Author Topic: Transfer Activity at Ilkeston FC  (Read 13373 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Transfer Activity at Ilkeston FC
« on: June 07, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »

Article here that might be of interest to Pilgrims fans from a couple of angles ....

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/wilson-brings-in-clarke-13684/

(1) Ex-Pilgrim striker Jamie Clarke moving on from Loughborough Dynamo to Ilkeston. Scored a lot of goals last season for Loughborough and no doubt deserves a chance to play again at a higher level.

and

(2) Midfielder Matt Richards yet to agree terms at Ilkeston. They've offered him terms, but he has indicated that he wants to play at a higher level. Looking at Ilkeston's forum, their fans want him to stay with them. A quick google search shows that he lives in Nottingham and previously played for Derby County and Notts County. If he wants to play at a higher level than Ilkeston then his next move might be into Blue Square North. I wonder if any Nottingham-based managers of Blue Square North clubs might be looking at him?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Activity at Ilkeston FC
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »
He will not be on Jason's radar unless he knocks on his door and introduces himself.

If you read the Lincoln Echo Jason says patience is paramount in building the squad. Translated this means I havnt got a clue where to find players from.

Come on Jason -- 2 new players only signed so far-- one of those an ex player again, and saying you only need another couple of signings. How is this going to be any better than last year?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
Exactly right DT! But remember we are the moaners.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 06:34:19 PM »
One thing your post indicates dt is that you do not go on other clubs forum otherwise you would realise what nonsense you stated .
How many teams in BSN have made more signings than us. ?
Gainsboro completed their second signing last week !
Scotty at Grimsby has only made one facking signing !
Can,t you figure out why clubs  are not useing panic measures advocated by you ?

The ironic part is if it had announced Lee had signed this player then dt and the moaners would be condeming him  for "not going further afield than Nottingham "

Clearly whatever JL does the moaning will continue .

Any football agent would be rubbing his hands in glee if football chairmen took the advice of these moaners ,  which would create a competitive market and increase players wages .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 07:26:18 PM »
He will not be on Jason's radar unless he knocks on his door and introduces himself.

If you read the Lincoln Echo Jason says patience is paramount in building the squad. Translated this means I havnt got a clue where to find players from.

Come on Jason -- 2 new players only signed so far-- one of those an ex player again, and saying you only need another couple of signings. How is this going to be any better than last year?
It's the start of June - training doesn't even start until July! I would imagine he wants to see players in action himself before committing, either in training or as a trialist. Both signings made so far played against us this season just gone.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 07:30:45 PM »
The echo article was full of inaccuracies. It stated Reed has already signed, when afaik he hasn't. It also stated that if Sleath signs we'll have an 18 man squad including Lee and Reed.

So far 11 have re-signed, if we assume that the afore mentioned Reed and Sleath sign and also that Drury signs, that will be the 14 offered from last seasons squad. Add Lee, Haystead and Jones it still only makes 17  ???

So I'm guessing that 2 more was if we had an 18 man squad, so with 17 then we'll be signing 3 more  ???

Anyway why will we do any better than last season?

The new additions might be the missing pieces of the puzzle
Ross, Marshall and SWD will have a full season not half a season or less to make an impact
Ward and Stainfield will have built an understanding at the centre of defence
JL has the players to fit the system he wants to play (4-3-3)
The squad that we start with doesn't neccessarily have to be the one we finish with (S&H in their 2 seasons where constantly changing their squad, mostly for the better but not always)
Young players maturing

That isn't an exhaustive list, it's much easier to be negative and critical than try to be positive. End of the day (cliche I know) DN has picked JL and he in turn has picked the players, all we can do is get behind them.

Also GHM is right, look at this thread:

http://www.nonleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=27574

Worcester - 9 retained 0 new signings
Corby 0/1 retained 0 new signings
Trinity 13 retained 2 new signings
Alty 10 retained 7 new signings (although the poster has jumped the gun on 3 of those afaik and there is doubt they have all signed)
Staly 1 retained 0 new signings
Gloucester 7 retained 0 new signings
Colwyn 6 retained 1 new signing
Guiseley 9 retained 2 new signings

Alty apart nobody has signed any more than us, I guess all their managers are clueless and have no contacts as well  ::)

Edit: Just had a quick look at Halifax and Chester

Halifax have 0 new signings
Chester have 4 new signings, 3 from the Conf Nat. With an average crowd double Halifax's and over 2 and a half ours though they have the cash (as they have wiped out their debt). Will be the team to beat by the looks of things.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:53:12 PM by woad_pilgrim »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
Thank you WP for providing the FACTS that clearly shows how a few posters rush on to
have a moan when clearly they should be doing a bit of research ,

These moaners will have to change tactics now having seen the stats and start a thread
 "PANIC SIGNINGS , LEE OUT "

Just to steady dts nerves, I will give full list names  of HYDE signings two weeks before
last seasons kick-off :-

1        Callum Byrne ,

Thats it .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »
But remember we are the moaners.
[/quote
Exactly:)]

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 10:36:08 AM »
Oh dear-- here we go again. All the happy clappers lined up to dutifully put over the party line.

I dont care about what other clubs are doing, but the stats were interesting.

We are Boston Utd and should be doing a lot better than we are to attract players to want to come and play for us.

Why cant people understand we are all singing from the same hymn sheet and want the club to be successful. Its a shame some of you think I am talking nonsense, but I can assure you I am not advocating panic measures. Over the last 18 months there has not been one inspiring signing, and frankly unless we do sign several new players we are very unlikely to improve in the new season.

This is not slagging off the players that have signed, I will be there supporting the team, but we need to do so much more to be in the top 5 sides.

Happy clappers wake up to reality.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »
Oh dear-- here we go again. All the happy clappers lined up to dutifully put over the party line.

I dont care about what other clubs are doing, but the stats were interesting.

We are Boston Utd and should be doing a lot better than we are to attract players to want to come and play for us.

Why cant people understand we are all singing from the same hymn sheet and want the club to be successful. Its a shame some of you think I am talking nonsense, but I can assure you I am not advocating panic measures. Over the last 18 months there has not been one inspiring signing, and frankly unless we do sign several new players we are very unlikely to improve in the new season.

This is not slagging off the players that have signed, I will be there supporting the team, but we need to do so much more to be in the top 5 sides.

Happy clappers wake up to reality.

What is an inspiring signing to you ?

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »
DT, Please ignore SP.    I met him briefly at Braintree once.  He seems to take an instant dislike to anyone who is not an happy clapper. He's not a player I regret :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
Looks like Jason Lee is doing the same as last season DT! Not panicking and waiting for the leftovers to sign.
Hi Scouse Pilgrim hope you are keeping well!

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »
DT, Please ignore SP.    I met him briefly at Braintree once.  He seems to take an instant dislike to anyone who is not an happy clapper. He's not a player I regret :bunny

Unlike yourself I'm able to ask an honest question in the hope of an honest answer.  I'd be intrequed to know what the answer to my question would be as it'd enlighten all of us in where the so called moaners are coming from.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 04:36:34 PM »
Usually at this level if you know who the player is, then you're doing it wrong, because it'll either be a washed up ex-FL player, or someone out of your price range.

You've got to sign players from lower leagues who want to move up the pyramid (ie. Jones). They're the type of players that get you promoted, not 'marquee' signings from clubs higher up.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »
Usually at this level if you know who the player is, then you're doing it wrong, because it'll either be a washed up ex-FL player, or someone out of your price range.

You've got to sign players from lower leagues who want to move up the pyramid (ie. Jones). They're the type of players that get you promoted, not 'marquee' signings from clubs higher up.

Here here BG.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?