Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 15970 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Retained List
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 07:59:43 PM »
David Newton
Neil Kempster

John + Maureen
Craig

Jason Lee + whoever he wants as assistant
The fitness coach
The kit man

Bazza
Ward
Stainsfield
Jelleyman
Ross
Milson
Sleath
Milnes
SWD
Fairclough

I've enjoyed the football this season, so thanks to all the players and everyone at BUFC who made it all possible  8)

Enjoyment is no longer enough however,  and in order to ensure a decent chance of a play-off place, or better, which in turn will bring in enough supporters to make this club a viable proposition for the Chesnuts next season my retained list of players is quite short really:-

Marshall
Fairclough

:o

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
This retained thing is harder than ever this year, we're at a critical stage, we need a tilt at the playoffs next year, we need to get the people coming back to the club.

1) I believe a Dennis Greene side will be watchable, today was very watchable and a lot of the credit needs to go to Jason Lee who put most of that team together.

2) Will a Dennis Greene side be competitive? I'm not 100% convinced yet, he has done a good job of getting us back on track with what we had.  He quickly ousted all of Drurys signings which tells me he knows more about the game than Drury did, but that simply put us back to Jason Lee's era.

3) He talks a good game, I like his after match stuff, he is unassuming and understated, I liked that in Jason, but it might not be enough for a public that has had big mouth, bum on seat managers in the past.

4) Keeping Newsham was key, to score 30 in a season in a struggling side shows he has the passion and ability to do a job. Glad he is on board.

5) Ian Ross I don't know about, today he was class again, but a midfield with Ross in seems to leak a lot of ground to these big BSN sides. I think some of our defensive problems stem from the midfield and the lack of protection in there. Teams seem to run at us for fun.  I enjoy watching him spray it around when he is on it, but he is off it a lot too, that worries me.

6) Milnes does a similar job to Ross but with less of a range of passing and more movement, build a team around either/or and we might be better off, Dennis seemed to hint at that in todays interview.

7) The defence is woeful, I don't blame Danny as much as others, he is horribly exposed.  Drurys centrebacks can go, they've offered us little of the promised steel to the back four.  Ward maybe needs a stint in a lower league side to gain back that promise he showed with White alongside him, his confidence looks shot.  As others have said Stainsfield makes too many errors and doesn't seem to have BSN guile and organisation that is needed, would hope he is a backup for some mean stoppers to come in.  Marshall has improved massively, might be worth a poke for next season.

8) SWD, hmmm... is he too comfortable? he is great on his day, but is he a winner? Think I might have let him go, much as I like him and all he has done.

9) Mills has done enough for another go.  Fairclough will be used much the same as this season and I think we need another flying winger to get some pressure on the first team.

Needed...

1 huge frontman, doesn't need to score goals, needed for the plan B, the out ball and to give the gifted players the time to play. We have to pass our way through teams at the minute, we can't lump it and then start playing once we're in their half. Their number 10 today did exactly what we need.

2 huge centre backs, winners, with big voices, experience and a never give up attitude. Maybe a cheeky bid into Trinitys back four?

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »
What about Stamp from trinity hes huge been there done it and he scores

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 11:10:39 PM »

How many seasons does he look like having left?

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 06:31:07 AM »
my retained list of players is quite short really:-

NEWSHAM  for his goals not his workrate ;) ;)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 07:20:05 PM »
Needed...

1 huge frontman, doesn't need to score goals, needed for the plan B, the out ball and to give the gifted players the time to play. We have to pass our way through teams at the minute, we can't lump it and then start playing once we're in their half. Their number 10 today did exactly what we need.

Their No.10 was Marvin Robinson (ex gimp)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 07:39:09 PM »

As much as I'd like to think we're better than their signing their mercenaries, he would be a good asset for us. The only presence we have up top is Sanders but he can't finish his dinner

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »
No 10 was Jefferson Louis for them ex lincoln and trinity!! Stamp would be great signing but no chance he will come.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »

How many seasons does he look like having left?

Tbf not many but he can change a game look how he bossed Wrexhams back line with ease at Wrexham

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
No 10 was Jefferson Louis for them ex lincoln and trinity!! Stamp would be great signing but no chance he will come.

Thought 7 was Jefferson Louis, hes a slight guy isn't he?  Tricky, quick player, I might be wrong.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 06:55:32 AM »
That's was Owen story!! Tricky winger. Louis was number 10,Robinson came on and scored there 4th with his first touch.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 10:10:55 PM »
my retained list of players is quite short really:-

NEWSHAM  for his goals not his workrate ;) ;)

Newsham for his goals but not his missed chances   :dan
I would pick Newsham ahead of SWD, but I would not keep the two of them.
To put three on contracts so early was a mistake, to offer DG the job so early was another mistake...unless he   was in big demand elsewhere  :o
Rebuilding was needed not a refurb job, a director of football would help, someone like woad pilgrim would be good! 

Marshall
Fairclough