Author Topic: Boston United v Vauxhall Motors  (Read 12769 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United v Vauxhall Motors
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 07:20:23 PM »
I said before the game started I was disappointed we weren't starting with the same side as Tuesday night, as I thought Adam Millson played as well as anyone. If we play with two wide men, one of whom is only vaguely involved in the game, we are overrun in midfield as happened frequently last season. Once Millson came on, the midfield started to function as a unit and we started to play better football, as we had on Tuesday. We can't let other teams dictate the play.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »
I have not been to any of the games this season yet as my first child has just been born this week. i will though be at harrogate on sat then on monday in boston for the halifax match. these two game are gonna cost me over 100 squid with travel, enty, food and drink and programmes.

Congratulations, Start him/her early and get that pram down to Harrogate at the weekend as the crowds are dropping and we're all dooomed captain.

Congratulations from me too.

:) 

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
No, but 1 point out of 6 is hardly a great springboard is it? :-\

And over 100 people missing from the midweek gate too........

If u hate it that much make it 1 more  :bunny

Great thinking Einstein....... really liking your style but you forget the fact I'm as big a fan of the club as anyone, I just know the management team are piss poor and they've wasted the summer waiting for players to come to us instead of getting out and getting players in........funny how Neil Thompson and Tommy Taylor were slaughtered for their casual approach yet these two display the same attitude AND its OK........

Let me put my commitment to the cause in focus. I paid for my season ticket the day they went on sale, when I picked it up the issue number was in single digits......very low single digits.

And next season will probably be the same too.

Not that I have to do any explaining to a fecktard like you......

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 09:39:51 PM »
But you thought you'd do it anyway?

Seenbetter

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »
Have you noticed that the English thing to do when a business is losing money is to put up prices which makes it harder for people to afford to buy. I seem to recall that in the 70s or 80s one of the Scandinavian countries cut their train fares by 50% overnight. What happened you may ask. More people used the trains and also used the platform shops and cafes and a profit was achieved. This government doesn't seem to understand why people aren't spending money on luxury taxable goods. We are giving money to companies who are ripping us off for essential items like gas, electricity and fuel and have not got much left over to indulge in luxury items like football. Anyway I've had my little rant.
As for the football, well in my view there seems to be a distinct lack of ambition. With S n H at least you could see their hunger for success. I think that apparent lack of ambition will filter down to the supporters and wil effect attendancies. I suppose we could always charge more to try and make up the losses

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »
I have not been to any of the games this season yet as my first child has just been born this week. i will though be at harrogate on sat then on monday in boston for the halifax match. these two game are gonna cost me over 100 squid with travel, enty, food and drink and programmes.

Congratulations, Start him/her early and get that pram down to Harrogate at the weekend as the crowds are dropping and we're all dooomed captain.

thank you, can you take prams into footy grounds? its something i have never really noticed. i will be there, maybe with my wife and daughter. my wife is a york lady and dreds to think that her daughter could become a boston fan. she's great though, even putting up with away days at ossett town and other god forsaken places football takes you.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »

Congratulations from me too.

:) 

thank you

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »
No, but 1 point out of 6 is hardly a great springboard is it? :-\

And over 100 people missing from the midweek gate too........

If u hate it that much make it 1 more  :bunny

Great thinking Einstein....... really liking your style but you forget the fact I'm as big a fan of the club as anyone, I just know the management team are piss poor and they've wasted the summer waiting for players to come to us instead of getting out and getting players in........funny how Neil Thompson and Tommy Taylor were slaughtered for their casual approach yet these two display the same attitude AND its OK........

Let me put my commitment to the cause in focus. I paid for my season ticket the day they went on sale, when I picked it up the issue number was in single digits......very low single digits.

And next season will probably be the same too.

Not that I have to do any explaining to a fecktard like you......

No need to call me that is there!! it was a joke.  Just saying is u have such hatred of somthing why go.  I hate manchester united i wouldnt be so rude about them as u are boston. and so wouldnt go

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
Congratulations wayne, york pilgrim.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »
Congratulations wayne, york pilgrim.

xmas just around the corner, only 4 months.

Bartmac

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »

xmas just around the corner, only 4 months.
[/quote]

Thanks, we really needed reminding! Where the heck did "Summer" go? :-\

Oh, and congratulations to you and your wifey. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:12:37 AM by Bartmac »