Author Topic: ANTHONY CHURCH  (Read 7688 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
ANTHONY CHURCH
« on: May 09, 2011, 12:52:10 PM »
Craig what are you doing .Yesterday was tough but now Churchys interview aswell as shauns i cant take no more.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: ANTHONY CHURCH
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
Not that we needed a reminder of the difference between this squad and that shower that represented our club a couple of years ago,but those videos show just what the club has meant to these players.I don't mind admitting i had a lump in my throat after watching those two interviews.Thankfully i got the chance to shake hands with both of them after the game.Churchy,Shaun,wherever your careers take you in the future i wish you all the luck in the world-you deserve it.

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
Churchy had an amazing game yesterday and Shaun is always top-drawer.

We're not full-time and we just have to accept that these two great players will be playing at a higher level.

They deserve it.

The plus side is we should get a fee for Shaun, but I'm not sure what the situation is with Anthony.

Best of luck to them both wherever the end up.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »
Churchy had an amazing game yesterday and Shaun is always top-drawer.

We're not full-time and we just have to accept that these two great players will be playing at a higher level.

They deserve it.

The plus side is we should get a fee for Shaun, but I'm not sure what the situation is with Anthony.

Best of luck to them both wherever the end up.

As I understand it, if the player is under 24 you can demand a fee so long as you have offered terms as good as they were on the year before.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »
Agree with all the comments regarding Anthony Church and Shaun Pearson. I would like to think they could do a lot better than Grimsby if they are moving on though.
Thank you both ( and the rest of the team) for your great efforts for Boston Utd. and good luck for both of your futures.
Lets hope we have a sell on clause for our future.

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 02:06:53 PM »
Agree Tony with both the lad's worth and told Shaun the same yesterday 'Not to sell himself short' he deserves and is good enough to be higher than non-league!!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »
Brilliant players i wouldnt wanna follow them into the team. Curchy saying about the old players going through the motions thats kind i didnt even no they did that

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »
We may not be going fulltime,but why can we not sign both Churchy and Pearson as coaches for the youth setup and let them do their badges and be paid to play and coach like Ollie Ryan use to.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »
We may not be going fulltime,but why can we not sign both Churchy and Pearson as coaches for the youth setup and let them do their badges and be paid to play and coach like Ollie Ryan use to.

BRILLIANT idea that - oh how i'd love to see that happen, they all have my respect but those 2 are my favourite players

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 09:57:07 PM »
Perhaps DN could employ Pearson on the books of Chestnut Homes, try anything to encourage him to stay. The passion he displayed was fantastic. Do the same for Churchy as well. The passion he displayed was bloody fantastic. 7000 at Lincoln on Saturday, should have come to Boston on Sunday to see what a real united front looks like. Going to be very sad to witness players leave but some definitely have earned the right to play at a higher level and good luck to them.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 05:43:40 AM »
Proud to have sponsored Churchy this season. He met my son at the beginning of the season and was great with him.

Unfortunately funds don't allow a 'Gazza' sponsorship to keep him here next season.

Thanks for all your endeavours, and good luck.

soccerdubai.com

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
He met my son at the beginning of the season and was great with him.

He is worshipped in our house by a 6 yr old too.  Have had to deal with tears over the fact that he will be leaving.

Top draw player and I don't remember many that have done so much in so little time for the club.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 08:32:39 AM »
He met my son at the beginning of the season and was great with him.

He is worshipped in our house by a 6 yr old too.  Have had to deal with tears over the fact that he will be leaving.

Top draw player and I don't remember many that have done so much in so little time for the club.

There were very nearly tears from a 31 year old in our house!

Last season at the Burscough away game they had that spell scoring three in no time and the one voice that continued to encourage and motivate was Churchy.  Everyone else, fans included, were low but its times like that big players and big personalities step up.  Loved him as a player from that moment on, perfect example for 6 and 31 year olds alike.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
In one of his A-Z interviews in the programme (cant remember what game) he was asked what was the best piece of football advice he was ever given ?. His answer somewhat strangely was -" never give up"  sums his attitude up really. It would be a waste of talent if he had to work and play semi-pro. I for one have been a big fan and probably because he was the complete opposite from the sh** they played the previous season before he joined. You can understand why managers when they move come back for players like him. What an attitude, humble and respectful too top lad.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
Gutted to see him leave to be honest, been fantastic all season.
Good luck Churchy and thanks for all your hard work, goals, tackles, endless running, and making my Saturdays at York Street enjoyable. I'm not sure what you're hoping to do with your life but if you do find a team darn sarf, they'll get a fantastic player.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?