Author Topic: Cullingworth  (Read 3772 times)

copper89

• View Profile
Cullingworth
« on: January 28, 2023, 06:19:27 PM »
Is it just me but I've come to believe that Cully is actually a poor manager. He's been here quite some time and has chopped and changed the team to his requirements and we look as poor as the first day he arrived. There is some very pretty passes but to what end I don't know. If it hadn't been for Jake Wright the last 2 matches would have been loses. Maybe Kings Lynn were right because we look aimless and relegation bound.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
Re: Cullingworth
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 06:42:11 PM »
Ian Culverhouse? Jury still out for me. Jake and Jordan are impact (but still valuable) squad players in my view, but it worked today. I feel things had to change so welcome the additions. We looked dangerous going forwards and the game was too open as we were chasing it for most of the game, hence why they looked dangerous. I really want it to work with this management team… a good point me thinks..

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 07:13:19 PM »
Me to. Decent game both teams had a go. Scarborough to be fair didn’t waste time or fake injury etc. however Neil Redfearn a football top bloke from the top to the bottom what we do for a player like that.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 07:58:50 PM »
Thought it was a good move from Culverhouse to make the subs with the forwards when he did, paid off, we looked much better with the focal point of Burrow I was a bit surprised he didn't start.

Conceeding 2 fairly sloppy goals just felt like the result of a back 4 and new keeper playing together for the first time. New left back and Sheils and Cummings first match together.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 09:29:31 AM »
Overall a good result.  I would have took a draw before the match.  Was surprised at the team selection, thought IC would try to bring the new players in gradually. Tuesday is a very big game in the context of the season.
Do not trust atoms, they make up everything.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 08:13:26 PM »
One win changes the whole potential relegation issue. Still think The Pilgrims will stay up - just - but it should be unthinkable that a club our size with a superb infrastructure, huge support and a new ground is contemplating competing in ANY form of REGIONAL Non League football for the 2023-24 season. Should have been playing minimum National League football years ago.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 02:18:01 PM »
Bazza must have played under a few managers in his time and he rates him.. a good recommendation in my view

View from the Park

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 03:05:58 PM »
I respect Bazza's opinion but unfortunately  the manager hardly pulling any trees up

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2023, 09:34:55 PM »
League table doesn't lie. We are awful and relegation is a very real possibility, neither management team this year has filled me with any sort of confidence that they will eventually turn it around.

I've regularly said the majority of the squad isn't good enough and I'd probably go as far as saying none of them are good enough, at all.

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023, 09:45:59 PM »
They are mostly his players and he's had plenty of time and we're no further forward. No more excuses.