Author Topic: well done Jimmy Knowles ... Leagues 3rd highest scorer  (Read 2311 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
well done Jimmy Knowles ... Leagues 3rd highest scorer
« on: May 05, 2024, 08:04:24 PM »
Paul Blackett   South Shields 30   
Daniel Whitehall Scunthorpe United 21
Jimmy Knowles Boston United 19   

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: well done Jimmy Knowles ... Leagues 3rd highest scorer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 08:05:36 PM »
Kelsey Mooney was 5th equal

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 09:40:16 PM »
Plenty of assists too. Retaining Knowles has has to be high up on the managers to do list next week along with Gregory Bostwick Rowe Mills Richards

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 10:15:04 PM »
Bostwick will be here next season as I believe he's triggered another year. Would expect to keep hold of mills and Richard's. The rest you've mentioned will be snapped up I'd assume. Accrington scout was watching Knowles at Alfreton the other week

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 10:30:57 PM »
Rowe and Gregory would be the ones I'd be most concerned about. For large parts of the season would you say Knowles and/or Mooney have looked like they could regularly play one or two levels above? I'd say no.

The older guys I'm sure will stay. Woods will be an interesting one. He'll be 40 next season, is he really cut out for NL football? Might be someone good off the bench from time to time and to help with training but then we have Cully, Bazza and Joe already so slightly unsure where he'd fit in. Mills works again now so if we edge closer to properly full-time even more that could throw an interesting conundrum for him. Bostwick has activated a clause so he'll be fine.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 10:37:00 PM »
I believe we'll be adding to the U23 squad, so maybe Woods could help Joe with those and also be available for the 1st team. Up to him I guess!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 12:55:49 PM »
I wouldn't pin your hopes on Rowe staying, from what I've heard. Far too good for us and scouts have noticed.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 08:08:01 PM »
I'm assuming Rowe will go, but being positive about it maybe other players will see him as an example and come to get regular game time and kickstart their careers

Gregory might also go, but will he want to know he is the first choice wherever he goes? That might make him stay, for another season anyway

As for Knowles, he particularly needs to make the right choice, I feel. Again pick a club where you are playing most if not every week. Billy Chadwick was great for us but I can't be the only one who thought he might be at a club doing better than being in a Conference relegation battle?

But having said all that, what do I know? I never rated Colby Bishop. Or Manny Diesruwve.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2024, 08:22:01 AM »
Thinking back to the Denis Greene days and we had a link up of sorts with Sunderland which worked well.

Recently we've had a few from my lot, Sheff Utd and that really would be worth exploring as they've won their U23 league for the 4th year running. Now we're that bit higher we'll possibly get a better quality player sent over for a loan.

Interesting times, I'm expecting at least 75% of the squad to be newbies come August though, it has to be that way.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 10:45:38 AM »
For all the euphoria we have to remember we finished 6th in a desperately poor league and as much as we may love this group, some of them are not good enough for the step up. Harsh, but reality.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2024, 10:47:53 AM »
It will certainly be an interesting summer. It was great to see you after game, Pete.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2024, 11:40:58 AM »
Thinking back to the Denis Greene days and we had a link up of sorts with Sunderland which worked well.

Recently we've had a few from my lot, Sheff Utd and that really would be worth exploring as they've won their U23 league for the 4th year running. Now we're that bit higher we'll possibly get a better quality player sent over for a loan.

Interesting times, I'm expecting at least 75% of the squad to be newbies come August though, it has to be that way.

Posh are the club locally to get onboard with sending us some loan players. They have recently sent players to the National League, and they value their U21s/U18s very highly.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2024, 08:04:57 AM »
For all the euphoria we have to remember we finished 6th in a desperately poor league and as much as we may love this group, some of them are not good enough for the step up. Harsh, but reality.

Early season form was poor, even losing to Bishop Stortford whilst the side was still gelling. End of season form was considerably better, and warranted a position much higher than sixth. With that momentum and camaraderie in place, wouldn't it be better to keep the nucleus of the squad together and give it a chance? If the group breaks up too much, don't you risk more results like Stortford? But if you keep it together, anything is possible. Look at Tamworth .....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2024, 08:32:58 AM »
I was told Knowles had been offered a position at a club in the USA.
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2024, 08:38:52 AM »
USA? I've always considered it a graveyard for players......