Author Topic: tonights game  (Read 11722 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: tonights game
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 10:31:48 PM »
Brilliant game two good sides goin all guns blazing that's what ya pay ya cash 4 had a bit of luck when they hit the post but we don't get a lot so I'll take it. And one of there players trying to pick a fight with a fan at full time what a d1ck

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
Alfreton are a very good side and showed it at times.I thought we were a bit off the pace first half but could have got back to 1-1 with a bit of luck.Second half performance was awesome though against a side of that quality.Some great individual performances as well,Shaun Pearson was immense as usual,and a special mention for Danny Sleath who i thought was excellent tonight.We'd be dangerous if we played for the whole 90 minutes.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 10:45:01 PM »
Wow.

BUFC T.I.D

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »
Absolutely quality performance from the Pilgrims, first half seemed a bit nervous and shaky but second half was a brilliant turnaround, all 3 goals brilliantly taken. The fans was fantastic all night, didn't stop singing  ;D ;D ;D. However wasn't impressed with Alfreton's attitude, seemed arrogant but overall, Boston brilliant, BOSTON TILL I DIE!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
And as for the player wanting a fight with a fan, that fan was stood right next to me and he was only doing what everyone else was doing, giving stick  :) :) :) 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »
Couldn't be prouder tonight, that was fecking brilliant.  

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »
one word... WOW

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »
That was somethink special. Really dont know what else you can say.

One game that really sticks out in my mind was the 4-3 win over luton in the cup about 6 season ago, But that as got to be classed as one of those you wont forget for a long time.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 11:10:05 PM »
Yep it's night's like these that makes football special, what an amazing result to give probably the best team in the league a 2 goal start and come back like that!!!

To be fair I thought we played well first half but where just outclassed. Second half showed all the spirit and heart like we did last season many times in the run-in, especially that game against Guiseley. Well done Rob, Paul and all the players.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 11:15:52 PM »
A fantastic game from both sides which will live very long in the memory. Cannoville looked like he hadn't missed a game all season. Haystead kept us in it first half. Austin was strong. Pearson was fanastic at both ends again. Cully started shakely but got better as the game went on. The midfield were all on top of the game and fought, ran and chased everything. Boyes won everything up front and his distribution was fantastic. Newsham was quiet first half but played out of his skin after half time. Alfreton played well and were very good on the ball and played with puropse, direction and skill and were better than any other team I have seen at this level, however after we scored the third they were unable to keep their concentration and went to pieces (apart from one chance which hit the post) whch probably shows the difference in character between the two sides.

Seenbetter

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 11:19:21 PM »
Terrific game by Boston. As was pointed out to me Alfreton can only play one style of football and thats route 1 style. We played football how it should be played and wupped their asses. I was sat near their dugout and I wish I had a camera with me when we got our second. The manager got sat down in the dug out with the other 3 and they looked like 4 babies who had all lost their rattles and were about to start crying.
Alfreton was a side of bullies who I would think have intimidated, pushed and bruised their way to the top.

WHAT A GREAT NIGHT--THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT SO.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »
What a match......what a result. All that and DC never got a sniff all night!!!!!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »
That's because he was in Pearsons pocket Bunyan

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 12:25:20 AM »
fanbloodytastic! That just made my season! The best bit is when the negative folk at half time say that we won't get anything from the game and they are far better than us, get told 'it told you so'  :P The best atmosphire I have ever seen the whole place was rocking, and the townenders were fantastic!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 01:29:55 AM »
The gods were on our side tonight. They hit the post and were denied a certain spot kick. No question, they're a bloody good side and don't give in easily.

Hey, what the hell! We won and did the double!

Now let's buckle down to the real business of going up by whatever route is open to us. I have spent most of my life wanting to see us as a Football League side, and when it happened it was tarnished. I am hoping to live to see it done with honour.

Onward and upward!  Floreat Bostona. Floreant Peregrinatores.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:25:09 AM by Fairfax »

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 07:39:52 AM »
Fantastic advert for non league football, plus Nuneaton and Guisely drop points at home,now for a bumper crowd on saturday to repeat the amazing atmosphere of tuesday night.