Author Topic: Good signing?  (Read 7436 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Good signing?
« on: June 26, 2016, 04:03:45 PM »
Jason St Juste has signed for us, according to Den.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good signing?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 05:12:42 PM »
Someone else mentioned that name on here but there's no mention on the official site yet

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 05:23:47 PM »
It is mentioned in the DG video on the official site...

It's on the official Facebook page and official Twitter account too.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
Thanks P86, don't bother much with fb or Twitter but I'll have a look for the video  8)

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »
I thought he was NFU's best player a couple of seasons ago and in a previous thread I put him as one of the top 3 players I've seen in this league. Seems to have lost his way a bit in the last couple of seasons however if he can get back to his best form we have a cracking player.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 10:30:48 AM »
I thought he was NFU's best player a couple of seasons ago and in a previous thread I put him as one of the top 3 players I've seen in this league. Seems to have lost his way a bit in the last couple of seasons however if he can get back to his best form we have a cracking player.

Even when he came on for BPA in the away game last season, he almost turned the game in their favour (playing on the right). Very, very good signing.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 10:41:56 AM »
Another top striker, centre midfielder and goalkeeper and looks like we can be challenging for promotion again.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »
Maybe Kaine will be used up top this season? St Juste on the left, Rollins on the right... although I'd expect Fairhurst to be first choice striker. There's Chippendale and Johnson too.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 11:28:31 PM »
Another top striker, centre midfielder and goalkeeper and looks like we can be challenging for promotion again.

In Den we trust !  I can see us making the top 5 if as you say we get those areas covered.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 11:32:27 PM »
Maybe Kaine will be used up top this season? St Juste on the left, Rollins on the right... although I'd expect Fairhurst to be first choice striker. There's Chippendale and Johnson too.

Kaine of one of my fav players, but seeing just how he gets the rough treatment by some bigger players makes me wonder if he is cut out to be a striker at Conference North level where things can be a bit rough.  I think his pace is devastating down the wings, and will create chances aplenty for the front men.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 09:12:06 AM »
A good keeper is a must.  Do we think it's money, or the fact we seem to be out in the sticks?
What's Matt from Sunderland up to? Just a thought.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 10:34:04 AM »

Kaine of one of my fav players, but seeing just how he gets the rough treatment by some bigger players makes me wonder if he is cut out to be a striker at Conference North level where things can be a bit rough.  I think his pace is devastating down the wings, and will create chances aplenty for the front men.

It would be more of a free role, off a central striker - not saying he should lead the line.

He already takes on strong tackles when playing wide.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
Felix and Rollins played well in a 433 / 451. This formation works well for them. Not so sure Felix would do so well as more of an out and out striker in a 442. Fairhurst as main striker with Rollins and Felix looks likely, then just just need a backup striker for the bench.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »

It would be more of a free role, off a central striker - not saying he should lead the line.

He already takes on strong tackles when playing wide.

Yeah he does, and he is becoming stronger with age to deal with them. But my point was that as someone up the top end of the park, he would more than likely be tightly marked by a big burly CB, whereas those marking down the wing tend to be more smaller and while they will still chop down our flying winger they are not as hefty.  I think we can all agree though that Kaine is a key player in this squad and will cause defenses headaches all season.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 12:00:57 PM »
Felix and Rollins played well in a 433 / 451. This formation works well for them. Not so sure Felix would do so well as more of an out and out striker in a 442. Fairhurst as main striker with Rollins and Felix looks likely, then just just need a backup striker for the bench.

Agreed, i would also throw a 4-2-3-1 formation into the hat.