Author Topic: The sending off  (Read 3526 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
The sending off
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:39:28 AM »
Anyone know why the Wooster player was sent off? I did hear a few suggestions, he nutted Pearson, he said something to the linesman, he was just to fat to be a footballer.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and Curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The sending off
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »
Stamped on Pearson's foot after a tussle apparently,lino saw it and called the ref over...

Bob Lee

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »
Stamped on Pearson's foot after a tussle apparently,lino saw it and called the ref over...

Pearson stamped on his foot and he retaleated with a head butt.

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
Pearson did stamp on his foot I watched him do it then he retaliated, but i'm not sure what happen before this I'm sure Pearson wouldn't of done it for no good reason!  ;) ::)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »
So, i can cross off the saying something to the linesman and being to fat then!!  ;D

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »
I definitely saw him go nose to nose with Pearson and push (you know what i mean rather than a butt as such) but this was probably just after the stamp.  Fair play that the officials called it and acted though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:53:10 AM by Mickey Nuttells Hair »

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 09:53:30 PM »
Didn't see the incident personally. But the report in today's Non-League paper suggests that the player was sent off for a head butt on Kevin Austin.

palada

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 10:38:53 PM »
Just after he walked , their manager asked the lino why he was sent off and he gestured a head butt.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 10:40:28 PM »
The player knew he had done wrong though cos he just walked off without arguing,or is it only Premier League that do that ???? :D

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 12:45:50 PM »
And after their manager had a word with the lino, he accepted the decision as well, so I'd guess it was a good decision.

Pearson is often subjected to kicks and toe-treading off the ball, and he does give a bit back - nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't get caught!  Perhaps a bit lucky not to get a yellow card if it's right that he trod on the striker?

When the ref got his card out I thought it was for Glover for mouthing off at the lino!