Author Topic: Gloucester Away  (Read 6536 times)

The Infamous Stevie

• View Profile
Gloucester Away
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:28:25 AM »
Anyone travelling from or Via Manchester?? Maybe Leeds??

Want to go but can't drive at min. Happy to help with fuel??

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gloucester Away
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »
Easy one on the train from Birmingham.
Gloucester have seemed to take a fair step forwards and unlike previous seasons where they'd score about 8 and concede 10 all season, they've been racking up some goals.
They also have a game in hand at home to bottom placed Nuneaton to come.

Normally I'd fancy us to go there and win, last year apart, we've had a fantastic record against them but predicting a tough one with our old friend Jas Singh in goal....

But if we show the same spirit we did 2nd half yesterday, and those hardy few that travel give the players the same exceptional backing, I think we'll get something.

Got a run of games against teams who don't look like contenders for the top places, hopefully we can get momentum before it gets tricky around October after our cup exit

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 08:23:14 PM »
I'll also add this will hopefully be the last time we play Gloucester in Cheltenham, as planning permission is all set for a very basic ground to be built on the site of their old Meadow Park elevated above ground this time).
This basic ground will get them home for next season, then they have plans to expand it into something which won't resemble a hastily erected lego set, like Fylde's old ground or Histon

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »
For anyone else like me not able to make the journey to Gloucestershire ...

Commentary at -
http://severnsport.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 04:24:26 PM »
Losing 2-1 😭
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 04:32:06 PM »
3-1 game over  :(

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 04:50:24 PM »
Oh dear can't see the chairman being happy about the situation. I am of the firm belief that it takes 10 games to see were your season is heading but it don't look good at the minute.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »
FCUM at home on Saturday . We have a good record against them (I guess we're they're bogey team?), might be what we need.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »
Oh dear can't see the chairman being happy about the situation. I am of the firm belief that it takes 10 games to see were your season is heading but it don't look good at the minute.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 09:40:21 PM »
Same old story.
Look competitive but concede shortly before half time with only their 2nd meaningful effort all half.
Luckily we got in immediately through a Smith header and I'm thinking go on and win it
Then Maguire gives it away needlessly for their 2nd, then we run out of ideas.
Burgess got done in and out and took down their striker for a penalty, Dibble made a good save.
Then Robinson got out muscled by their lad who still somehow squeezed it in from a tight angle.
The 2nd and 3rd especially desperately poor goals which we wouldn't have let in last year. No ideas going forward when we go 3-1 down. Massively disappointing. Done by a team who simply had a plan, knew how to play as a unit and were sharper and won the 50-50s
Shout out to the hardy 60 or so who ventured out to watch that, were given very little to cheer about in the 2nd half especially
Something needs to change, it cannot keep going on like this. We haven't played anyone who really blows me away. As the manager said in his interview, if these guys keep screwing up every week, time to get shut of them, though having another dig at the fans who gave him their thoughts at the end was less than desireable.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 09:56:03 PM »
The record doesn't look too bad at home this season (although I see that Stalybridge have lost every single game since beating us). Absolutely shocking on the road though. The trouble is, Greene doesn't know how to park the bus - something that is essential when you are on the road and your form isn't good. It isn't pretty but not losing the game at all costs is all that matters. Even when we were doing ok last season, Greene still opts for attacking - as if we were playing at home. When it comes off it's great - Nuneaton last season springs to mind. More often than not though, we have this all too familiar outcome. The big lesson to have learnt should have been North Ferriby away in the play offs but we've gone and carried on.

No way I'll be travelling away whilst it's like this. And that's a shame because I went to most last season but I can't bear to watch us crumble like we do - especially when it's usually a six to eight hour round trip.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 09:41:49 AM »
(although I see that Stalybridge have lost every single game since beating us)

And since lost their manager for 'personal reasons'. Their fans accepted they were incredibly lucky against us.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 12:10:13 PM »
Some quotes from Gloucester fans:

'Great win although possibly the worst Boston side I have seen for a long time Well done City'

'A good Gloucester performance all round against a team who allowed us to play'

'That was excellent. Thought Boston deserved the equaliser in the first half, was very even with perhaps them shading it. But second half there really was only one team in it'

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »
Some quotes from Gloucester fans:

'Great win although possibly the worst Boston side I have seen for a long time Well done City'

'A good Gloucester performance all round against a team who allowed us to play'

'That was excellent. Thought Boston deserved the equaliser in the first half, was very even with perhaps them shading it. But second half there really was only one team in it'

TEP

Listened to it on Gloucester radio ,  comments  much in line with above .
On the positive side the commentators were impressed with Smith and Rollins .
After match commented that the team showed splashes  of talent which suggests
they will soon be a good unit .