Author Topic: This Trust Meeting next week.....  (Read 5435 times)

Shodfried

This Trust Meeting next week.....
« on: December 04, 2009, 12:00:08 PM »
any chance of publicizing it just a teensy weeny bit more? ???

Surely there should be a sticky at the top of the site at the very least?

We hear little enough from The Trust at the best of times, surely with whats gone off at Kings Lynn people should be made aware of the precarious nature of clubs at this level. A few words in the press' ears wouldn't go amiss, I know the Taget is a dead loss these days now Rob and Barbara don't contribute, but The Standard gives us the thick end of 3 full pages, I'm sure Mr Aqua Marine can find room for a mention.

If you want me to turn up with the programme stall I'll be happy to, all proceeds that day can go the StP fund, I'm sure no one will object to that......?

Shodfried

Re: This Trust Meeting next week.....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 04:44:11 PM »
No disrespect but The Trust committee knew about this meeting prior to last Saturday's game, why was it not leafleted on the turnstiles or by helpers at the gate?

Its OK letting trust members know but how many members does it have? Less than 50 at a guess?

I suggest someone involved gets on the blower to Browny at The Standard on Monday at 9am and lets him know whats happening. Apathy seems to be killing Kings Lynn, lets not simply rely on Dave to keep bailing the ship out or we'll end up in another crisis before we know it.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »
Oooh, I’ve just found an e-mail from Hilders in my inbox asking for AGM stuff to be added to the Trust website. This is easier said than done as the PC I used to access the server died in July, taking impsTALK and Dreamweaver and, more importantly, all my passwords with it.

I’ll try and get something sorted out, but I’m out now til Sunday.

So I guess what I’m saying is: kinda my fault.

Soz.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 06:03:25 PM »
:o

And we are supposed to rally around the Trust ?

Pay cash directly to the club ......

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 08:24:42 PM »
Andy you will be more than welcome hopefully everyone on this forum will also come if they can make it, you are right the fans need to discuss matters and everyone will get that chance. Although its a match day I hope the club chairman David will be able to make it.
The meeting is in the cons club for the very reason stated ie happily people are filling the Pilgrims Lounge quite early including away fans.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 08:29:37 PM »
Just to add I will be happy to speak to anyone tomorrow I will be in front of their sports bar shed

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »
Patrick as I dont know who you are could you please contact me to discuss your sugestions.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 08:39:38 PM »
Camel   All money that comes to the Trust is for the club.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 10:21:30 AM »
Was a member of the Trust, when I preferred the money to go to the Trust rather than the criminal ran club.

Now I am a little bit confused  ??? why not just give to the club directly - which is what I do - rather than via the Trust.

I no longer really understand the Trust's mission .....

Why give the money to the Trust to buy shares in the club. What do the shares actually count for? voting rights, ownership, token guesture?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »
Thanks Patrick

But a presumably and I guess .... is hardly a statement of aims that the fans can rally behind and support.

The Trust need a definate statement of aims .... and then a policy of how best those aims can be acheived.

Since the takeover of the club the Trust has lost its way somewhat and now is pretty much a lame duck.

Time to refresh / renew, lets hope the starting point is the AGM .....

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 09:15:17 PM »
Spoke with David and Chris at Matlock today and am happy to report they will be attending the Trusts AGM next Saturday at 1  30 pm in the Conservative Club. I again ask all fans to attend members or not you are all welcome.
Said I would be in front of Matlocks Sports Bar/ Shed but alas it has burnt down so expect a Guisely type new stand. Buggers these fires arent they.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 07:43:35 PM »
As I cannot attend the meeting can someone put this idea foward to them on my behalf;

I'd like the trust to set up a fund for a new ground called the black and amber fund. Since the the ground rent is beyond a joke and crippling our club it's time for us to start seriously saving for our own ground and make a better future for the club.

I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with my idea but I'd be extremely grateful if someone who is attending the meeting put forward my idea to the trust for me.
Cheers

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 05:25:50 PM »
POL 
Your sugestion has been discussed and will be discussed again at the AGM. Thanks for your interest.