Author Topic: Gloucester Match Thread  (Read 36990 times)

tigerroar

• View Profile
Re: Gloucester Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 10:17:39 PM »
With 15 minutes to go.......

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »

TNF if you had it wouldn't have made the slightest difference your team is so waist full with the ball when crossing,corners and cross feild passing. Im Not sure what the corner count was in the game but only twice did i see the ball land anywhere close to where it could have Made any problems,

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »
You hadn't scored in 75 minutes, so what makes you think you would have in 15?

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:29 PM »
It only takes a second to score a goal.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 07:28:35 AM »
Me thinks this supreme optimist needs to go to Specsavers  (after his visit to the funny farm).

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 08:41:21 AM »
I have just taken awhile to read some of Tigga's rants on the Blue Square Forum and my first conclusion is that nobody loves him.

My second conclusion is that, if Nathan hadn't got in the way and their man had caught Bazza, he would have needed a stretcher to take him off, he wouldn't have been fit to walk after his red card.

How can Tigga  call Bazza fat is beyond me. Baz is all muscle and one of the fittest guys in our team.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2012, 10:58:49 AM »
When the ball is inches from the keepers gloves, and the striker is 5-6 feet away, what do you think the striker is trying make contact with when he launches himself towards the keeper?? The ball?? Don't make me laugh!!!

There is no doubt that the keeper will get to the ball before the striker in this case (because that is what happened). The fact that Bazza collected the ball and still got out of the way in time confirms that  the striker stood no chance at all of winning the ball, yet still he made a reckless and dangerous challenge, having no regard for the consequences of him doing so. In so doing he made contact with an opponent. It was a foul. It was "a tackle" (loosely defined) from behind. It was a red card. End of.

We have seen plenty of sending off's in the Premier League this season where the ball has been won in a tackle, but it is the follow through that strikes the opponent and causes a foul to be committed. This present case is much worse. There was zero chance of winning the ball. We can say that because he didn't get anywhere near it. At all times the defender is between your striker and the ball. Your striker cannot get to the ball without fouling the defender.

Your defence of your striker is as brainless as the challenge that your striker made.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
I go on the BSN forum on a regular basis and see tigga getting the micky taken on almost a daily basis .
Having noted this and the time he has spent on our forum the last few days I would like tigga to answer the following question
 When do you find time to do your homework tigga?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2012, 07:26:54 PM »
It only takes a second to score a goal.
And you didn't score at all...

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »
When the ball is inches from the keepers gloves, and the striker is 5-6 feet away, what do you think the striker is trying make contact with when he launches himself towards the keeper?? The ball?? Don't make me laugh!!!

Why do folk constantly exaggerate to try to make a point? The picture where the ball is an inch or two from Bastock's gloves, Scott is no more than three feet away. The photo is proof of this so if you have a point to make, stick to the facts.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »
FACT 1: The game finished 2-0 to BUFC.
FACT 2: Your player got sent off.

Just sticking to the facts!

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2012, 10:59:52 PM »
You missed the fact about the most blatant penalty ever being given as a corner.

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2012, 12:44:03 AM »
With the exception of only 1 Boston fan we have all agreed that it did appear to be a penalty but the FACT is: the referee didn't and awarded a corner.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2012, 01:44:47 AM »
You missed the fact about the most blatant penalty ever being given as a corner.
Is that a fact? Or a general consensus?

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2012, 10:40:32 AM »
I couldn't get to the game on saturday, I was going to go with my boy but my boy dislocated his knee about an hour before kick off so I missed the game, ambulance was required and xrays etc, etc!!!! I can't comment on whether it was a penalty for obvious reasons but what I can say is we have had many valid penalty decisions turned down this season and at times it is so frustrating but the refs will never change their minds or ever be that good (and thats at any level ie Howard Webb and Stuart Attwell in the prem) and that is a FACT.

Another fact is you will make yourself ill if you can't let it go!! We have had many refs down here over the years that have been piss poor, two that spring to mind are Karl Boyeson when we played Cambridge United and lost 3-1 in Division 3 (now called League 2) his performance from start to finish is the worst reffing i've ever witnessed and the other for just one incident in a game which was truely shocking but I can't remember his name but he is known now as drop ball and it was v Southport in BSBN four years ago in a 1-1 or possibly a 2-1 defeat im not sure on the score now. Them tow refs stick in the memory but you have to let it go!