Author Topic: Players for next season  (Read 11539 times)

Dave H

• View Profile
Re: Players for next season
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
That we've been reduced to taking Grimity's cast offs..........says it all about the ambition here.

At least when we took on Lincoln's cast off's they were usually a couple of divisions higher at the time.

Leon Mettam satisfies your criteria then as he used to play for Lincoln. Scored a hat trick away at Altrincham recently so he did a bit better than we went to Moss Lane. I think he'd be a resonable signing. Don't know much about the keeper Jason White.

Published on Thursday 16 August 2007 17:55

Close season striker recruited on his release from Lincoln City, where he made five Football League appearances and scored one goal.

Spent six years with the Imps at their academy and as a professional.

Fishtoftpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »
Ashton is too good and should be at a championship team soon! Butcher and Wright should be at UCL level! That leaves only Haystacks to return hopefully.
I've heard young Ashton is meant to be good, if he's too good then surely a loan move might do him some good here? But i think he's way to young. And I think Danny Haystead would be the best man for the job, as the other two as you said aren't good enough, and Ashton in my opinion is too young, and yours too good. So bring back Danny Haystead, I think if we get a good goal keeper, I think the rest will fall in to place.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 04:27:46 PM »
Great post Fishtoftpilgrim ,  agreed with KON and managed to appear optimistic at the same time , not easily done !
Sure MLF will be impressed too.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
Top man FishtoftPilgrim! Ashton could be on his way Leeds Utd or Rotherham I've been told today. Atleast there maybe a spare seat in Anth Eldings car next season for lift to watch some decent football.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 07:52:41 PM »
Good to see the signings on the o/o as I understand it all the players being retained signed on Saturday, think the signings are being revealed a few at a time to keep us interested.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 09:35:32 PM »
That we've been reduced to taking Grimity's cast offs..........says it all about the ambition here.

At least when we took on Lincoln's cast off's they were usually a couple of divisions higher at the time.

Gainsborough did a lot better than us, and Mettam scored a few goals (12 in 22 games). Why does everybody have to come from above us in the pyramid to be a good signing? We don't have the money to entice players down to Conference North.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 07:03:04 AM »

Gainsborough did a lot better than us, and Mettam scored a few goals (12 in 22 games). Why does everybody have to come from above us in the pyramid to be a good signing? We don't have the money to entice players down to Conference North.

Does someone at the club write your scripts Scott or are you really so 'on message' you can see no problem with a recruitment policy that seems to rely on gossip on here, ex players, cast offs from Gainsborough and mates from the Nottingham clubs academies? Gainsborough did no better than us because they'll still be in this shit pit of a league next season, albeit with possibly a few more supporters and a higher profile.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 10:45:58 AM »
Where they come from is irrelevant, its whether they are good enough that matters.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »

Does someone at the club write your scripts Scott or are you really so 'on message' you can see no problem with a recruitment policy that seems to rely on gossip on here, ex players, cast offs from Gainsborough and mates from the Nottingham clubs academies? Gainsborough did no better than us because they'll still be in this shit pit of a league next season, albeit with possibly a few more supporters and a higher profile.

Semple? Was he not a cast off, he did alright?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 01:05:35 PM »
Hall? He did a fine job for us last season!

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »
thats just confirmed what we all expected. Was very unlucky  to get released last year. Welcome back dan. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 03:35:59 PM »
Hope he has no Nottingham or Gainsboro strains contained in his DNA.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 05:16:59 PM »

Why not take things at face value, see who is signed, and judge them on how they play for BUFC?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »
One of my great memories of years standing on the Spayne RD terrace was  the deput of David Norris .  within minutes of the kick-off one of the  renowned moaners of that time declared  "he,ll never be a Steve Charles what do you expect from boys from Stamford "

Not much changes still getting rash judgement on players .