Author Topic: Opponents next season  (Read 2753 times)

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
Opponents next season
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
Happy that chorley have come up they have a decent fan base. Shame about FCUM. Fylde and ashton dont have decent support or grounds. Another tinpot team to go to next season.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Opponents next season
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 07:57:55 PM »
Gutted for FCUM, seem to have no luck in the play offs. Chester will bring a few.

Also might lose some of the more southern teams, possibly Gloucester and Oxford. Could look very different next year.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
Hope not, if I'm in Birmingham next year! Ashton should be quite easy to get to but Fylde... hell no!
Cambridge City better not either (unless I'm in Boston when we play them away)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 07:44:45 AM »
Did you see the times fc utd let their two goals in......90 mins and 120 mins how much would that hurt. Gutted for them 3000 there as well. Apparently  took over 800 to Stamford a Couple of weeks ago and an estimated 1400 to Harwell that's amazing isn't it?

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 12:49:27 PM »
Must be fairly intimidating for the home team seeing and hearing such support.  It virtually turns it into a home game for FCUM.  Shame we don't get to go to their new ground next season always a good atmosphere when we play each other.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »
Must be fairly intimidating for the home team seeing and hearing such support.  It virtually turns it into a home game for FCUM.  Shame we don't get to go to their new ground next season always a good atmosphere when we play each other.

According to yesterday's Manchester Evening News the new FC United will not be ready for the start of the new season - they hope be 'home' (as they put it) in October. Early season home games will be played at Stalybridge Celtic. They are also hoping to invite a 'top European side' as opponents for the opening game at the new stadium.

A friend of mine from work is a FC United supporter and was at Gigg Lane on Tuesday night. We were contemplating whether conceding a 90th minute goal to take the game into extra-time, and then losing to a 120th minute goal, was actually worse than losing on penalties. I think it probably is.