Author Topic: Next season  (Read 11063 times)

Seenbetter

Re: Next season
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 12:27:47 PM »
It seems to me that 'some' of the committee have good reason not to trust him despite what he says. Who in their right mind would throw the sort of money that Swann is throwing at the club if there is nothing in it for him. If he is currently giving them 80% of their costs for no return he must be soft in the head if he is doing it for the fun of it.
It would be interesting to compare our playing budget with theirs. Mr Newton may be propping up the club but at least he is trying to get the club in a position where it can prop itself up. G Trinity could never make the sort of money it currently uses if it was self supporting.
And if Mr Newton does make money out of the club eventually I for one wouldn't complain because it seems he is being realistic about what the club could and couldn't afford on its own.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 01:45:40 PM »
Would owning the ground cover the other 80% of the wage bill??? or would it still need piles of cash to mantain the current spend.

If the BC are not selling it for the right reasons i.e to ensure there is always a ground and removing the risk of it been lost to A person going bust or a club going bust then there right not to.
Also if its sold there is the risk of loans been made on the asset, Happening week in week out at the mo.
I do feel for the trinity fans as there stuck in limbo at the mo but the blackmail tactics been used by Swann are really showing him for who he is.

As for the section of fans with boycotting the BC  just remember who owns the ground and sets the rent, Its up to them to sell or not.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
Swann wants to buy the ground, and put it in the club's name and not his own (so he says). He then wants to spend £500k+ on it, bringing it up to Grade A (Football League) standard, plus refurbish the Club on the Park, to be used as an extra income stream.

Obviously, this would hit the revenue of the Blues Club.

Swann doesn't want to upgrade the ground without having it as a tangible asset for the club, whereas the Blues Club don't want to sell the ground....

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
Most of what I've read in recent weeks comes across as blackmailing the fans.  "Sell me the stadium or I'm off".  What I picked from this article though was the figure given for subsidising, essentially it indicates that only 20% of their current budget is being met by the clubs revenue with 80% being provided by Swann.  Thats a really sustainable business model!

One thing I've never heard in the press is the reasons why the committe who own the stadium wont sell it to him?  Can anyone enlighten me, surely they must have valid reasons?

Basically some of the BC committee don't trust him, or believe that the club should not be owned by any one single entity. I do feel for their fans all they want is what any of us want, a successful sustainable club.

Swann just sounds like another Sotnick to me. Trying to put getone group of fans to put pressure on the other so he can get the ground for a price he wants!

The fans / local council not owning the ground is a disadvantage, it may not be Swann who sends them bust it maybe the next chairman / benefactor or the one after that.
Having the option to wind it all up and start a fresh ala Halifax, Chester, Nuneaton etc whilst still playing at the same ground for peppercorn rent is a massive advantage

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »
I see Swann just posted on there forum that sat will be his last home game

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 08:00:17 PM »
Not looking good for trinity then!! Wonder if we may be able to snap a few of there players up??

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 08:08:14 PM »
Not looking good for trinity then!! Wonder if we may be able to snap a few of there players up??
NAME them SH::::G and why we shoudl want them.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 08:17:40 PM »
Yates,Roma, hawkridge,hone,Leary and stamp all better quality than we have at present and could help us challenge??? Any thoughts?

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 08:33:18 PM »
Yates,Roma, hawkridge,hone,Leary and stamp all better quality than we have at present and could help us challenge??? Any thoughts?
YATES maybe as a bit left in him.    the rest a big ???

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
Hawkridge is a real talent and the others mentioned would strengthen us without doubt. Doubt Yates would come back anyway??

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 08:38:54 PM »
We'd not need many of their mercenaries.  They were strong and athletic against us, but that was about it.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 08:41:38 PM »
Hawkridge stood out at theres, can be a real pain in the arse

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:21 PM »
I see Swann just posted on there forum that sat will be his last home game

He's not going to the Cup final then?!  :dan

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »
Bet mark jones is regretting his big move!!!  :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 08:53:58 PM »
Jan Budtz ?