Author Topic: Transfer Activity at Ilkeston FC  (Read 13374 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Activity at Ilkeston FC
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 04:47:07 PM »
Sounds like you can only have ambition if you get promoted...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
Going bust by spending more money than you have  got is considered ambitious by some .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »
Going bust by spending more money than you have  got is considered ambitious by some .

As stated in the Collins English Dictionary.

Definition of the word : Ambitious = Having a strong desire for success, requiring great effort or ability.
                                : Ambition =   Desire for success, something so desired, goal.

Don't see that phrase : spending lots of money,  that you keep quoting green hats mate, that is just a phrase you throw back at anyone who questions the ambitions of BUFC at the present time, You don't need a sugar daddy to throw money at the club, you need a manager who knows the non league and its players, and can organise the said players in his squad to perform on the pitch, J Lee's record shows last season he is not the man for the job, both for his lack of ability to bring decent players in, also for his poor ability to organise his players on the pitch, GHM if you were to take those rose coloured glasses off, you would see that is why some fans are questioning the ambitious intentions of BUFC at the present time, the fans who are asking these awkward questions also want the club to have success on and off the field, they are not advocating disaster for the club through over spending the budget, the right manager who knows his job is what is needed, I'm sure Chestnut Homes would not employ a novice to build a housing estate, so why employ a novice to build a football team?, and GHM don't quote red nose at Man U back to me, he at least knows a player when he sees one.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »
Ceamboy! The best post this year!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
Whilst not agreeing entirely with ceamboy at least he has backed up his argument with something substantial. I don't agree that it shows a lack of ambition on the clubs part based on a few fans perception that JL is not up to the job. All this proves is DN is seeing something that these fans aren't.

For me the jury is out, I'm not entirely convinced JL is the right man but am willing to give him time to improve. Continuity is key to success IMO so as long as JL learns from the mistakes made last season I see no reason why this season cannot be a success. Whether that happens remains to be seen. The remaining signings and a good start are key factors. If new players fail to impress and/or we make a bad start then Jason won't last the season out so he is under considerable pressure to get things right in the next few months.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:58 PM »
As WP says a good post creamy .  On the ambition issue issue you appear to misunderstand my comments , very few on the Patter question the clubs ambition and my comments were directed to the very who suggest by not throwing more money on the playing budget is lack of ambition .

I like WP go along with the majority of fans who believe Lee has to have the chance to prove lessons have been learned , and like most think November-ish is the time to decide his position .  I can,t recall awkward be asked,  I can recall unrealistic suggestions.

I offer a couple of positives Ken ,  on a few ocassions you asked me to remove my rose tinted glasses for my comments on S&H .    They did,nt do too bad in the end .

As WP says DN is seeing something in JL that others aren,t ,