Author Topic: Trinity Chairman gone of on Swann  (Read 5928 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Trinity Chairman gone of on Swann
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »
Chairman's Statement
« Thread Started Today at 10:04am »   
There seems to be a couple of issues to address and as usual I like to ensure that all fans know the situation here at the club, immediately, which is the reason for this post.

Firstly the interview in the Echo today was done at the beginning of last week, prior to any contact with The Blues Club. Since then I have contacted Mathew Lyner who informed me that there was a meeting on Thursday night and then again early this week.
The disappointing part of all this, is that I have had to chase this up and have not really been kept in the loop, although I have been back several weeks.
Regardless of this, my priority has been to get better and see a bit more light at the end of the tunnel. That has happened early this week with no more medical complications which means that if I can just get a couple of things sorted, I will be OK, although not 100%.
That aside it is important to understand that I have no intention of investing the kind of money I have in Trinity, unless the club can acquire the ground, full stop. My ambition is to go as far as I can as a chairman and without having a tangible asset for the club, Sadly it wont happen here at Trinity if something is not sorted.
I have also stated that I do not want to profit from obtaining the ground or any future sale of the ground for development. Both parties do not want to sell the ground, so whatever valuation of the ground is obtained the football club will agree to pay that sum of money to the Blues Club Members if the ground was ever sold or bought. The ground is safe and doing what Caldicott wanted, keeping football alive and thriving in Gainsborough. He would be astonished if he could see what was happening now.
I will not wait forever.

Regarding player contracts, I have offered all players who are here and part of a promotion winning side, a contract for next season. Nothing more. They have known this position all season and are a credit to the club.
We played OK last night against a very good Chester side. We matched them even though we looked a little tired, which you can understand. The first quarter of the game saw us quite dominant and deservedly a goal up and it took an uncharacteristic mistake from Jan to bring them back into the game.
This really knocked the stuffing out of us and although we battled hard to the end, it just did not work out for us on the night, but far from disgraced.
Steve and the lads know what we have to do, 72 points may well be enough for a play off place and spookily similar to last season!!
It is going to be a real roller coaster of a finish, but how else do we do it?

As always I am open to questions,

Peter Swann

Rivals apart i hope something gets sorted soon

argieh

• View Profile
Re: Trinity Chairman gone of on Swann
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
Incredible generosity from the Chairman of GT, especially as his health has been an issue   :)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »
Thanks for the comment aarrgggeeih  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »
Just read that since been in charge up until last year he had put in 1.7 mil. And also if they had made wembley they may have just about broke even this season.

Thats a big gap as Wembley is worth a big amount of cash

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
Come and spend it on us

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »
Mr Swann has just posted on Blues forum he recieved an email last night flatly refusing his offer .

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
Mr Swann has just posted on Blues forum he recieved an email last night flatly refusing his offer .

I bet Jones is glad he's signed a contract now!

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 01:29:39 PM »

All liabilities will be honoured, and the club left debt free. Then he will look to invest in a club that wants him there, not being run by dinosaurs who don't want to give up their petty empires. I fear that obscurity is not too distant.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »

I fear that obscurity is not too distant.

For Gainsborough Trinity I assume!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »
Tell him to get his arse over here then!!!!!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »
I have to say, I think he comes over really well, and you can almost touch his frustration. He's a business man, and obviously a good one, and understandably with the levels of his investment he wants a return or at least to leave some kind of a legacy, cant argue with any of that.

Forget local rivalries for a moment many clubs would welcome this kind of person

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 03:43:24 PM »
I have to say, I think he comes over really well, and you can almost touch his frustration. He's a business man, and obviously a good one, and understandably with the levels of his investment he wants a return or at least to leave some kind of a legacy, cant argue with any of that.

Forget local rivalries for a moment many clubs would welcome this kind of person

I agree with this comment,

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 04:09:48 PM »
ochhh just read the new statments.

Seems like all the hard work as just gone down the swanny (no punt intended/maybe a little).

Gut feeling stills says it aint the end of this matter yet

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
"you can buy our player, but you can't buy me your ground"
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 07:55:35 PM »
Newton an Swann could be having a cosy chat about now over a large glass of whatever and cooking up a deal...pure speculation of course :dan