Author Topic: Dibble gone  (Read 6759 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dibble gone
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »
As you may know I am a member of the goalkeepers union and defended Dibble at the start,BUT,we were leaking soft goals from crosses and teams picked up on this making and made sure he was given a rough time when crosses came in,he needed to bulk up and power his way through the crowd but seems with todays players it is easier to walk away than train harder.. Don't like moaning at players but when the same mistakes cost you every game something has too change.. Good luck elsewhere Christian :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »
We also conceded a soft goal from a cross on Saturday.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:31:08 PM »
I agree Neil.

It seemed to me that he was a good shot stopper but didn't command with crosses leading to lack of confidence for him and those around him. This was seized upon by other teams and lead to goals conceded.

Good luck and hope he works on that area to make his way in the game. I'm sure he could learn from his dad with this issue

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »

That was the defenders fault,keeper gave a loud shout of KEEPERS,came to punch it and would have made it had the defender not jumped into him enabling the ball to hit the FCUM player on the head and leave a tap in. If keeper shouts,you get out the way,simples.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »

That was the defenders fault,keeper gave a loud shout of KEEPERS,came to punch it and would have made it had the defender not jumped into him enabling the ball to hit the FCUM player on the head and leave a tap in. If keeper shouts,you get out the way,simples.

I'm with P86 there, he was ok at best, but it seems to me a return to a Ravas type situation.  Impressive prospect yes.  But dealing with the harsh first team realities of Conf North?  A risk Dennis seems happy to take again.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »
Considering he only joined late last week I will wait before passing comment :D

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 02:17:24 PM »
Wasn't it the young lad from Peterborough in goal on Saturday?   I'm sure I saw Dibs walking around in a yellow top!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 02:20:52 PM »
Wasn't it the young lad from Peterborough in goal on Saturday?   I'm sure I saw Dibs walking around in a yellow top!

It was and you did,shoulder injury too Dibs apparently..

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 02:43:22 PM »
This move is not surprising,far to many mistakes and we are shipping goals at an alarming rate and seem to need to score 2 to win any given game. Lets give praise where praise is due to the manager for dealing with this issue.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »

I'm with P86 there, he was ok at best, but it seems to me a return to a Ravas type situation.  Impressive prospect yes.  But dealing with the harsh first team realities of Conf North?  A risk Dennis seems happy to take again.

I think we have to reserve judgement till he,s had more games .    What concerned me was Dibble repeated the same mistakes ,  at 22 and a dad as a FL goalkeeping coach if he has,nt over come repeating this mistakes now will he ever ?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »
I've not judged him (short of saying he did ok), I've just pointed out we are now in the same situation as early last season with a very good 'prospect' between the sticks who is a risk in Conf North first team football.

That to me is not dealing with the situation, its just another spin of the revolving door. Might come off, might not.

Setting off shortly so we will all have another 90mins to ponder!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 03:39:34 PM »
Would sooner have the revolving door than sign players on contracts who then turn out to be flops at this level leaving you with the wage bill and nothing too offer anyone else..

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »
Rebuild from the back then ..
 Dont expect Dibble would have liked to be sat on sidelines so soon after signing.
   But new custodian is loanee and unproven as yet .

AdyG

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 06:11:26 PM »
Has signed for Nuneaton

Think he was on a 1 year deal with us, hope we didnt have to pay him off? On saturdays evidence the whole defence wasnt up to it, including the new in-experienced gk that missed the cross.