Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 11246 times)

The President

• View Profile
Today's game
« on: March 12, 2011, 05:38:38 PM »
Can I be the first to say a big well done to all in the Townend today thought you were fantastic ;D To say that the game was not particularly inspiring you got behind the team all the way and think you did give the lads that extra push they needed to overcome the timewasting tossers that call themselves Gloucester City!!!

P.S. Cracking header from Shaun and not before time ;)

tigerroar

• View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:49:34 PM »
You clearly didn't come to the 0-1 at our place whilst your lot did all they could to defend a single goal lead.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
You clearly didn't come to the 1-0 today at our place whilst your 'slender' keeper did all he could to keep it 0-0.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
Exactly the same from Gloucester as we saw from them the last time they came.Push,pull,and time waste.Not our best by any stretch of the imagination,but a win's a win.Just pleased i don't have to watch Gloucester every week.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 06:04:22 PM »
watching gloucester time waste every week would bloody depress anyone. feel sorry for their fans. not our best performance but my god was that goal sweet against the time wasters of gloucester

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 06:04:59 PM »
...hi......The sad fact about todays game is that GC showed that they could actually play football in the final 10 minutes of the game (after they had gone a goal behind)...no wonder they only brought (I counted) 7 fans with them-who would want to pay out to follow a team who clearly have very limited aims and ambitions.....the ethics that their present team and management have is an embarrasment to the good name of GC....

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »
Did any notice we had more mascots than they brought fans?!

We went from TOTAL FOOTBALL last Saturday to ANTI-FOOTBALL today.

I think I rather watch droylsden than Gloucester
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 06:13:35 PM by truffleshuffle »

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »
...hi......The sad fact about todays game is that GC showed that they could actually play football in the final 10 minutes of the game (after they had gone a goal behind)...no wonder they only brought (I counted) 7 fans with them-who would want to pay out to follow a team who clearly have very limited aims and ambitions.....the ethics that their present team and management have is an embarrasment to the good name of GC....

We have one aim, thats to stay in this league. We're homeless and don't have the money to bring in the kind of players who could come to your place and pass you  off the park. Maybe when we get back to Gloucester and everything improves off the field we'll be able to give you more of a game in the meantime keep your thoughts to yourself, we're proud of our team,  not embarrassed by it.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »

We have one aim, thats to stay in this league. We're homeless and don't have the money to bring in the kind of players who could come to your place and pass you  off the park. Maybe when we get back to Gloucester and everything improves off the field we'll be able to give you more of a game in the meantime
 keep your thoughts to yourself, we're proud of our team,  not embarrassed by it.

So proud you didn't make the trip?!

tigerroar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »
Didn't finish work until 12.30.

I've never been to Boston, which is a shame.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »

We have one aim, thats to stay in this league. We're homeless and don't have the money to bring in the kind of players who could come to your place and pass you  off the park. Maybe when we get back to Gloucester and everything improves off the field we'll be able to give you more of a game in the meantime keep your thoughts to yourself, we're proud of our team,  not embarrassed by it.

That is fair enough mate, but the tactics and game plan are so poor when clearly your team showed in the last 10 mins that they can play too.

I thought that your keeper was a chuffing disgrace though. Not only has he clearly no intention of becoming an athlete, he is the biggest time-wasting twat I have ever seen on a football pitch - a stronger ref would have sent him off in the first half. For that reason alone I am so pleased that we won.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 06:37:24 PM »
I like the way tigerroar tells us to keep our thoughts to ourselfs , what use would
a forum be if we all did that ???????

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »
I like the way tigerroar tells us to keep our thoughts to ourselfs , what use would
a forum be if we all did that ???????

And on our own forum!!!!!!!!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 07:01:46 PM »
Agree last 2 post. We are keeping our thoughts to ourselfs, but we are all as one at boston

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 07:11:14 PM »
Boston played well today. The match wasn't as pretty as Droylsen because Droylsden came to play a completly different game to Glouchster. We showed that we can change our style to beat the opposition which is what good teams do. Pearson was superb especially after we scored and they put pressure on our goal. As the second half went on it started to feel like it wasn't going to be our day as we weren't getting much look with the bouce of the ball/help from the bloke in black who was clueless today so well done to the lads for the persistance which eventually paid off. Whilst Glouchster were not pretty to watch they came with a gameplan to frustrate us and put men behind the ball which almost paid off for them, lets not start talking like Arsene Wenger. Getting a result today makes the Alfreton game very interesting.