Author Topic: Canners talks to the Boston Standard  (Read 2391 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Canners talks to the Boston Standard
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/6te2wc5

Go have a read; I've not cut 'n pasted it else Dunc will end up sleeping on a park bench clutching a case of nicked Stowford Press to his chest.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: Canners talks to the Boston Standard
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
I've not cut 'n pasted it else Dunc will end up sleeping on a park bench clutching a case of nicked Stowford Press to his chest.

...again.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »
Thing is after watching and listening to the reaction from Cannoville and Austin and then reading this it's nothing new.  Certainly nothing which gives me any confidence of a turnaround.

The 'season starts now' line was from Jason Lee at Christmas and essentially its repeated again now by Canoville.  The recent results are terrible on paper and compounded by the performances that went with them.  Till there is a change in the performance, not just the odd result, there will continue to be negativity around the team.

Either significant player movement in/out or a change to the management setup (meaning stick to the side lines not play or one take the lead rather than joint managers) is needed to give the season back some energy.

We are looking like drifting into a relegation fight and its a terrible run in to attempt that with.  It's not all doom and gloom as many have said there are players of quality in the side, they need to step up and so does the performance of the managers.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 01:18:05 PM »
Canners and Lee are clearly putting in 100%, I think the effort is there. However they are inexperienced managers and still learning. Maybe they will come good in the end, the old story of looking at Alex Ferguson's first season at MU always comes to mind.

The two biggest areas we are going wrong though are the job roles of the mangers. Firstly across football joint mangers are rarely used and rarely successful, there needs to be a No1. Secondly player managers are rarely successful, Nick Barmby has just announced his retirement from playing as he has been given the managers job at Hull even though he admits he still loves to play and is still good enough to. I'll go back to Canners and Lee putting in 100%, they are putting into 100% effort into BUFC, however 50% effort into playing and 50% effort into managing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:24:16 PM by Lee Newell »

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »
There should only be one manager not two so let Jason Lee do that and Lee go back to just playing, then maybe things might change