Author Topic: Darlington away  (Read 19876 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington away
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 04:45:04 PM »
 Have made some suggestions on here..

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 05:07:39 PM »
Got some stick after Harrogate game for suggesting we didn't have a squad capable of gelling together when some were saying it will take time for them to gel. Didn't go today but listened to Rob and Duncan who appeared embarrassed by Bostons display, it sounded and clearly was a complete shambles. Will be there on Tuesday due to being a season ticket holder but would hesitate if I had to pay on the gate. No time to get the squad together before Tuesday to try to sort matters out so I fear for our chances but sincerely hope I'm wrong. Not good enough and something needs to be done urgently.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »
Have made some suggestions on here..

Missed them Ted ,  who have you suggested we bring in . ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »
Have read of my recent posts re coaching ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 05:32:34 PM »
Have read of my recent posts re coaching ..

Listening to commentary today it sounds to me the only coach we want is one parked across the goal . :-[

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »
Played well first 40 mins and did ok later on but middle was,a total shambles. No leader, nobody taking control and no idea in front of goal. Very poor capitulation

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 07:16:05 PM »
Reading comments made on our other fans forum, why oh why do we still see the same person making personal abuse statements against our manager, i mean, just what does this even achieve ?!!   Who cares about the managers social life, should we pick on yours ??????  Sorry, but have to rant as i just cannot tolerate this sort of behavior.  We are ALL disappointed with the results,and the manager and team has to take the brunt of the blame. But i just don't see what making personal abuse comments actually does to help the whole situation.   Constructive criticism is great, but telling members of the clubs staff just how they should be doing their jobs.... ??

Oh well, every club has its bad apple i guess !

This team needs it supporters now, more than ever, lets not cause divides !!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:22:41 PM by leftbackinthedressingroom »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 07:26:47 PM »
Reading comments made on our other fans forum, why oh why do we still see the same person making personal abuse statements against or manager, i mean, just what does this even achieve ?!!   Who cares about the managers social life, should we pick on yours ??????  Sorry, but have to rant as i just cannot tolerate this sort of behavior.  We are ALL disappointed with the results,and the manager and team has to take the brunt of the blame. But i just don't see what making personal abuse comments actually does to help the whole situation.   Constructive criticism is great, but telling members of the clubs staff just how they should be doing their jobs.... ??

Well said ...no ones perfect...I'm sure DG will sort it....to say a lot had to be done in the summer is an under statement!
As for coaching FT....4 of our squad have gone onto league clubs..a fifth probably would have. Surely this is down to good coaching????

Things at the mo are at best disappointing but it's the staff who need to address this (and they will) not us keyboard ninjas
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:31:26 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 07:28:26 PM »
Losing 3 nil. Not ideal

Make that 4-0, shocking ! Early season clear out might be needed, and for me, someone that is normally positive, that is hard to say trust me.  We need a leader at the back,  Pearson at Grimity is not getting a look in at the min...  We need a goalscorer... :(

3 games in and you're already thinking about clearing out players. Aren't most of the team on 1 year deals anyway ? Who'd want to play for us with fans like you. Give them a chance man.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 07:37:45 PM »
Reading comments made on our other fans forum, why oh why do we still see the same person making personal abuse statements against or manager, i mean, just what does this even achieve ?!!   Who cares about the managers social life, should we pick on yours ??????  Sorry, but have to rant as i just cannot tolerate this sort of behavior.  We are ALL disappointed with the results,and the manager and team has to take the brunt of the blame. But i just don't see what making personal abuse comments actually does to help the whole situation.   Constructive criticism is great, but telling members of the clubs staff just how they should be doing their jobs.... ??

Well said ...no ones perfect...I'm sure DG will sort it....to say a lot had to be done in the summer is an under statement!
As for coaching FT....4 of our squad have gone onto league clubs..a fifth probably would have. Surely this is down to good coaching????

Things at the mo are at best disappointing but it's the staff who need to address this (and they will) not us keyboard ninjsa

I am as miffed as anyone after this latest loss, but as i say, snapping at members of staff telling them where they went wrong, or making snide comments about the managers personal life really does make me worry about the state of someones mind.
I don't care if i now get personal abuse for stating this, i will just be added to the list of personal abuse targets lol.

This club needs us fans now, more than anything. Three games in and the management team can now see in competitive games just where we look unbalanced, and address it. If we need to look at a couple of loans, then so be it.  Our early season injury list, while not fully to blame of course or indeed to make an excuse of, has taken its toll on the side though.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2016, 07:59:38 PM »
Meant to ask what other forum were you referring?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2016, 08:12:59 PM »
Meant to ask what other forum were you referring?

Facebook supporters page, which normally can be a good informative read with some honest, balanced views on how we have played etc by those that have attended the matches.  But at times, it becomes quite the opposite with these personal abuse comments which have nothing to do with the game or the team.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2016, 08:24:57 PM »
Is it an invitation only thing?
I get the official feed and there were a few "sort it" .."we're rubbish" constructive comments...

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »
Is it an invitation only thing?
I get the official feed and there were a few "sort it" .."we're rubbish" constructive comments...

I think its set as a secret group, but if any of your friends are on it i would guess that they could add you mate.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 08:41:24 PM »
Just back after a seven hour round trip, disappointing to say the least, first 30 minutes we were the better side, had 2 or 3 good chances which we didn't take, then their only real opportunity was the pen which they converted,
    Complete capitulation the first fifteen minutes of second half and it was game over, shambles at the back and midfield non existent, fairhurst and Smith huffed and puffed up front but have my doubts whether they are the answer, Rollins put a good shift in and deserved his consolation goal, nice of Liam marrs to come over and shake the hands of us suffering boston fans.
 Onwards to Tamworth and another loss will certainly have DG under pressure.