Author Topic: Please do the decent thing Dreary.......  (Read 23922 times)

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
Please do the decent thing Dreary.......
« on: February 27, 2013, 10:56:43 PM »
Newbies
How many more blatant spindoctors are going to open accounts on here ? come on give us some credit it's so obvious. Are they all your friends and family Dreary ? or are you all the same person ?!
Comments
''we'll play like Barcelona" "soldiers and artists" "i'll double the gates" "im clueless".............. ok i made the last one up but you get my drift.

It a'll just sounds too familiar for my liking.

Transfers
Correct me if im wrong but didnt Scott & Hurst assemble a squad about 2 weeks before the season started when they were here ? it seemed like a sensible way to pick up some decent players,so i dont understand why he'd want to ransack a squad that was sitting comfortable in the league with possibly one eye on a play off spot. Surely he would of had a lot more players to choose from preseason and more bargaining power for salaries the later he left it, rather than doing his business now ?!

Not all, but some players are deservedly top earners. Personally i feel SWD is under achieving but he's a good player at this level, he needs managing not showing the door - but if the newbies are to be believed then thats whats going to happen at the end of the season.

I cant see that we are bringing in better than we're letting go.

Theres only one transfer that'll excite me enough to get me back through the turnstile now im afraid, and thats you Dreary.

I dont buy all this give him time crap. He's not lifting the players spirits and he's not lifting mine.

Fed up and Fecked off with it all.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Please do the decent thing Dreary.......
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 11:01:25 PM »
Thats what I call  POSITIVE!
I will second that!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:07:50 PM »
"Correct me if im wrong but didnt Scott & Hurst assemble a squad about 2 weeks before the season started when they were here ?"

They took over on May 14th, 2009.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »
Only kept on Liam Parker as I recall.
Walshy pointed out Shaun Pearson.
Bulk of the others came from their previous club

AGL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
Newbies
How many more blatant spindoctors are going to open accounts on here ? come on give us some credit it's so obvious. Are they all your friends and family Dreary ? or are you all the same person ?!
Comments
''we'll play like Barcelona" "soldiers and artists" "i'll double the gates" "im clueless".............. ok i made the last one up but you get my drift.

It a'll just sounds too familiar for my liking.

Transfers
Correct me if im wrong but didnt Scott & Hurst assemble a squad about 2 weeks before the season started when they were here ? it seemed like a sensible way to pick up some decent players,so i dont understand why he'd want to ransack a squad that was sitting comfortable in the league with possibly one eye on a play off spot. Surely he would of had a lot more players to choose from preseason and more bargaining power for salaries the later he left it, rather than doing his business now ?!

Not all, but some players are deservedly top earners. Personally i feel SWD is under achieving but he's a good player at this level, he needs managing not showing the door - but if the newbies are to be believed then thats whats going to happen at the end of the season.

I cant see that we are bringing in better than we're letting go.

Theres only one transfer that'll excite me enough to get me back through the turnstile now im afraid, and thats you Dreary.

I dont buy all this give him time crap. He's not lifting the players spirits and he's not lifting mine.

Fed up and Fecked off with it all.

Spin doctors or people willing to look at the bigger picture?

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »
There is a big difference between being a spindoctor and looking at a bigger picture.

Bigger picture. We are spiralling down the division in terms of points and we have a manager who is so clearly out of his depth it is frightening.

Spin Doctorism. We are accrueing points for other teams, we had a dissallowed goal that proves we are the new Barcelona and replacing all the players will make us a different side, wow.

Reality needs to hit home soon, before we are in a relegation scrap and playing in front of 200 diehards, THERE WILL BE NO WAY BACK.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 10:53:23 AM »
There is a big difference between being a spindoctor and looking at a bigger picture.

Bigger picture. We are spiralling down the division in terms of points and we have a manager who is so clearly out of his depth it is frightening.

Spin Doctorism. We are accrueing points for other teams, we had a dissallowed goal that proves we are the new Barcelona and replacing all the players will make us a different side, wow.

Reality needs to hit home soon, before we are in a relegation scrap and playing in front of 200 diehards, THERE WILL BE NO WAY BACK.

Maybe because I am probably older than most, but this has surely got to stop hasn't it? It has become relentless.

A war between those like me, who are prepared, in fairness with no evidence shown thus far to give Drury a chance, albeit based on nothing more than he is the man in charge of the team "we" all support, and those of us for reasons I still can't quite work out who hate him and everything the man does with a venomous passion and have done before he even arrived

I too think the spinning of everything he does and worse what he says by a chosen few is quite pathetic really. Funny at times but none the less pathetic, but it's hardly the end of the world as you and people like KON would lead us to believe.

As it stands I personally would be, if not delighted more than okay if DN got rid of Drury after the season ends, but, and here is where we obviously differ, I would equally accept that fact if he didn't or can't get rid of him and he was to be our manager next season I would totally support both of them because and this might be a generation thing I am of an age where thats what football supporters do

Look at the rant Benitiez had last night and the levels of discontent aimed at him and the team which he feels is now affecting performances, surely even the Drury haters of which there appears to be many can see, must acknowledge that all this bitterness and vitriol will not help the team we all support. Its got to end, certainly until we know who will be in charge come August because if it doesn't not only will it surely affect things on the pitch wouldn't it also perhaps deter some players who may be thinking of joining us in the summer from doing so, certainly if they popped on here for a read?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
Well said BG, I'm with you on this.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 11:50:52 AM »
Top post BG............... some common sense at last!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:05 PM »
if we wait until the end of the season, we may well be in the unibond hardboard league

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 12:16:47 PM »
Good post BG....sense and reason!
United we stand..................

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
Great post BG, I don't think even the most ardent optimist could be happy with the run of results since Drury took over.  Surely though it doesnt take a genius to see that the level of negativity and the folly of calling for Drury to be sacked is completely counterproductive?  All it will achieve is to further reduce confidence within the squad, make fans less likely to attend and put off future signings. 

Madness!  We have to at least get to the end of the season before we start calling for the sack.  My opinion is as supporrters if we dont want the club to get sucked into a relegation scrap we have to turn out in numbers and get behind the players.  Performances have definitly improved in recent weeks, if we can win the next two home games we can all rest a bit easier.

If you don't like the manager, thats fair enough, but lets get behind the club people because relegation would be a disaster.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 01:36:02 PM »
''we'll play like Barcelona"

To dispel this myth that has gathered momentum, GD never said this, so can people stop using it as a stick to beat with.

In short we are struggling, we have a squad of some probably still loyal (and bitter about) JL of which GD cannot move on without paying big bucks and leaving us well short on numbers. 

Not ideal but its what it is, we will limp to the end of the season and for GD's sake I hope does enough to keep the job past that point and for our sake enough to avoid a serious shedding of support leaving us even more tight on budget next time around.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »
Serious question BG! Do you think the thought of GD in charge next season may cause a drop in season tickets?

argieh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »
Serious question BG! Do you think the thought of GD in charge next season may cause a drop in season tickets?
Depends on his pre-season record and the squad he assembles. If fans believe he has assembled a good side capable of challenging for promotion and cups then season tickets should actually rise  :)