Author Topic: Ravas  (Read 7552 times)

joebloom9

• View Profile
Ravas
« on: January 02, 2016, 07:22:55 PM »
Ravas gone to Derby on a two and a half year deal. Good luck to the lad! Harry Limb also gone on loan to Loughborough.
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Ravas
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »
Is it April 1st ?

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 09:25:18 PM »
Never been so happy to see a player leave, whatever the Derby scout is on can they please share it out!?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 10:04:10 PM »
Very surprised , good luck to the lad .

Endeared himself to many of the  townenders  ,

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 10:19:31 PM »

Agree with you, I'm surprised at the level he's moved to, but dg now has only 1 keeper, and a week ago, he had 3. Just goes to show how little he rated vinno, as ravas move, according to dg on the standards site, quote " Derby waited until after the festive period", implying the move was known by dg before vinno was allowed to go to hyde.
I was never Ravas biggest fan, but at a crucial time, can alexander step up to the mark, or is there a genius transfer move waiting to be announced? Only dg knows.....
tax free sarcasm and irony included

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:14:24 PM »

Agree with you, I'm surprised at the level he's moved to, but dg now has only 1 keeper, and a week ago, he had 3. Just goes to show how little he rated vinno, as ravas move, according to dg on the standards site, quote " Derby waited until after the festive period", implying the move was known by dg before vinno was allowed to go to hyde.
I was never Ravas biggest fan, but at a crucial time, can alexander step up to the mark, or is there a genius transfer move waiting to be announced? Only dg knows.....

Apparently it is agreed with Derby that Henrich will remain at Boston for the rest of the season. (If he is fit ).

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 11:44:07 AM »
When he's playing in goal for Slovakia in World Cup 2022, people will be saying how they remember him playing for BUFC ;)

Whilst he's not been the best goalkeeper we've ever had, I believe people seem to skim past the facts that this is his first season in proper senior football, and he is only 17 years old. He is a great shot-stopper, and has pulled off some top class saves.

I'd be interested in looking up what Shrewsbury fans thought of Joe Hart when he played for them at the age of 17...

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
I didn't wish my comment to come across as negative. I think he has potential, it's just that in this league and the positions we are challenging for, we can't afford to carry anyone. Despite a clean sheet last week, he looked very jittery. Mind you, I don't think Alexander did himself any favours yesterday when he dribbled around the Lowestoft striker with the score at two one.

TEP

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 01:29:51 PM »
I didn't wish my comment to come across as negative. I think he has potential, it's just that in this league and the positions we are challenging for, we can't afford to carry anyone. Despite a clean sheet last week, he looked very jittery. Mind you, I don't think Alexander did himself any favours yesterday when he dribbled around the Lowestoft striker with the score at two one.

TEP

At least he has confidence (maybe too much in yesterday's case) but I think more importantly, the back four seemed to have confidence in him, as they know he'll come for the ball, and I'm not sure Ravas knew whether or not to come out or not for crosses, and therefore a definite lack of understanding at the back. Alexander's kicking is a lot straighter too, but (I may be wrong) I don't think he's ever kept a competitive clean sheet. There's always pros and cons, and both are young lads and will learn and develop. Not everyone becomes Joe Hart though!
tax free sarcasm and irony included

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 10:41:27 PM »

TEP

Didn't wish for the initial comment to come across as negative, but then go on to suggest we are carrying him !!  Are you for real ?  Ravas is a decent keeper,  but with some there is just no pleasing it seems.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 10:56:02 PM »
Left back, yes he's not bad but not what we need at the moment. Seems you are easily pleased. I think we need to set our standards a bit higher.

When I used to play (at a standard not far from this) I came across many similar scenarios. Young keepers that are good technically but not confident enough to take charge of the back four - a fundamental part of the defensive unit.

Good luck to him at Darby. Hopefully they can unlock his potential and give him those extra qualities needed to succeed in mens football.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 05:57:50 PM »
According to OS  Henrich has gone to Derby , done deal .   good luck great move .

In the meantime according to BBC Lincs  Den is on his way home with an experienced goalie in his shopping bag .

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »
    Good luck to Henrich, a great move for him. Seems to have bags of character and plenty of natural ability, can only improve with experience. Considering he was expecting to turn out for Yaxley this season think he has coped well at NLN level.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 11:50:30 PM »
Was he a Boston player or on loan?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 11:50:01 AM »
Was he a Boston player or on loan?

Loan from Peterborough I think, he was dual registered any way with us and Posh.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR