Author Topic: Changed Team vs Worcester?  (Read 13750 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Changed Team vs Worcester?
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:27:32 PM »

With it being a cup game tomorrow, does anyone else think we may change the side around? Will Peterborough want one of their squad goalkeepers cup-tied? Butcher to get a chance? Will some of the other fringe players get a starting berth?

I seem to remember we made changes at this time last year for the FA Cup tie at Lowestpoint Town. I don't remember Simon Ashton starting too many matches last season, but I'm sure he played from the start in that match. Things didn't exactly go to plan that day. But will the League campaign looking like it will be the priority for the season I just wonder if we'll see a few team changes again tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

woad_pilgrim

Re: Changed Team vs Worcester?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:58:07 PM »
Don't think Simon Ashton will be playing as I heard a rumour earlier in the week he's been loaned out to Spalding. Haven't seen any confirmation from the club though. Agree with the general theme though there will be changes I'd have thought.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:11:24 PM »
One of the managers said in one of the interviews recently they would like a cup run as it would boost the pockets of the club, i think we might see newsh and cully start but thats about it

Bostons Arab Buyer

• View Profile

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 10:17:56 PM »
Cheers BAB - don't normally miss things on the O/S but missed that!!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 11:07:57 AM »
Seven subs today as is the rule for the FL and FA Cup way too excessive in my opinion.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »
Keep it strong. We can certainly get to the 1st round this year.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
2-0 down at half time.

Be a massive kick in the teeth for the finances, c'mon Boston!

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
embrasing to lose to them, we were shocking, ref was shocking, crowd seemed abit sparce to

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 05:28:07 PM »
for me davies cully and butch looked abit rusty

i know you need a good bench in the league games but maybe giving them the odd game in reserves would help keep their sharpness ?

gutted how we lost after pulling it back to 2-2 but i guess after being 2-0 down it was going to be a uphill battle

anyway onwards and upwards the league will be our priority from now on

i remember last season going out at the same stage and someone saying ' our season is over '

didn't do to bad come end of the season did we ?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 05:35:48 PM »
Every week the manager says he can't change a winning team !I'm afraid to say Butcher,Cullingworth and Davis were not good enough replacements.But a win next week we help forget today!

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »
Well that was different.Absolutely abject first half,to many changes to a winning team.Second half much better and missed enough chances to have won the game before their second wonder strike of the game.I'm afraid to say that "rusty" or not one or two of our back-up players are not good enough.I'm just sorry for the Chairman.We are all well aware we are not going that far in an F.A.Cup competition,but financially we could have done with winning a couple of rounds.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 05:56:29 PM »
A combination of bad luck, very poor officials and unfit players lost the game for us today. Cully wasn't able to play the wingers role going forward, Davies was slow and wasn't able to keep up with play creating space in front of our back four, Butcher didn't stand a chance with their first or third but should have done better with the second apart from their goals he wasn't tested much. A few free Saturdays coming up now.  

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »
Far too many changes to the squad today, what on earth was the managers thinking ? They said they wanted to progress in the FA Cup yet they field a weaker squad for todays match, bit of a contradiction I'd say. 1st half was extremely poor but the 2nd half subs did the trick and got us two goals back. I really thought that we'd done enough to earn a replay. The bottom line is if they'd of fielded the usual starters, with the exception of James due to Posh wanting him, we'd of probably won the game as Worcester were a team which looked beatable. That's now cost the club financially and I'm sure David won't be too happy about this.
Best of luck to Danny Davidson, hope the injury isn't too serious.
Time for that cliche, now we can concerntrate on the league  :bunny

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »
A combination of bad luck, very poor officials and unfit players lost the game for us today. Cully wasn't able to play the wingers role going forward, Davies was slow and wasn't able to keep up with play creating space in front of our back four, Butcher didn't stand a chance with their first or third but should have done better with the second apart from their goals he wasn't tested much. A few free Saturdays coming up now.  

I aint so sure about that third, there player miss kicked it but as soon as it left his foot it looked as thou it was possibly going to drop in so from my own point of veiw just behind that goal it was a bit annoying to see that butcher made no attempt to cover his line.

first half the changes made basicly made it a shocking first half, second half with a change or to we looked a lot better, Feeling a bit sorry for hunter to tell the truth,if your gonna make changes he should have been on.