Leamington.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Leamington .
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »
The last time I remember us going so many games without changes was under Scott & Hurst, on the run of games without conceding - until we changed formation at Droyslden and got hammered! Although that may have just been the back 4 & GK not changing.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »
Currently 1-1, Southwell scored our equaliser.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 05:58:55 PM »
9pts out of the last 15 up for grabs, nearly there just need that little more

1.85 per game got last years 5th
1.78 the season before
1.71 before that.

We are currently at 1.61, down on last season at this point which was 1.73.

Team looks and sound in good shape and playing well just a little concern in regards to the amount of chances we are making to goals ratio

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 06:16:21 PM »
We're a bit reliant on Southwell's goals at the moment, but if we cling on in there who knows what will happen come the business end.

We're creating chances, lots of them so someone will take a beating soon if they all fly in at once.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
We're a bit reliant on Southwell's goals at the moment
First goal for 5 weeks today... since his hat-trick against Hyde.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »

I think you will find Southwell scored at Chorley on Nov 8th.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 06:40:06 PM »

So he did! Someone told me in the week our last few goals had been by defenders, and I trusted them  :o  :dan

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 06:46:30 PM »
http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/Smileys/default/lipsrsealed.gif

So he did! Someone told me in the week our last few goals had been by defenders, and I trusted them  :o  :dan

Was it miele who told you ?  :- :P

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 06:50:07 PM »
Nervy start, had 2 escapes but then grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and until half time, came close to scoring on 3 or 4 occasions (though they had one off the line on 44 mins)
2nd half as similar but they got their goal (well taken) and it took a little while for us to regain control of the game, which we did and got a goal with a neat backheel from Southwell and then could easily have got a winner but for wayward shooting, the bar and a bad miss at the death by Pidge
Att 525- maybe 80 from Boston, not a great turnout and pretty flat. "nd time I've come away from Leamington disappointed with a draw as they're not the best side we'll play this year and I fear Chorley, Guiseley etc will beat them

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 07:08:18 PM »
that PIDGE will have 2 go if he cant do better. :-[

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 09:16:58 PM »
that PIDGE will have 2 go if he cant do better. :-[

Your grandad will have to go if he can't do better!
United we stand..................

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 09:41:17 PM »
Thought Den had made a crafty signing when the announcer said Bostons number six was Peligrini. It was always going to be difficult getting the players up for it at the strangest located ground imaginable where it is nigh on impossible to generate a bit of atmosphere. The first seven minutes we should have been two down but by the half hour mark we should have had four, Their young keeper on loan from the Birmingham youth set up made a couple of fantastic saves and Garns blasted over a couple of times. The referee could not keep up with the the game all day and did his best to ruin a good game booking players for no real reason and continually stopping the game. It was the very small ref who we have had before is the best way I can describe him for those who were not there. I was critical of Thomas last week but when he came on today he was very unlucky not to score when he hit the bar from 20 yards with a terrific shot that would have won the game. Disappointed we didn't win but am still upbeat about our chances for the rest of the season.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 11:15:14 PM »
Agree with the atmosphere... certainly from our side it was so flat. Very underwhelming.
Also, I forgot just how far out of the way their ground is! About as far out of town as ours will be but pretty sure ours will have slightly more to it!

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »
Thought Den had made a crafty signing when the announcer said Bostons number six was Peligrini. It was always going to be difficult getting the players up for it at the strangest located ground imaginable where it is nigh on impossible to generate a bit of atmosphere. The first seven minutes we should have been two down but by the half hour mark we should have had four, Their young keeper on loan from the Birmingham youth set up made a couple of fantastic saves and Garns blasted over a couple of times. The referee could not keep up with the the game all day and did his best to ruin a good game booking players for no real reason and continually stopping the game. It was the very small ref who we have had before is the best way I can describe him for those who were not there. I was critical of Thomas last week but when he came on today he was very unlucky not to score when he hit the bar from 20 yards with a terrific shot that would have won the game. Disappointed we didn't win but am still upbeat about our chances for the rest of the season.

the short referee who lives in birmingham and sent off stef galinski at worcester last away game of last season.