Author Topic: Date of BPA vs Kendal Play-Off Fixture  (Read 4745 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Date of BPA vs Kendal Play-Off Fixture
« on: April 25, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »

From the fixture's page of the Unibond League website:

Mon 26th April
Premier Division Play Offs
Bradford Park A. vs Kendal Town

Tue 27th April
Premier Division Play Offs
Boston United vs North Ferriby U.

All season long, the play-off fixtures have been advertised as Tuesday 27th April. I know Bradford play their midweek games on Monday, but surely that shouldn't give them the right to move the date of the play-off semi-final? Doesn't this give the winners of that tie an advantage, in that they have one extra day to rest up and prepare for the final?

If I'd been a Kendal fan anticipating a play-off match, I'd have booked time off work for Tuesday to attend the game. At this short notice I wouldn't have been able to switch things around and would have ended up missing the game. Come on BPA and the Unibond League, apply the rules properly and treat fans fairly!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Date of BPA vs Kendal Play-Off Fixture
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »
They have a day less to rest up for the semi-final so its swings and roundabouts.

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »
Technically they have applied the rules properly.  The play-offs are always played on the night that the home team usually plays their matches on.  It's one of the perks of finishing in a higher league spot.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
They have a day less to rest up for the semi-final so its swings and roundabouts.

Not quite? Both teams are in the same boat for the first game, but the advantage is with one only for the final?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 06:08:47 PM »
The winner of BPA v Kendal have had a day less to prepare for a semi, but a day more to prepare for a final.. hence the pro and con.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »
1-0 to BPA...

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 09:31:15 PM »
The winner of BPA v Kendal have had a day less to prepare for a semi, but a day more to prepare for a final.. hence the pro and con.

but it's not a con as it applies to both teams tonight!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
It's being compared to us and North Ferriby!

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 09:39:52 PM »
Pass me a hammer.......the "pro" is for the final, so any "con" must apply to the semi.....it is the same for both teams tonight hence there is no "con"

Academic now as BPA won

gordonchas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »
Pass me a hammer.......the "pro" is for the final, so any "con" must apply to the semi.....it is the same for both teams tonight hence there is no "con"

Academic now as BPA won

In this league's play offs the advantage is supposed to be given to the team that finishes higher in the league. Rightly, in my view.

As it turned out, it was Kendal who had the advantage of more rest tonight. On Saturday they already knew they were finishing 5th so they rested their players. Bradford, on the other hand, had to put their first team out on Saturday as they still had a slight chance of winning the league.

So bizarrely, their Monday home night game worked against them.

As for saturday, that really makes no difference. Whoever wins tomorrow has a full four days before the next game.