Author Topic: Today  (Read 8100 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today
« on: April 13, 2013, 11:33:25 AM »
A great day for a game of footy  8)
Spring has sprung...even saw a swallow this morning...looked a bit knackered after it's long flight  :o
Hope we get a decent crowd today and a decent performance to keep them coming back  :dan

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:10:15 PM »
Pleased the sun is shining. Great win today  8) C'mon you Pilgrims  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 05:10:27 PM »
Wish we had more like Ian Ross who was far the best player on either side.  Nothing much else to enthuse about today, didn't take our chances and let in two soft goals again.
United we stand..................

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
WHERE was that team that won 3 games and conceded none??
STAINFIELD MOM. for me.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 06:41:53 PM »
Can I just say I'll be delighted to see the back of the season........today followed the pattern of so many games over the last 2 seasons.....we look good in patches, we give away bad goals, we look lightweight compared to other sides who seem to 'want it more'......and we lose to a very avoidable late goal.

As someone who only attends home games I've seen a minor improvement in DG's sides to those JL put out but the basic failings are still there. Of the lads on display today apart from the 3 already signed for next year I'd take Connor Marshall and Nathan Stainsfield for next season and at a push Phil Watt........the rest, bin 'em.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
DG said on Radio Lincs - Reed, Mills, Milne, Fairclough, and Stainsfield join Ross, SWD, and Newsham on agreeing terms for next year.

Don't many more will be here next year - We need to rebuild from the back

P   W   D   L   F   A   GD   Pts
40   14   6   20   64   68   -4   48

Top 10 in goals scored - bottom 10 in goals conceeded

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 07:54:57 PM »
Played against a top class side today shows were a long way off a good squad , good in places poor in
others green has got some work todo to make us contenders next year . will still be buying my season ticket
lets hope its a good take up as the more sold better chance for next year . ;D

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 08:24:11 PM »
I feel we are 6 players short of competing for the play offs. Ross was class. We need a new keeper,left back, centre half,left winger,centre mid and a bigger striker. Halifax were a well organised side and can see why they are at the top end of the league. DG has lots of work to do.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 08:27:22 PM »
Surprised we're keeping Nathan, he is committed but lacks the control and guile needed to play at this level. Might be of use sparingly but don't see him as a player to build a solid defence around. Drurys players are struggling to compete physically so it only really leaves Connor left to keep. All seems to smack of what we all said earlier in the year, we were a couple of players short of cracking it. Mills looks a good inclusion as a start to find these hole fillers, still need that midfield general and a solid back four.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »
WHERE was that team that won 3 games and conceded none??
STAINFIELD MOM. for me.

Stainfield MOM???!!

for goodness sake which game were you watching?
I admit that he always gives  100% but unfortunately he is technically deficient....he got turned for their winning goal and gave away too many free kicks in crucial positions...
With the right coaching he may develop further but at the moment hes not up to BSN standard....
He definately wasnt MOM IMO....Ross had a decent game and deserved to be MoM...

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 10:11:16 PM »
Wouldnt take many of the back 5 . Theres a reason why were not towards the playoffs. And its not because of the strikers...  BTW not saying they dont lack commitment.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 01:07:31 AM »
Stainfield had a poor game - gave away numerous free-kicks, and was beaten easily for their winner. If I had to choose out of him and Ward to keep, I'd go for Ward...

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 06:21:22 AM »
just having tea and toast then going for an early game of golf then back for mid day footy on telly.

I was not realy impressed with yesterday but having said that they did play a little better than the previus 2 games i thought.

there was a lad in the bar winding his mate up,he said the best 2 players on the pitch were brought in by
D.GREENE meaning SILK and MILLS thats the sort of payer   he wants   and we need,
HE needs to get out there and find another 8 players like them and its play offs next season for sure.
I think he had half a pint to many LOL

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 07:56:41 AM »
I thought it was a typical end of season match, and one in which we never really looked getting anything out of the game. Laboured I think best describes the performance and like others have said can't wait, not really for the season to end, but for the new one to begin

Maybe not the right time for discussion now, I fully back any of our managers, but as one who has said numerous times that DG would have been a long way from ever being my choice, I do wonder if this poor run, not just of results but in performance, continues right up to the end of the season if Mr Newton may reflect back and feel confirming him as our full time manager for next year was a bit premature?

Results in the scheme of things, with no treat of relegation, have meant little these past few weeks and in honesty will probably remain to be so for the next couple, but whilst, as always, I enjoyed my visit yesterday, I have to say, even making the normal allowances for end of season battles, I cant say I really enjoyed what I was watching

On that evidence I think it is clear we need at least half a 'squad' before next August, and that alone should keep my enthusiasm and excitement ticking over nicely over the summer months 

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »
I think DG is totally spot on we do need wholesale defensive changes as we conceed far to many goals to challenge at the top. Look at Halifax yesterday without being spectacular they were solid and organised all over the pitch. If we can become tighter at the back we will have a good chance next season. Looking forward to pre season now.