Author Topic: Den Needs A Magic Wand  (Read 7754 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Den Needs A Magic Wand
« on: August 10, 2013, 05:17:39 PM »

To Make:
 Timms the best goalkeeper in non league football
Mills disappear ASAP
Bore look interested in playing
Ross put in a tackle
Newsham to gain some enthusiasm
Find a striker who might score

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Den Needs A Magic Wand
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:22:09 PM »
Indy!  ;)

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 05:38:15 PM »
Indy!  ;)

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

Yes i have noticed the indy situation has gone all quiet. Get him in now. When Gary mills came off we had to put our 30 goal a season striker in midfield! Just because we have no one else. We have no plan B either.

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »
We have marshall to cover when he's back to fitness

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 06:01:42 PM »
He doesn't need a magic wand, he needs a 6' 6" striker if our 3 centre backs are going to keep hoofing the ball 50 yards up the field.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 06:04:29 PM »
Den will be needing a new job if results continue in this vein............ :(

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »
I don't see a problem with the defence, it's when the ball reaches our midfielders then we miss that killer ball. We have proven strikers in the team that will score given the chance, we just lack a big fella upfront to change things around a bit

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 06:35:18 PM »
He doesn't need a magic wand, he needs a 6' 6" striker if our 3 centre backs are going to keep hoofing the ball 50 yards up the field.

Correct , whats the point when we have two small strikers .

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »
Beaten by a better side, much better side. No big punch up front. Has to be said that the ref was no help at all, well only to GT who took full advantage of the plonker in black who is yet another one of those useless items who wouldn't recognise a foul if a player kicked him in the nuts. And did any of you notice the reason why I call our young lad Charlie 'the elbow' Sanders. In a proper league game he would have been sent off for violent conduct, just a shame it wasn't on that woman Jones.
Nothing in todays game inspired me into looking forward to a "very good" season.
And for goodness sake, whats the idea of hoofing the ball long and high to a bunch of forwards who must be the smallest bunch of forwards in the league.
A dismall display.
Please feel sorry for some of the players because they must feel as crap as those of us who went to the game.
Time for T. Have a good evening everyone one.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »
It takes a very brave person to play, not hoof, but with what we have up front, we'll not get anywhere lumping it long and over the top. The strikers had nothing to feed on all game, any chances we did create were from the strikers making something happen but that was few and far between.
Defensively, I'm less worried (can't believe I'm saying this!). I've seen 2 games and Timms had not had to make a save of note yet has picked it out of the net 3 times through no fault of him but going forwards, we've looked nowhere near a unit which will get over 60 goals as we did last year.
Fair play to them, they were the better side but I'm not convinced they'll be the standard bearer, so a worrying show from us today

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »
Den Greene as grass ? Call him Claude . .

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »
Lets look at the positives, the bacon baps were great !!!!!!!!!!
Looks like another long season ahead if todays performance is anything to go by.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
Beaten by a better side, much better side. No big punch up front. Has to be said that the ref was no help at all.

Agreed.

It is easy to blame the referee when key decisions don't go our way, and sometimes that's a bit unfair as we're not exactly impartial. But today's referee didn't just get some of the key decisions wrong, he also dropped some of the most basic clangers. He started the second half with one of his linesmen inside the penalty area! (The linesmen had just been checking the goalnets and was nowhere near the right position when the ref blew the whistle). If a referee can't even get that right, then what hope is there for the more important issues? And yes, he was bad throughout.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 11:35:35 PM »
We need a midfield who isn't a scared of putting a foot in first and foremost, my main criticism of Ross over time is yes he can play the "flashy" stuff at times and when it comes off it looks nice on the eye, but even then when he tries going for the Hollywood pass across the field there's an easier pass available for him and he doesn't seem to like the nitty gritty side of the game, where in the past the likes of Church and Sleath excelled in, Church in particular wasn't the most gifted player we've ever had but he was exactly time of midfielder you need in this league

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 01:15:08 AM »
What, or who we did miss today was Sansara.  He creates lots of overlapping runs , which then results in man v man attacking. today we lacked just that, i can't remember many times we had a player willing to run at the gainsborough back line. I'd agree too that we need to pursue that indy chap and get him on board.  As for Sanders "elbow",  it wasn't that bad at all as i were in line with it and yes it was a foul, but a yellow was all it was.  We need these strong players on board and so far pre-season in all the games i have seen him in he has put in a good show.