Author Topic: Changed Team vs Worcester?  (Read 13712 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Changed Team vs Worcester?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 06:09:21 PM »
why make all those changes when its team from our own league? If it'd been a Unibond side then thats OK, but I thought it was disrespectful on the managers part and we paid the price. In fairness 2 of the Worcester goals won't be bettered down here this season but we were the architects of our own downfall with the selection. By the time changes were made we were 2 down and chasing the game.

If they want to give fringe players a bit of match time they should have some midweek friendlies and include some of the reserves and youth to make up the side.

Oh, and if Butcher is going to keep goal again would someone be kind enough to let me know beforehand and I'll make alternative arrangements.......he's a liability, Spalding Utd on loan should be his next move after that 'performance'.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 06:24:48 PM »
or full time,

Smashing local lad but after2 or 3 years of willing him to make the grade im just not sure he ever will!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 07:19:28 PM »
Naughtyforties - agree entirely and I said the same thing during the match. Those substitutions shouldn't have had to have been made.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »
Look on the bright side. our manager as made one mistake, our freinds up the road as one that makes mistakes each week

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
Here's a few pics. There might be more when I get to Grantham.....

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 07:30:12 PM »
Have to agree with most of what's been written about today's game. I will though add that the player who scored the first goal, should by rights have been in the shower, dressed and sat on the fooking bus!! That was a straight red, no messing with a yellow! I was watching the little turd just before he tried to fetch Pearson's leg off. He was trying to stamp on Pearson's foot as they stood waiting for a goal kick, then when Pearson pushed him he complained to the ref.
Within a few mins he had launched himself at Pearson, the bugger knew exactly what he was doing.
One thing i did enjoy today though, was the chips and curry. So if the ladies that serve in the tuck shop are reading this, hello to you and thank you for the lovely grub  ;)

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »
Second half was great, showed we needed a strong team out there, first half was a shambles.
One thing however, in the Town End today the amount of negativity was shocking, I heard that Canoville is sh*t and that he shouldn't be playing for us, Yates was lazy (one of the biggest 100%ers in my opinion, and that Semple was sh*t too. Can't forget that we're second in the league, bit of daylight between the play off places, surely an off day once in a while can be accepted?

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 08:31:05 PM »
Agree with Lonegunman - Danks should have been off early on.  I saw him treading on Pearson's feet before that tackle and it was clearly deliberate.  What was the lino watching?  It was right in front of him.

Are opponents targeting Shaun to try and wind him up?  I've thought this a few times in recent games.  Not because he will retaliate (not seen him do that yet!), but because it does seem to distract him and he's not his usual dominant self

No doubt the changes cost us today - clearly the FA Cup is not a priority (as last year), whatever is said publicly by the managers.  If it was, they wouldn't have started with 4 players who aren't match fit.  Cully is a useful player to have in the squad, but not a winger, so our attacking threat was reduced; the game passed Davies by and he looks some way from match fitness; Butcher probably would have saved the second one if he was playing every week, but he needs to get some games and that means going out on loan.

Good to see Newy looking sharp again.  I'm sure Hunter would have been used but Danny's injury at 2-0 down meant we had to put Spencer on and we just had to replace Davies and Cullingworth.  Wouldn't argue with any of the substitutions  - it was the team selection that cost us.

Not too worried about today's result, as long as we keep up the performances in the league. 

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 09:07:18 PM »
Firstly apart from the obvious of losing the game was a very good game of football and enjoyable as much as it can be when losing.

It's very easy to blame the changes for our defeat but as has been said the GK was forced upon us. Of the others it's easy to be wise after the event but I see nobody is talking about Newsh who is equally lacking in match time and fitness as Cully and Davies, he was outstanding and fully deserved the MOTM award.

Personally think if they'd of rested Church and not Sleath we wouldn't have lost so much creativity in midfield. Cully shouldn't of been played out of position, if he was to be given game time then he should of been played at either full back position. Can't say it was just those to blame for the first half though, Yates was a bit anonymous, Jelly and Canners where slashing at the ball. For me the whole team looked off the pace and where too 1 dimensional. Once DD went off we looked to play more football and we started to create more, although it took Newsh chasing a lost cause to reall get us back into it. Up until then Worcester had looked in full control. Once that doubt was put in their minds and more creative players in Semple and Sleath brought on in place of the more defensive Cully/Davies we pushed them back more and more and once we equalised there looked like only 1 winner.

Agree Butcher looked lacking in confidence and really should of saved the second but couldn't do much about the first and third. Apart from that looked nervy and made a couple of other mistakes but got away with them.

Am gutted from a financial point of view for DN/NK  but personally if we're going to lose sooner the FA Cup than a league game or even the Trophy. As has been said a win at VM next week will compensate for today.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 09:15:18 PM »
I try to look for possitives from every game. 1. If the second half team had started we would have won the game comfortably. 2. If you can call it possitive we now know that certain squad members are not up to the level required. 3. That from now on we need to start our strongest team in every game.
I am sure the managers will will have us bouncing back and am sure the lads will shake off the dissapointment of today.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »
A few more pics, more to follow when I get home.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 10:20:50 PM »
We played much better once Spencer came on for Davidson.  At least they then started to play football.

One of the funniest comments one fan close by said looking towards Spencer " Quick get him on - before Danny recovers"

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 10:33:27 PM »
We played much better once Spencer came on for Davidson.  At least they then started to play football.

One of the funniest comments one fan close by said looking towards Spencer " Quick get him on - before Danny recovers"

Ironically he did himself a wrong 'un whilst bulldozering his way through their back four and creating one of our few first half chances.  People weren't moaning about him at that point though were they. 

At times I'm not DD biggest fan but he does the job he is given.  Broughton, Jason Lee, Jones all received the same stick while playing as target men for us,  some people just don't see the benefits of a big man up top and probably never will.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
I think its faie to say that the worcester players took full advantage of the wind being behind them in the first half, the two goals certainly were wind-assisted rockets.

Concentrate on the league now and hopefully next season we won't have to come in until the 4th qualifying round.