Author Topic: Action group to form to fight Quadrant plans  (Read 13221 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Action group to form to fight Quadrant plans
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »
Seems sensible enough to me, the plans will have a big impact on local residents so it's only fair that they have the opportunity to meet together before Chestnut's own public meeting. There are concerns there to be addressed - there always are with schemes of this nature. As long, of course, that the steering group don't just decide to oppose the scheme no matter what happens, as has happened here with the Nottingham tram.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »
I can see there points on things such traffic,health and education but Chesnuts are doing all the consulting on those matters and will alter the plans to suit I would think so I can't really see what else there is to oppose to. This town badly needs investment and we desperately need a new stadium for our football club and community programme. It's got to happen 

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »
The whole 'regeneration project' and planning application is based on the good of the community.

According to www.thequadrantboston.co.uk "the club integrate with 11,000 children a month, when the new community stadium is built at Q1 they can continue with this valuable work"!!!

Where?? There isn't a pitch or facility's in the plans (at the moment) for any of the 11 community football teams or the elite development teams (CofE).

If this is really a community project this should be addressed. Wyberton Sports & Social club as shut down I'm told, is their scope to incorporate this and wyberton sports field in to the plans? (For the good of the community?)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »
The planned 3g pitch the proposed sports hall would be used for the community programme also there is plans in the stadium for class room and educational facilities for the community programme???

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 05:16:33 PM »
The planned 3g pitch the proposed sports hall would be used for the community programme also there is plans in the stadium for class room and educational facilities for the community programme???

These will not be used by the community teams or the development teams. When I raised this point with David Newton he confirmed this and stated that the site isn't big enough. Maybe a pitch or two the other side the road and a few less houses would be a good idea?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
Was there a JCB in the side where the houses are going today?
Drove past there this morning but not 100% that this is the supermarket/house site.
To avoid panic in Wyberton I don't think they were digging footings.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
Please don't pick out little quotations to suit your argument Qwerty. The figure of 11.000 includes the clubs volunteers and staff members being out and about in the areas schools from the inadequate base of York street, in the new stadium there are lots of areas and officers from which to work and improve the work being done. As for the centre of excellence I know your lad bless him is involved and it is a worry, I would like to hear what Steve and his team of organisers are thinking and what plans they are working on for the future maybe if we knew our fears may be assuaged. 

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
The club is a  massive part of the  community and the new stadium is for the whole community to use. Classrooms for Community programmes and 3g pitch and sports hall for local sports Clubs to use.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 09:33:38 PM »

These will not be used by the community teams or the development teams. When I raised this point with David Newton he confirmed this and stated that the site isn't big enough. Maybe a pitch or two the other side the road and a few less houses would be a good idea?

So who is to use the pitch?, because I thought it was the opposite in that the 3G was for the community teams and the firsts and CoE would remain where they were due to the poor location of Boston for catchment of kids/players (half our catchment is water or fields.)  I've was unable to make the presentations so this is all 2nd hand info and from the site but the above differs from my understanding of the situation with the CoE.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 09:50:48 PM »
Why so many questions on here regarding The Quadrant there is a web site that answers the questions being raised, get on it and stop asking other people on here to get the answers, do it for yourselves.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 05:05:05 PM »
http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/news/local/action-group-to-form-to-fight-quadrant-plans-1-5744460

with respect SL....why have you  started a new thread about this.?....sure its an important topic,especially if you think you have concerns.....But thats why theres a special Quadrant website which invites queries and observations about this....people with concerns shouldnt be asking questions or raising awareness on PP.......

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Did anyone make the meeting last night?

Looks like the Wyberton Quadrant Action Group are firmly against the proposed development - they were handing out ‘STOP THE QUADRANT’ leaflets after the meeting. The fact they had these leaflets printed up before the consultation even happened is a bit strange. You’d have thought they would have gone along and listened to what was said about the plans and aired any concerns they had BEFORE they made their minds up and launched their campaign.

There’s also an e-petition and a website: www.thefutureofwyberton.co.uk

Worth taking a look at the blog page.... http://www.thefutureofwyberton.co.uk/Blog
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:23:58 AM by Pete B »

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 10:28:26 AM »
I didn't go but on twitter it said there were plenty of concerns raised but without concrete evidence, it seems the chestnuts had most bases covered on most apsects.
I think most of the concerns were regarding traffic problems, parking, schools and doctors/dentists demands.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:03 AM »
Be careful about making comments on this, I've been chastised by JP for posting the topic.  ::)