Author Topic: Today v BPA  (Read 18507 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today v BPA
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »
What do you actually expect at a football ground GHM. Do you not go to away games. Some of the fans at other teams are considerably worse than us. I actually think Dennis has done a very good job since he has been here and it's nice to be towards the top end of the table. It doesn't mean I have to like the bloke. We did nothing wrong at FC United and he still had a dig at us. We travel all over the country to support a club we love and don't really appreciate being slagged off for doing so especially by someone who decides to cheat our benefit system.

I'm no fan of Greene's off-field antics, and I do think it has affected us this season, but to drag his girlfriend into it (if that's what happened, I wasn't there) is really below the belt. Doesn't matter how much of a tit Greene has been on Facebook having a go at Josh etc - aim the chants at him, and him alone. Anything else and it's stopped being simply 'banter' and turned into really unpleasant, nasty stuff aimed at an entirely innocent party.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2016, 03:41:07 PM »
That is what has happened Pete her name was put into a chant. I believe it was never aimed at her but obviously it would have been indirectly. It all stopped being banter a while ago. Some people have a real dislike of him and people's opinion of him won't change until he's gone. I was personally annoyed with the chants aimed at him at the tamworth away game but he then goes and says what he did after the fc united. Some of what he gets he deserves.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2016, 03:50:06 PM »
What do you actually expect at a football ground GHM. Do you not go to away games. Some of the fans at other teams are considerably worse than us. I actually think Dennis has done a very good job since he has been here and it's nice to be towards the top end of the table. It doesn't mean I have to like the bloke. We did nothing wrong at FC United and he still had a dig at us. We travel all over the country to support a club we love and don't really appreciate being slagged off for doing so especially by someone who decides to cheat our benefit system.

Funny way to show your appreciation to a good manager !!!   
Funny way of showing appreciation of a club you "love"
Funny you should should risk driving out a good manager .
Who would you suggest hiring if he walks ?
Rather restricting yourself in choice with your last comment .  If you eliminate managers who have done a little fiddling it probably excludes quite few good applicants .
Sad day for the club and football when fans including women and kids are expected to accept abusive filth from a small section of fans , yet these same people condemn the sins of others .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2016, 03:59:35 PM »
That is what has happened Pete her name was put into a chant. I believe it was never aimed at her but obviously it would have been indirectly. It all stopped being banter a while ago. Some people have a real dislike of him and people's opinion of him won't change until he's gone. I was personally annoyed with the chants aimed at him at the tamworth away game but he then goes and says what he did after the fc united. Some of what he gets he deserves.

Unbelievable !!    "her name was but in a chant .  I believe it was never aimed at her "
   So some one who knew no better inserted the name and others who knew no better followed .   

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2016, 04:02:17 PM »
Chill out leftback. Dennis put fuel on the fire and now it's been lit.

I'm totally chilled 8) At the end of the day it doesn't bother me if the fans win and get den out, as it will bother our form more, and the club as a whole, and we shall suffer for it. So its on their conscience. Regarding who started what,this is where we, and opinions differ. From what i see, and witnessed, it was the odd fan that put fuel on the fire by making a personal abuse comment originally, which then caused the knobhead response. So really....  who is to blame for starting it all ? As for the FCUM comment, to me, and many others it doesn't read as a did abuse OUR fans, the comment was PRAISING their fans and saying the odd few of our fans could be more like those, which given current fan form couldn't be any nearer the truth. Its all about how people have interpreted this comment, and those with rage against Den will of course make a mountain out of a mole hill.

No matter what happens, Den in or out, our future won't be any different should we get a new manager in, as within half a dozen games, someone somewhere will make personal, abusive comments and around we go again. As i have pointed out in the past, i really don't see what abuse gains. I agree with several on here when they say that some of the things Den says is not right. But i also see the other side of the coin, and i would hope others do also.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2016, 04:03:51 PM »
I Might get slammed for this comment but at this point it dont matter what we want or what we would like fact is Greene is the manager of Boston and will be till the end of season at least.  My concearn is people need to grow up a little and ignore him for now and just get behind the team, Forget our differences all the anti greene crap etc and start to  get behind our commen factors and thats the team,

Ill be first to admit i am very anti greene at the moment because of his digs etc but im behind him 100% because he is the manager of our commen believe..........................................BOSTON UNITED

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »
He has a funny way of appreciating the fans GHM. So what have i actually done to not show appreciation to the club. I use most of my annual leave to follow the team so I think you can shove that statement up your arse. I think Den's driving himself out. It's funny how everyone was up Evans' arse at one point how opinions soon changed on that when they found out he was a crook.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2016, 04:07:49 PM »
He was praising fc united fans was he leftback. Time to remove the tinted shades my friend.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »
I Might get slammed for this comment but at this point it dont matter what we want or what we would like fact is Greene is the manager of Boston and will be till the end of season at least.  My concearn is people need to grow up a little and ignore him for now and just get behind the team, Forget our differences all the anti greene crap etc and start to  get behind our commen factors and thats the team,

Ill be first to admit i am very anti greene at the moment because of his digs etc but im behind him 100% because he is the manager of our commen believe..........................................BOSTON UNITED

Correct Bostonshire .   Lets go all out for the play-offs
                                    And have pride in the club .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
He has a funny way of appreciating the fans GHM. So what have i actually done to not show appreciation to the club. I use most of my annual leave to follow the team so I think you can shove that statement up your arse. I think Den's driving himself out. It's funny how everyone was up Evans' arse at one point how opinions soon changed on that when they found out he was a crook.

Never trusted Evans but many who did tell us different .  As stated previous I have followed BUFC 70 years and used holidays to do it sometimes , even so it does not give licence for me to be abusive and foul mouthed .     A class post by you all the same  :P

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2016, 04:39:15 PM »
It doesn't give me the right to be abusive to people either unless they deserve it. I don't join in with the anti Greene chants because it will have a negative effect on the team but I can understand why people do it. Bostonshires post is just about spot on really but I'm not 100% behind the manager just the players and other staff.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2016, 04:42:49 PM »

At the risk of opening another debate, I'm constantly reminded by work colleagues about the results and successes that Evans got his players to achieve for our club.

Many managers have, I'm sure, crossed a lawful line now and again, but it doesn't always alter the results. They speak for themselves.

It's all a case of does the additional baggage they carry out-weigh the results they achieve? Is DG a case of high maintenance, low output? A play-off position suggests the reverse.

I haven't always been DG's biggest fan, but he has my vote of confidence, despite the baggage. The league position defies the negatives, and for now, that is good enough.

Time to pull together into the playoffs. We seem to forget, we are United.

He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2016, 04:45:42 PM »
Stop trying to change people's opinions good twin  :)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »
Stop trying to change people's opinions good twin  :)

Everyone is entitled to whatever their opinion is, and everyone can stick to their guns for me.

Every debate has at least two sides and a fence in the middle.

Sit whichever side you wish to, I'm not trying to change opinion.

My intention was to point out that in every negative there can still be positive, and despite difference of opinion, we could be showing a more united front than we are doing on this forum.

Or maybe, should we rename our team......Boston not-United?

He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2016, 05:18:20 PM »
Thirteen Hundred Boston supporters yesterday. Thirteen arguing the toss on here. That is a very tiny minority, has it not occurred that possibly Thirteen Hundred fans don't give a toss about our views and are enjoying supporting the team on what has become a very exciting end to the season. Let us very few join them and forget about all the crap that has been spouted.  UTP.