Author Topic: Kirk  (Read 4032 times)

Tony A

• View Profile
Kirk
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »
I see Kirk may be available for Hyde match. I don't think he made any improvement last match at York Street IMO. We looked better when Semple and Hall came on. Maybe Tom Ward would be a stronger right back than we have at the moment. Lets hope for a good performance Saturday, and a good crowd turnout. :bunny

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Kirk
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »
Wingers are a strange beast.  Kirk looks the type of player that will rip teams apart one week, disappear out of a game the next.  That is why we need a plan B in the form of Hall, Semple.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
Played well today, coming on and seemed to always want the ball and run at their right back.

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 06:33:39 PM »
Yes Kirk really played well today, and ran his socks off chasing everything. Thought Tom Ward played well when he came on. I'd like to see him replace Fairclough at right back. Most of the goals against us seem to come from the right back position. All in all very good performance by all. Poor old Jason looked completely knackered at the end.

boggy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:51:24 PM »
Wingers are a strange beast.  Kirk looks the type of player that will rip teams apart one week, disappear out of a game the next.  That is why we need a plan B in the form of Hall, Semple.
A bit like mr holsgrove. Looks a bit lightweight and showboaty IMO. Sooner see Semple / Hall as plan A.
Think Halls a bit unlucky-starts to settle in holding midfield, then fills in gap left by Holsgrove, but hasn't had a decent run in 1 position.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »
Yes Kirk really played well today, and ran his socks off chasing everything. Thought Tom Ward played well when he came on. I'd like to see him replace Fairclough at right back. Most of the goals against us seem to come from the right back position. All in all very good performance by all. Poor old Jason looked completely knackered at the end.

With Jellyman's injury we may need a replacement left back against Corby and it would be interesting to see who that could be.  Ward can play in a number of positions but not sure if left back is one he would look forward to.
United we stand..................

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »

With Jellyman's injury we may need a replacement left back against Corby and it would be interesting to see who that could be.  Ward can play in a number of positions but not sure if left back is one he would look forward to.

I think we'll see big Keith fill-in at fullback with Ward starting alongside white