Author Topic: Take your Pick  (Read 13832 times)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Take your Pick
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 11:53:28 AM »
the programme to become selection of badly printed cut n paste Wiki articles

......you've just reminded me that I need to cut and paste some Wiki articles for the BUSA piece this week  :)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 11:59:07 AM »
The entire off field situation between DG and a section of the support is a big problem which has been growing over time with nobody either getting a grip of it (collectively as supporters, unlikely, or Chairman to Manager, likely) and its threatening now to really disrupt on the field performances.

In short supporters of all clubs have a pop, some constructively some less so, what we have is a manager who gives it back - in my view pointlessly and only ever self defeating. 

Supporters, despite the odd shout of 'I'm never going again' or 'I'm not renewing' will always be here, managers come and go.  So DG is on a slippy slope.  Does that make the abuse he gets right, no, does that mean he should sling it back, no.

To be constructive I'd say supporters collectively need to ignore him, put efforts into supporting the players and don't goad him.  DG needs to stop posting on Social Media completely or at least make accounts private (and use it as such) or open new accounts and restrict the use - harsh but he has to accept the reality of the public role he has and the responsibilities it comes with.

David Newton also has a big role to play here.  He dished our a two year deal, so let's face it folks he is happy with his performance so won't be getting sacked anytime soon regardless of if you think he should.  What he could do though is speak to him, get a grip of the communication problems which are stoking the fire and also do as he has always done, conduct business in a quiet and dignified manner - I'm not expecting public statements or grand gestures - I trust him to improve the situation even if ultimately it cannot be fixed.

Oh and yes, sack Craig and quite honestly I WOULD rip up my season ticket, we are very lucky to have him and he needs more help not a longer 'to do' list!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 12:14:23 PM »
The entire off field situation between DG and a section of the support is a big problem which has been growing over time with nobody either getting a grip of it (collectively as supporters, unlikely, or Chairman to Manager, likely) and its threatening now to really disrupt on the field performances.

In short supporters of all clubs have a pop, some constructively some less so, what we have is a manager who gives it back - in my view pointlessly and only ever self defeating. 

Supporters, despite the odd shout of 'I'm never going again' or 'I'm not renewing' will always be here, managers come and go.  So DG is on a slippy slope.  Does that make the abuse he gets right, no, does that mean he should sling it back, no.

To be constructive I'd say supporters collectively need to ignore him, put efforts into supporting the players and don't goad him.  DG needs to stop posting on Social Media completely or at least make accounts private (and use it as such) or open new accounts and restrict the use - harsh but he has to accept the reality of the public role he has and the responsibilities it comes with.

David Newton also has a big role to play here.  He dished our a two year deal, so let's face it folks he is happy with his performance so won't be getting sacked anytime soon regardless of if you think he should.  What he could do though is speak to him, get a grip of the communication problems which are stoking the fire and also do as he has always done, conduct business in a quiet and dignified manner - I'm not expecting public statements or grand gestures - I trust him to improve the situation even if ultimately it cannot be fixed.

Oh and yes, sack Craig and quite honestly I WOULD rip up my season ticket, we are very lucky to have him and he needs more help not a longer 'to do' list!
fully agree MNH

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 02:19:07 PM »
Excellent post MNH, with you 100%

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 03:16:47 PM »
Spot on Nutts!

Also, let's have some context: regardless of whether you agree with them or not, the ‘Knobhead Army’ are a small fraction of the crowd. Just because they’ve taken a dislike to Greene and want shot of him doesn’t mean DG has lost the fan-base as a whole. Most supporters, of course, are not on Twitter and don’t frequent Patter, and so a good number are either completely ignorant of this stuff, or simply don’t care about it.

That being said, as Adam suggests, it won’t take much for this to boil over and turn ugly, particularly if results continue to be poor. So I’m surprised efforts haven’t already been made behind the scenes to try and contain it, or smooth things over at least.

I suppose the board have bigger priorities at present, what with trying to build us a new home and everything.

It’s a shame because we’ve been a remarkably stable club for the last few seasons and I'd rather be boring and decent than be a soap opera and crap!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 07:09:53 PM »

fully agree MNH

I am amazed how this has gathered such momentum Adam. I wish it to be known that my altercation with the manager was caused by me trying to smooth things over regarding the Liam Marrs issue and him getting himself in a tizzy and getting hold of the wrong end of the stick and confronting me in the stand. I have never shouted abuse at him or the players and I honestly feel the whole issue of fans doing so is not only unacceptable but also overstated, I have only ever heard the odd comment being shouted at the manager at the end of a game. As for comments on social media other than this site by the manager or supporters I have no knowledge of as I am only a member of Patter. Of the 1000 or so supporters only a handful are involved by the sound of it and the rest do not do social media or are not interested in these matters and that is what the manager should understand and stay well clear of these sites. I have my own views on the management and squad of players and am happy to discuss those with anyone but not on here or any other site. I want what is best for Boston United Football Club as should we all so lets all concentrate on that.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 09:30:58 AM »
I know what you mean, to some it seems like the end of the world and then others you speak to know nothing of it!  The momentum is the worry as it could get nasty and who will that help?

You have got caught in the cross fire so to speak, a consequence of the way DG is reacting to things.  Likewise I was included in a Twitter conversation with others voicing their issues and we all got blocked by him, as with you, I didn't say a word! 

Hey ho  ::)