Author Topic: Please do the decent thing Dreary.......  (Read 23923 times)

travelling man

• View Profile
Re: Please do the decent thing Dreary.......
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »
Mr ArgieH, there is no evidence whatsover that he is able to assemble any sort of side capable of holding their own, never mind winning anything.

As I said in an earlier post, I of course will buy my season ticket again next year, but I also have a right to express my concerns about the managers abilities, or lack of.

As for upsetting potential incoming players who may read our forum, get real, players come for the money full stop.

Also it is far better that I express my concerns on here, rather than boo and scream and shout at players on the pitch on matchdays, as seems the way of operating by some of our colleagues on Spayne Rd!!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
Mr ArgieH, there is no evidence whatsover that he is able to assemble any sort of side capable of holding their own, never mind winning anything.

As I said in an earlier post, I of course will buy my season ticket again next year, but I also have a right to express my concerns about the managers abilities, or lack of.

As for upsetting potential incoming players who may read our forum, get real, players come for the money full stop.

Also it is far better that I express my concerns on here, rather than boo and scream and shout at players on the pitch on matchdays, as seems the way of operating by some of our colleagues on Spayne Rd!!!

While i don't agree with some of your posts i do heavily agree with your last part, York street on match days would feel a far more freindly place if all adopted this approach

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »

Hypothetical situation for you:

A player considering an offer to join our club next season also has several other offers from other Clubs on the table of the same money we are offering.  Surely all the best players will have more than one offer, you don't think the atmosphere and comments on here will have any effect at all on the decision?

I agree, its better to make comments here rather than at the game and as a paying customer you have a every right to complain but I really do think the balance has tipped and their is a real danger the atmosphere on this site could drag the club down further.

the old saying goes "You're either part of the problem, or part of the soloution", as fans I think we need to come together now and get behind the players and be part of the soloution.  We can restart this debate at the end of the season if people still feel the need, because lets be honest unless you have the funds of Chelsea etc you don't fire your manager after 10-11 games.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 04:19:21 PM »
Serious question BG! Do you think the thought of GD in charge next season may cause a drop in season tickets?

true supporters will always renew their season tickets....irrespective...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 05:48:38 PM »

Hypothetical situation for you:

A player considering an offer to join our club next season also has several other offers from other Clubs on the table of the same money we are offering.  Surely all the best players will have more than one offer, you don't think the atmosphere and comments on here will have any effect at all on the decision?

I agree, its better to make comments here rather than at the game and as a paying customer you have a every right to complain but I really do think the balance has tipped and their is a real danger the atmosphere on this site could drag the club down further.

the old saying goes "You're either part of the problem, or part of the soloution", as fans I think we need to come together now and get behind the players and be part of the soloution.  We can restart this debate at the end of the season if people still feel the need, because lets be honest unless you have the funds of Chelsea etc you don't fire your manager after 10-11 games.

Answer to hypothetical situation ,
The player will take into account the following ,
Time and expense related to travel ,
How it effects his work commitments ,
Then he will select the club that offers the best financial package .

As a Spayne Road S/T holder I endorse all the comments made about the moaners , 
Never been able to figure out what they get out of constant moaning .

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »
Can i just say i've got no hatred toward Drury, i just dont think he's doing a very good job. Transition or not we've picked up 6 points out of 30 available in 2013 and i dont see it as acceptable for Boston United. I wouldn't normally call for someones head after such a short spell in charge it's just that i personally feel there are some uncanny similarities to a previous regime with this manager. Our Chairman has done an excellent job for our club so far and i believe in him wholeheartedly. But i think someones sold him a pup with this one .
If he proves me wrong good luck to him.
No more negative posts from me now.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »
Serious question BG! Do you think the thought of GD in charge next season may cause a drop in season tickets?
Depends on his pre-season record and the squad he assembles. If fans believe he has assembled a good side capable of challenging for promotion and cups then season tickets should actually rise  :)

argieh this response promps me to ask how many seasons have you attended BUFC games at YS and in this time how many games have you attended .?
Are you buying a season ticket next season .?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »
I think another three wins will be needed to secure our league status. At the risk of being too confident we will get those results at home to Vauxhall Motors and Bishop Stortford and away at Hinckley. Even if we don't, we may still pick up the odd point here and there to see us safe. I am 99% confident we will not get relegated this season.

Taking on board the above, what is wrong with using the remaining matches of the season to try out one or two players from a lower level and see if any can make the grade? Those that don't will not still be here next pre-season. Nine out of ten players from the EvoStik South will not cut it at Blue Square North level. But if the tenth player in the sequence turned out to be the new Shaun Pearson (remember where he came from), then surely there's nothing wrong in giving some of these players an opportunity to impress?

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 06:44:48 PM »
Depends on his pre-season record and the squad he assembles. If fans believe he has assembled a good side capable of challenging for promotion and cups then season tickets should actually rise  :)

argieh this response promps me to ask how many seasons have you attended BUFC games at YS and in this time how many games have you attended .?
Happy to answer, ghm. About 13 seasons, 20-30 games and will probably just pay my £13 on the gate rather than buy a season ticket. Will also sponsor a player or two, maybe a match, plus will also buy a few bits and pieces from the commercial shop and some food/drink from the kiosk on matchdays. May not be the world's most fanatical BUFC attendee but it all helps I suppose  :)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »

Happy to answer, ghm. About 13 seasons, 20-30 games and will probably just pay my £13 on the gate rather than buy a season ticket. Will also sponsor a player or two, maybe a match, plus will also buy a few bits and pieces from the commercial shop and some food/drink from the kiosk on matchdays. May not be the world's most fanatical BUFC attendee but it all helps I suppose  :)

8) Unbelievable  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »

Who are the lucky players you have sponsored in the past ?

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »

8) Unbelievable  8)
Not sure why, ghm, as surely BUFC is the main priority here and hopefully it will be here long after you and me are pushing up the daisies. Have stated quite openly before that I know GD and happen to think he is a very good manager, which means that people know exactly where I'm coming from with my posts and can judge them accordingly on that   8)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:04 PM »
That's okay then!  8) Unbelievable  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 11:18:13 PM »
That's okay then!  8) Unbelievable  8)
From your posts you're pretty obviously BUFC through-and-through with the Club's wellbeing at heart, Mlf. Certainly give you respect and admiration for that, Mlf, but sarcasm certainly doesn't become you. Just gonna concentrate on the football from now on  :)

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »
Most new managers when they join a new club at least get the players at it for the first few weeks of his arrival.  Not Drury.  He has done nothing to win us fans over. 

As for next season his normal MO is get in players left, right and centre during pre-season and hope he hits on something that will work.    For a Club like ours, lets face it, the guy is out of his depth.