Author Topic: Today at the Lamb  (Read 13568 times)

Captain Clean

• View Profile
Re: Today at the Lamb
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 05:15:51 PM »
That's a brilliant win ! Well done lads. Does that mean we still need to win every remaining fixture to to absolutely garauntee a playoff place ? I'm terrible at maths so I'm hoping a more mathematical astute patter member will be able to calculate all the possibilities.

It just goes to show the players have still got the hunger and drive for the battle. I just hope this deserved victory isn't in vein. God if only we'd had a more consistsnt starting 11, we could of easily secured a playoff place by now. It's so frustrating reflecting on them numerous points lost recently. Well, I guess this is just typically bufc, excitement down to the wire.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 05:30:53 PM »
Just heard an idiot on the radio say "we only won because we got a penalty Den has to go"
What f ing planet are these people on???
By the same thinking we only lost on Saturday because of a goalkeeper howler. ...and play carrying on after a free kick should have no been given

Bannovallum Bill

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 05:48:54 PM »
Good and much needed result. Be a big shame not to build on this whilst the clubs around your club seem to lose their nerve.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 05:49:51 PM »
The most important result of the season, well done lads.   8)
Next week's game is now huge, the pressures on!

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 06:02:18 PM »
Just heard an idiot on the radio say "we only won because we got a penalty Den has to go"
By the same thinking we only lost on Saturday because of a goalkeeper howler. ...and play carrying on after a free kick should have no been given

It's probably that loony that rings up moaning whether we win, lose or draw. Unfortunately it seems the dimwits at the station always entertain him and let him have his rant. You should ring up howmanynames, a much more balanced point of view when it comes to bufc.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 06:47:02 PM »
Important 3 points that to give us a great chance of making the playoffs.

Harrogate lost, now 6 games without a win so 4th place not impossible.

Still think that last home game v Nuneaton may decide whether we get a playoff place.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 07:00:29 PM »
fish an chips 2 night 4 shor with mushy peas and maybe cury as well grandad went to see boston town he said it was 1 ellof a game iam pleased 4 him he's getting 2 old 2 go away with united

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 07:18:08 PM »

Missed it, who was it ? I am intrigued.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2016, 07:23:11 PM »
I was critical of Saturdays performance and make no apologies it was a shambles I did mention that Hilliard had a stinker however I also said if he read that post he should go out and prove me wrong today, Well done young man a good goal and a 100% effort all game. Well played Kaine who is performing very well again, terrified their defenders and really earned the penalty which was blasted down the middle by Dayle who worked his socks off for 96 minutes. The Tamworth goal was very sloppy defending by one player in particular but having said that it was his best performance for us. Nat Brown was outstanding as were Pidge and Garns, I know we are thin on the ground but Robbins is a total liability. Still the team are to be congratulated on a tremendous effort and one of the reasons for that effort was the wonderful support in numbers. Well done the best away fans in the league.  UTP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 07:26:36 PM »
Dennis IN !  Credit where credit is due, although from some it will never be forthcoming. But today, we got things right and that is down to the players and manager.  The way things stand now, we can still get that final spot off either Harrogate or Nuneaton. Both these are playing each other soon, and if we say favour a Nuneaton win in that game, then our match away at Harrogate will be a play off game in itself technically if, and i say if, we can now get some more wins under our belt.
Considering all the injuries we have had this season, forcing more in's and out's than we would have liked at times,and on our budget, i think the manager has still done well to keep us in it.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 07:27:04 PM »
Great win today - thought we deserved it overall. Got a bit nervy as the second half wore on but that's understandable - especially with six minutes added on !

Felix was much more effective playing through the middle. Great goal from Hilliard too. Will also mention Burgess. He got some criticism on here after Saturday. I actually thought he did ok on Saturday and played really well today. The only player I wasn't too impressed with was Laville-Moore - although that may be unfair as he was probably playing slightly out of position.

Good to see Robbins back in the set up. Frustrating as usual but he can be dangerous - knows how to dive too :)

Would also mention that we managed the game well too. Our keeper took plenty of time over his kicks for example - something we generally haven't been as good at as our opponents.

Finally - great to see Tamworth no longer class us as a Category A game. I personally wrote to their Chairman last year about this - hopefully this and other feedback has helped with this !

TEP

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2016, 07:27:37 PM »
Teds Sporting Pink

Tamworth 1(0) - BUFC 2 (2)

LEWIS HILLIARD  atones for recent poor form with superb goalscoring  and positional display .

more to follow (maybe)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:32:57 PM by father Ted »

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2016, 08:09:52 PM »
A full report can be found here courtesy of Tamworth FC
www.thelambs.co.uk/matches/lambs-unable-to_halt-pilgrims-progress-926.htm

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2016, 08:22:39 PM »
Dennis IN !  Credit where credit is due, although from some it will never be forthcoming. But today, we got things right and that is down to the players and manager.  The way things stand now, we can still get that final spot off either Harrogate or Nuneaton. Both these are playing each other soon, and if we say favour a Nuneaton win in that game, then our match away at Harrogate will be a play off game in itself technically if, and i say if, we can now get some more wins under our belt.
Considering all the injuries we have had this season, forcing more in's and out's than we would have liked at times,and on our budget, i think the manager has still done well to keep us in it.

I'll stand up to be counted and give credit where recently I haven't done.
Quite honestly a fantastic result, and yes it keeps half a grip on the playoffs.
Well played Pilgrims and especially Lewis H showing plenty of "bouncebackability".
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »

It's probably that loony that rings up moaning whether we win, lose or draw. Unfortunately it seems the dimwits at the station always entertain him and let him have his rant. You should ring up howmanynames, a much more balanced point of view when it comes to bufc.

I have made comments before about this loony , it is clear that he has no interest in BUFC apart from a distaste for Dennis Greene .   

I find it distasteful along with many others that the BBC consistently broadcast the rubbish spewed out by this fool which it is clear to all a personal attack on Greene with few valid comments .

Would the BBC broadcast such comments every week about one of their journalist ,  I think not .

The BBC should give a balance to the listeners . Arrange a debate between Greene and this person chaired by BBC sports journalist .  Good listening for Friday Sport .

I suspect this type of person would not have the bottle to take up the offer of a face to face on a level playing field . In which case no more comments from this person should be broadcast . 
The BBC may be restricted by "human rights " to do this ,  in which case those of us who are offended by these comments should inundate Saturday Sport every Saturday between 5.00pm and 6.00 pm expressing our anger in the same tone as his comments. .

T
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 08:34:08 PM by green hats mate »