Author Topic: Quadrant meeting live blog  (Read 5481 times)

bostontarget.co.uk

• View Profile
Quadrant meeting live blog
« on: August 05, 2014, 03:57:16 PM »
A decision is due to be made on the Quadrant planning application later today.

Follow the meeting live ... Read more: http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/LIVE-Quadrant-development-decision/story-22075813-detail/story.html#ixzz39WuNuSSB

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Quadrant meeting live blog
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 06:56:06 PM »
is this the most ridiculous statement ??
Dr Nyman says noise from the stadium would increase cardiovascular disease in residents living near the development.
Sorry Cyril..You are a top man but really??
Do the residents of York Street/spain lane have higher rates than the rest of the town?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:24:51 PM »
is this the most ridiculous statement ??
Dr Nyman says noise from the stadium would increase cardiovascular disease in residents living near the development.
Sorry Cyril..You are a top man but really??
Do the residents of York Street/spain lane have higher rates than the rest of the town?

Residents who will be living near the new stadium need to do what I do now, get inside the stadium, cheer and clap United and generally give the heart a good work out. 
United we stand..................

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 08:03:37 AM »
Just reading this article: http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/Dennis-Greene-wants-lead-Boston-United-new/story-22080086-detail/story.html

Can we really be in the quadrant stadium in 18 months? I was thinking twice that in 3 seasons time at the start of the 2017-18 season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »
Could it be that we move in, whilst it's still being built? Build the main stand as priority, section off some of it for the away fans, and build the home end? We could then add the remaining two stands the summer afterwards?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 09:17:39 AM »
It'll save costs for now but how awkward would it be going to a 2 sided ground?
It'll be like nearly every other ground in the league then!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:34 AM »
I know its not hard but with the incredible speed in which this has happened, I'm a bit confused  ???.

Does this announcement simply mean the council have passed the principle of having a new ground and associated development and now simply await on the government rubber stamping that principle, which is what I originally thought, or and this would be amazing, was this official confirmation of either outline and or final planning permission on the whole project itself which I didn't think it was, because the two are obviously poles apart certainly in time frames. But when DG mentioned about possibly being in within two years I just assumed its actually because final planning permission has been approved and granted. sorry for my ignorance here people

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:12:20 AM »
I could be wrong, but listening to Paul Edwards on the webcast, he said that the application for the ground was for full planning permission and the housing and retail development was for outline planning permission and that the submitted plans were indicative only. Apologies if I am wrong.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 12:33:02 PM »
plans for the ground are in full detail and the enabling developmeet is in outline form. The project needs rubber stamping from goverment then I believe development of the new community stadium will commence in spring 2015. I just hope the goverment don't call it in..

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »
If that is the case then it's not just good but brilliant news and am staggered that everything went through so quickly.
I remember reading about Stamford's applicatiom which whilst ultimately successful took 3,4 years,and had to endure many hearings and await the findings of  many reports including things like environmental and Roas highways etc. So to get this officially passed in this manner is incredible. Many congratulations to everyone involved with the application

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 08:09:35 AM »
All the environmental and highways reports have been submitted and no statutory objections just a number of planning conditions to meet. just needs approval from goverment let's hope they don't call it in.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 08:26:26 AM »
I think; let the bulldozers take over now.(yawn)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »
If that is the case then it's not just good but brilliant news and am staggered that everything went through so quickly.
I remember reading about Stamford's applicatiom which whilst ultimately successful took 3,4 years,and had to endure many hearings and await the findings of  many reports including things like environmental and Roas highways etc. So to get this officially passed in this manner is incredible. Many congratulations to everyone involved with the application

This high lights how lucky we are to have a backer with great business acumen , knowhow and trust .
We are now envied by many other clubs of higher status .
The only question left unanswered is .......
How many weeks will it be before we get a post complaining that the building has not begun ?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 02:15:40 PM »
It's ok GHM I've just dug the first sod ;D :dan

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »
There are quite a few sods that I can think or Ernie. Which one have you dug up?  8)