Author Topic: Let the King's Lynn fans in for free on Boxing Day  (Read 39414 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Let the King's Lynn fans in for free on Boxing Day
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »
Merry Christmas to all at Lynn 1963.  Good luck with rebuilding the club but beware of potential owners from outside the area who profess to "love the club".  Also good policy to double check their CV if one is produced.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2009, 09:57:59 PM »
The admission thing for KL fans is great but not sure about a bucket collection, given the fact that we're still in quite a lot of debt. Shouldn't any spare cash Boston fans have go towards paying that off first?
A great gesture to allow them in for a match for free i agree,wether it gets people on side our club where  the "cheats from bostonshire"are still on there minds or not but,and i might be wrong but it is my oppinion,that any bucket collection has bufc on the side 
"till saturday comes"

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2009, 10:03:25 PM »
Been following this with interest. I think it's a great idea to let Lynn season ticket holders in to the boxing day game but why stop at that. Let them in for the rest of the season. They've paid their money to watch football so lets give them football.

What I'm against though is them doing any fundraising for their own needs in or around our club. OK they have fallen off the cliff and have big problems but we are stood at the top balanced on the edge looking over ourself and any fundraising should be for our benefit or we could be joining them at the bottom of the cliff very soon.

Look forward to seeing them boxing day  :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »
Seem to recall Boston fans throwing money in the bucket at Northampton a few years ago , and then complaining a couple of seasons later they were out-bidding us for players.  No objection to Lynn fans free admission . To put things in prospective Lynn restart with a clean sheet (no historic depts) therefore money only required for start-up fund.  Boston still have millstone of bills from old regime , no doubt which one needs the money most.

Bartmac

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2009, 12:13:08 PM »
Come on GHM, it's Christmas and all that, it's about giving good will and chucking a couple of pennies in a bucket - mind you, a couple of those old white fivers you've got stuffed in your mattress wouldn't go amiss! ;D ;D ;D

Bob Lee

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »
I have no objections to Kings Lynn having a bucket collection, people can spend or donate their money which ever way they wish.

But I do agree with GHM, when we were in trouble I did not see many people helping us out.  We still need help, so I say come on Boston get our buckets out.

Boxing day would be ideal to raise a few bob to make up for lack of income due to Kings Lynn's demise.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:22:53 PM by Bob Lee »

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »
Interesting topic this!

First up well done to the club for being generous and forward thinking.  Remember we chuck god knows how many tickets at kids for free and how many (or how long) does it take for that to pay off?  This way we 'might' get some ready made supporters along, even if its only for the rest of the season till a new club comes about for Lynn.  Boxing Day will get revenue we would not have had over the bar/snack bar etc. and possibly add to that a few notes handed over at the turnstiles before the season is out.

Secondly I'm not overly keen on a bucket collection etc. given our situation, remember we need to meet an obscene rent payment each month/quarter.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2009, 03:43:28 PM »
Bear in mind we have no idea who will run Lynn at the moment , as said they do not need money . Don,t thick we would be very pleased if we donated only to find a Laverflow  type consortiom got control . The Lynn council say they will be guided by the FA advice as to who the groud is let to .  Any one know if Ronnie Biggs is looking for a club ? Sure he would pass the "fit and proper person" test.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2009, 04:59:03 PM »
One of those vying to start a "new" Lynn is former (short lived) Director of Finance David Handley.According to his postings on the Lynn forum(if it is him)he will fund the new club,he will retain manager Carl Heggs and fund the playing budget out of his own pocket.Apperently he will pay in wages £3000 to £3500 per week for players in the Ridgeons League.Only a passing nod to the Trust,and no talk of sustainability.Some fans on the Lynn forum seem only to happy to jump into bed with him.Looks like more boom and bust for Lynn unless they are very careful.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
One of those vying to start a "new" Lynn is former (short lived) Director of Finance David Handley.According to his postings on the Lynn forum(if it is him)he will fund the new club,he will retain manager Carl Heggs and fund the playing budget out of his own pocket.Apperently he will pay in wages £3000 to £3500 per week for players in the Ridgeons League.Only a passing nod to the Trust,and no talk of sustainability.Some fans on the Lynn forum seem only to happy to jump into bed with him.Looks like more boom and bust for Lynn unless they are very careful.
Having been an avid reader of the linnets forum, said David Handley, the short lived Finance director during his time put in £23,000, and was considering puting up part,if not all the £67,000 tax bill till he found out how much the other debts of the club amounted to, with no provision to pay them and obviously a weekly wage bill that was not sustainable, and Chinn expecting him to pick up the tab,while Chinn got the glory.
The wages he is offering to cover for next season are £2500 a week. Unless he can convince the council he  has a sustainable plan for at least 2 years which is at least as much as the Trust could sustain.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2009, 08:41:22 PM »
Thieves have used bolt cutters to break into The Walks. No details of what they have taken.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2009, 08:57:28 PM »
I hope the Lynn council get the same vibes as me (and OCM i think) about bidders for the ground. Why would some-one from the midlands want to sink tens of thousands of pounds into a non-league Norfolk football club ?  As OCM hinted his business plan is a sure-fire recipe for another financial disaster. What business experience has this man had ?

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »
Don't we traditionally have a bucket collection for the Red Cross on either Boxing Day or New Year's Day?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2009, 06:30:39 AM »
Did the bucket collection happen? I didn't see one where I was  ???
And did Shodfried take up les' generous offer and get in after all... :dan

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »
If you meant a bucket collection for Lynn E K the reason this idea got dropped is because most people realised after it was pointed out on here that Lynn do not need the money as much as the pilgrims.