Author Topic: Lee Canoville's Reaction - Bishop's Stortford  (Read 3824 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Lee Canoville's Reaction - Bishop's Stortford
« on: January 10, 2012, 11:22:42 PM »
The joint manager answered various questions after the game, including what the team's plan A is in terms of going forward.

http://endeavourradio.co.uk/bufc/

Seenbetter

Re: Lee Canoville's Reaction - Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:53:58 AM »
Leadership. Thats what the team is crying out for. It saddened me to hear LC blaming the team for not turning up and putting in a shift. The team clearly had no idea, no direction, no tactics. The BS goalkeeper must have thought he had been given the night off. All he needed was a table, chair, cup of tea and a plate of sandwiches to complete his night. We have half a dozen or so 'good' players let down by others who have been signed up by The Managers to make a difference. You have to feel sorry for those good players because it must affect their confidence to be playing with the rubbish the managers have brought in. Which one of them thought Constantine was any good. N40s has had some stick about his posts but he has been right. LC said BS had a good result against Guiseley and it was probably due to their new manager, perhaps that should tell him something. And it's no good folks saying "who else is there to do the job" because quite frankly some Sunday morning teams could beat BU at the moment, perhaps one of their managers could do the job (flipant I know, but you get my point).
Gates will tumble now. Steadfast hardy supporters will turn up whatever but they are not the majority. Others will not pay good money for that rubbish if there is something better to do, like shopping.
It really was very sad to hear LC reduced to blaming the team. JL would have probably said the same thing. The team are clearly not happy. we are using players that no one else wants and we have managers who blame anyone else except themselves. Very sad indeed.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
while i agree that things at the moment are poor, to say that the majority of fans will not turn up is stupid. moaners won't turn up..but true fans will. its so jeremy kyle this...what do you do when you missus has a bad day ? divorce her ?? no, you ride the storm and things come good in the end. same as in football, we cannot be always winning, so take heart that we have a team to support...one that yes this season is over and we are mid table, but a team that is still alive. not like we thought we would be a few years ago !!! 

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
the 'lets be glad to have a team' doesnt wash with me anymore, thats what we said when tt was in charge for a bad season with a squad put together in a couple of weeks! Im not glad to have a team that doesnt show effort until it concedes! The one and ONLY player to have any credit last night was semple who is now injured! Its just not good enough, simple as that.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »
Like the Managers or not they are the same people that made a comment 2 games ago saying they was happy with the defenders and that part of the team was sorted.

Hmm. Thats 13 goals in the last 8 shipped in with 7 in the last 4.

Also our last 10(30pts) League games as seen us collect 9 points giving us a ave of 0.9 per match. luckely for us thou it does seem that this league makes you safe  above 40 points so a couple of more wins should about put that worry to bed

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 05:10:12 PM »
Thanks Patrick! Never knew there was an app! Just seen Seb! Does he still go to BUFC?

Seenbetter

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 10:40:43 PM »
Hello Leftbackinthedressingroom. Firstly I really do applaud your positive approach but can I just point this out. True supporters (whatever that is) will keep going but they are the minority. Punters through the turnstyles equals cash to run the club. Fewer punters means less money for the club means less money for players means a poor future in many ways. If my wife has a bad day she gets a cup of T and sympathy but if she has a bad season she gets part exchanged for a camel (sorry ducks if you read this, I wouldn't really swap u for a camel ). People must realise that although finishing mid table would be acceptable its the finances that decide survival not league positions. At least effort and some good performances could improve attendances BUT the rubbish we are seeing will not.
Any chance you could change your name to Bill or something else short or is using such a long title supposed to deter folks referring to you. Perhaps N40s should rename to Supercalifragilisticexpialodocious to see if it would stop the apparent vendetta against him. Anyway, keep well Leftbackinthedressingroom from Themanwholikesmustardsauceandketchuponhischeeseburgerathalftime. Keep smiling.  :)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 10:52:08 PM »
while i agree that things at the moment are poor, to say that the majority of fans will not turn up is stupid. moaners won't turn up..but true fans will. its so jeremy kyle this...what do you do when you missus has a bad day ? divorce :) her ?? no, you ride the storm and things come good in the end. same as in football, we cannot be always winning, so take heart that we have a team to support...one that yes this season is over and we are mid table, but a team that is still alive. not like we thought we would be a few years ago !!! 

Good post. Just reality  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell