Author Topic: Lowestoft.  (Read 12563 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Lowestoft.
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:37:40 PM »
Some would say pointless but hey who cares.

Me and the wife is taking the little out for the day and gonna make a day out of it, just wondered if many others were thinking of doing this on sat.

or thinking of it as there hasnt been much talk of it at all. is many going down for this game.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lowestoft.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »
all being well i'll be their with 2 mates aslong as they dont let me down  ;D

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:07:01 PM »
 Still a bit of a way for a family day out .
  The Sea front is  pleasant ( beyond the Docks ) with a nice putting green and refreshment  place .
    However parking is dire .. and theres a dodgy  One- Way system round there..

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
Wife fancies going to yarmouth for breakfast along the front then eading down there for noon while i go to match. If anyone knows the place have they any idea of a cheap and decent place for tea after the game(bearing in mind we will have a 2 year old with us).

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »
Anyone got a postcode for Lowestoft, I got meself a new Sat Nav last night and don't have Lowestoft plumbed in yet  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bartmac

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
Anyone got a postcode for Lowestoft, I got meself a new Sat Nav last night and don't have Lowestoft plumbed in yet  ;D

Did you get yours from a nice man in Eagles car park?  I got a car radio from that man, which was a bit of luck as when I returned to my car I found the radio has been stolen! ;) ;D

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »
bostonshire, steer well clear of harry ramsden on yarmouth sea front, very expensive.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:08:57 PM by uncleremus »

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 08:10:12 PM »

Some info on the club is *here*.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 08:15:37 PM »
bostonshire, steer well clear of harry ramsden on yarmouth sea front, very expensive.

Does he sell car radios too?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 08:17:12 PM »

Some info on the club is *here*.

Shit they look a bit good for the league below and with our injury list we could struggle

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 09:06:20 PM »
EMM Well 7 replies nd so far i learnt tha there is 4 going to the match NOT to go to harry ransbottom for for and he also dont sell car sterio,s or navs.

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 10:23:17 PM »

Does he sell car radios too?

no but he sell micro chips

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »
I too am going and taking girlfriend out for weekend, nice hotel in yarmouth then  shall park near ground, by look of it the shops are five mins walk from ground so she will not be bored, not taking her to match seeing as last time took her we let in five at mansfield.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:31:16 PM by uncleremus »

blue2

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 09:55:12 AM »
Wife fancies going to yarmouth for breakfast along the front then eading down there for noon while i go to match. If anyone knows the place have they any idea of a cheap and decent place for tea after the game(bearing in mind we will have a 2 year old with us).

Hi Bostonshire. Being a Lowestoft lad I cannot recommend Gt. Yarmouth (many of us locals keep clear of the place with its 'Kiss Me Quick' hats!). Lowestoft is a quieter place than Gt. Yarmouth but the seafront and beach are classier. The sea is shallow if your daughter wanted a paddle and the beach is clean and an award winner. I think our beach feels far safer. With the weather this weekend it should be lovely! I can recommend the Lighthouse Cafe for a very good tea / breakfast / eat but this is at the north end of the town at the foot of the cliff at Sparrows Nest. Would need to drive there before returning to the seafront. If you wanted to eat on the seafront you have got Captain Nemos on the Claremont Pier and Thatched Restaurant a bit further up that are both good. If you want a great chinese then there is Gourmets opposite the Thatched Restaurant. There are others but these are the ones I would prefer to go to myself. In town centre the Library Cafe (above Godfreys shop in Suffolk Road) is very good and about ten minutes walk from the ground itself. And, near the bridge (and again ten mins from the ground) you have The Pizza and Pancake Co.

Link for info on The Lighthouse Cafe:
http://www.bizwiki.co.uk/cafes/198411/the-lighthouse-cafe.htm

Other general info:
http://www.lovelowestoft.co.uk/directory.php
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:42:01 PM by blue2 »

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
Thanks blue2.

Reading it almost makes me homesick, talk of Captain Nemos, paddling in the ice cold sea etc.

;)