Author Topic: Well done to all!  (Read 7380 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well done to all!
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:00:18 PM »
Great result and should keep that horrible thing Drury quite!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well done to all!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »
A great result and well done to Ben Fairclough for netting the winner   8)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »
First away game in a long time. Went up a gear in 2nd and thoroughly deserved the result. Can we thank the fitness coach???? Kept going past the 90 mins :).

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »
Yes well done to all, built on the solid performance last week, if we can keep everyone fit we should have a decent chance of climbing the table

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »
Nothing to do with fitness coach! The managers want congratulating on picking a winning formula.Although its taken 6 months.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 08:23:15 PM »
This was the football we had been dreaming about, it started last week and it was great to see that effort was appreciated, with the managers picking the same starting line up. We were up against probably the biggest ( in size ) team in this league, and it was obvious that the only way they would score was from a set piece which of course is what happened. But it also needs to be said that we played them off the park in that first half, and had it not been for a couple of worldies from their keeper would have had a good lead.
Second half saw us dominating again, and yet again great saves from the keeper who was clearly their MOTM. I know you don't really want to know this, but I was on my way to the lavvy when we got a free kick just outside the box, so I returned and with steam coming out of my lugs saw Rossy net from a fantastic strike.( never enjoyed pee like it in all season).
Sorry about getting carried away, but after all we have gone through this season, I have to say that at last the managers have realised we have got talent in the squad to go up against any team in this league, just a pity it has taken them so long  for the penny to drop.
The three lads up front were nothing short of sensational, and if any player on that field deserved to score the winner it was Ben Fairclough, got kicked to bits but bounced up and terrified them every time. Yes we still need to sort it out at the back but on this day let's just enjoy the positives.   

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »
Well done lads. No coincidence fpr methat we put in our best back to back performances of the season without Fairclough, Austin and Hall whom have been our biggest downfall for the last six months.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »
Shame its taken the managers all of 6 months to realize that the likes of Jordan Fairclough and Chris 'fcuk all' Hall weren't up to the job though.........better late than never I suppose. And Wardy coming back for the honest but sadly over the hill Kevin Austin has made a massive difference.

How much better does the team look with an injection of young hungry players? Suddenly its just like last season again where we've got lads who want to play for us and who want to do their best, not tossers chasing shadows or looking dis interested.

A belated 'well done' to the management, why though has it had to take so long for the penny to drop?  

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
Pretty good assessment of the game from OXO. Really not sure how we went in 1 down at half time after playing Corby off the park at times. As said it was always going to be set pieces where we struggled against a big and powerful side like Corby. Second half thought Corby tried to play more football and looked better (though they couldn't have got any worse). We continued to carry the greater threat and thoroughly deserved the winner.

Their keeper defo MOTM with a superb display and as said the front 3's movement was superb. Newsh's runs are a lot more effective with mobile players up front with him  :)

Ben Fairclough after a very shaky start is starting to look like a very good player. I hold my hands up as 1 who said I didn't think he had anything other than pace. Last 3 games he has been 1 of best players in a much improved team, well played Ben. Also must say Leon was probably written off far too early, scored a good goal at Dartford, had a legitimate goal chalked off last week and came on again today and pulled a couple of defenders out of position then laid it off to Marshall to make the goal.

Lets hope we don't underestimate Hinckley next week like we did Blyth and Stortford...

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »
Maybe it wasn't that the managers didn't see the same as everyone else more were struggling to do get the right personnel in? As an example JL said in an interview recently that he tried hard to get Ross in the summer but he choose Harrogate instead. In my opinion they faced a very tough job in the summer loosing six players who would walk into any team in this league in Pearson, Murphy, Church, Dudfield, Yates and SWD. Getting replacements for those mentioned who were (reportedly) on far less than 'the going rate' was always going to be hard. Thankfully now over the season the team has been rebuilt and we have Milnes, Ward, SWD (again) and Ross along with Marshall, Constantine and B Farclough who are starting to show their abilities.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »
Maybe you're right Lee, but then again that just exposes the lack of homework they did on the signings......

Its a massive improvement on what we saw in December and Early January, we need to harvest some points now and in February though because as DTW has said we've a nasty looking run in.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »
Good points CN. Also think the style of play now suits the midfiled 3 of Milnes, Ross and Sleath much more (trying to play football not by-pass them). When playing it long you need grafters in midfield to out-battle and pick up the pieces which these 3 are not. Not getting carried away but certainly don't think we'll have any relegation worries now and can possibly build some momentum for a push next season  ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »
Why has it taken so long for the penny to drop ?     Maybe football management is like any other business , you learn by mistakes and improve with experience .
Like S & H when these guys took over they made no rash promises , always a good sign that they are confident they can deliver .
Always beware of managers who come in and promise success .  You and I can list a few of those Andy who have departed leaving us in the mire .
Going to enjoy my clubbing tonight !!!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 10:57:14 PM »
Steady on! We've just won one game not the title!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »
Steady on! We've just won one game not the title!
Tell that to Liverpool fans...