Author Topic: Trinity Chairman statement  (Read 11292 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Trinity Chairman statement
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 07:05:43 PM »
The club obviously can't afford any more contracted players? I think we have 12 contracted players.

Think?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 07:09:45 PM »
He didn't leave under Jason Lee, how can it be Jason's fault?  He kept his players happy and secure enough not to want to leave. Cutting Jason's players with in days of starting wont have helped.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »

This Mark Jones transfer to GTFC goes to prove what an incompetent manager J Lee was, a manager who wants to keep his squad for a season at least, would ensure he as them on a yearly contract, then if they are good enough to move on to another club, BUFC would get some thing from the transfer, If it is the chairman and directors who are refusing to sign players on contract for a season, that is understandable, they are putting their money into the club to keep it going, if it is the latter !, G Drury must think why the bloody hell has he let himself be talked into accepting the managers job,  but no way can the present manager be blamed for the departure of M Jones, it is either the former or the latter of the above, not the man in the middle who is taking all the flak.
If the directors permit the managers to contract players why did not GD get him contracted ?  Putting the player on the bench or playing him out of position must have been a factor in tempting Jones to go .
Maybe he considered Housham could offer better coaching !
If JL alleged to have no "contacts" can unearth a player like Jones exciting times await when GD delves into his big black book for a replacement  ::)
Difficult to believe DN had to talk drury into the job , from what we,ve seen so far more the other way round

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 08:23:16 PM »
We were hoping to wait until tomorrow when he signs, but it looks like Mr Drury couldn't wait!
Yes, we have agreed terms with Mark and he will be with the squad tomorrow.
Both Steve and I have spoken to him over the last few days and we have offered him a contract until 2014. The club have not offered him an exuberant amount of money, just a good contract for a quality player.
He is an excellent talent and one who would benefit from our current set up of players and the way we are playing.
We were able to give him such a contract because he was not on contract at Boston and we did not have to pay them for him. We rate him highly and feel this is an investment for the club.
I am sure Mark will make his feelings clear and I know he enjoyed his time there.
We wish Mark all the best.  :)
Not sure what "an exuberant amount of money" means but am sure that the player was probably made an offer he couldn't refuse!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »
Why the hell would a chairman comment on a fans forum it's ridiculous

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 10:21:15 PM »
The fact Jase played Jones on the wing is conveniently forgotten by the Drury bashers. This forum never fails to amaze me.

Boo Drury, why didn't you get Jones on contract in the 4 odd weeks you've been in charge. Not Jason's fault he only had 4-5 months to do that  ::)

Boo Drury why did you make Swann angry? That made him spend more of his cash proving your point  ::) You must have also made him angry last summer when Yates and Clarke left, you're costing Swanny loads of cash.

Boo Drury you didn't want Mark Jones that's why you put him on the bench. This despite being the one giving him the chance at Corby when he was playing UCL with Deeping  ::)

Whilst we're at it, boo Drury dropping the temp down making it snow so the games called off, bet Drury also had a hand in Harrogate's pitch laying problems  ::)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:19 PM »
How many times did Drury start with Jones on the bench at Corby?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »
How many times did Drury start with Jones on the bench at Corby?
Can't be sure without checking but don't think Drury started once for Corby whilst there  :P

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:50 PM »
Gotya!  :dan
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
Gutted probably our most consistent player
"till saturday comes"

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »
We were hoping to wait until tomorrow when he signs, but it looks like Mr Drury couldn't wait!
Yes, we have agreed terms with Mark and he will be with the squad tomorrow.
Both Steve and I have spoken to him over the last few days and we have offered him a contract until 2014. The club have not offered him an exuberant amount of money, just a good contract for a quality player.
He is an excellent talent and one who would benefit from our current set up of players and the way we are playing.
We were able to give him such a contract because he was not on contract at Boston and we did not have to pay them for him. We rate him highly and feel this is an investment for the club.
I am sure Mark will make his feelings clear and I know he enjoyed his time there.
We wish Mark all the best.  :)
Not sure what "an exuberant amount of money" means but am sure that the player was probably made an offer he couldn't refuse!
An 'exuberant amount of money' is an amount  of money so large that it makes you sing and dance all the way to the bank  :dan

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
Why was he not on contract at the start of the season?? How is it drurys fault??

Yeah you go again ;D

back on topic, it certainly aint drurys fault and to b fair you cant possibly stick the whole squad on contracts that could really come back to bite you on the arse. this aint full time football

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »
We don't have money left in the budget to offer contracts at this stage of the season!!!

and how do you know that exactly????

if GD or the club identify a really good player any player what difference would it make to give him £250 but on a contract for three months till end of the season as opposed to doing it at the start of the season, i just dont get it

if they have the money to bring in a replacement for jones doing it on a contract would be easy

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
I think Jones was prepaired to stay at Boston on lower wages when he was getting quality coaching from Jason, and not signing a contract kept his options open. He chose not to continue under the current set up (Grantham Town Reserve style)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 10:17:06 AM »

Looking at Gainsborough's squad on their website (which doesn't yet make any mention of Jones BTW), Jamie Yates was born in 1988 and is now 22 years old. 2013 minus 1988 does not equal 22. And now they're paying wages for players that completely bely what their gate receipts must be.

Is maths missing from the national curriculum in Gainsborough?