Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Today  (Read 8335 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Colwyn Bay Today
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:48:49 PM »
Although up against a poor side, I thought Boston played far better today than they did in midweek. Some nice football played in the middle of the park and the addition of Foster seemed to bolster the midfield.

Things went a bit ragged in the second half and Colwyn Bay dragged Boston into a more physical game but a much more pleasing performance overall and I feel better about the remainder of the season than I did after the Harrogate game. Play offs here we come  :)

DL

spannerman

• View Profile
Re: Colwyn Bay Today
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »
Have to agree lot better than tuesday , there was still a idiot who on the way out shouted at the players
they could do better no pleasing some . ;D ;D

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »
I thought it was a dreadful game, but the pitch and the ref didn't help matters.

If it was an improvement on Tuesday then thank God I didn't go!

Having said that I don't care how we win, all I want to see is a successful Boston Utd and I don't care if we play like that every week and win 1-0 as long as we win.

But we looked solid at the back, and if the SWD one on one had gone in before the break I think we could have taken them to the cleaners second half.

And the crowd is slowly increasing which is a positive. A few more scrappy wins and we'll be back to 1000+, surely the minimum expected at a club of our stature.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »
I didn't go Tuesday,  but today it wasn't convincing...but a win is a win and the Eagle is a happy pub tonight  :dan

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 08:03:43 PM »
The one big positive for me was we still won when it got physical

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
It's an understatement to say it was massively better than Tuesday.  We looked solid, organised and rarely troubled.  Didn't look like the same 11. We're really, really narrow now but if that is how we're going to play then after a few weeks Milnes (who was excellent,) Ross and Newsham will cut out the turns into trouble because they're looking to spread it wide to players no longer there.  New lad in the middle looked a good addition. 

But (and an important factor) Clown Bay were terrible, so difficult to judge how we're getting on when you only face that.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »
I thought it was a dreadful game, but the pitch and the ref didn't help matters.

If it was an improvement on Tuesday then thank God I didn't go!

Having said that I don't care how we win, all I want to see is a successful Boston Utd and I don't care if we play like that every week and win 1-0 as long as we win.

But we looked solid at the back, and if the SWD one on one had gone in before the break I think we could have taken them to the cleaners second half.

And the crowd is slowly increasing which is a positive. A few more scrappy wins and we'll be back to 1000+, surely the minimum expected at a club of our stature.

Agree with you there Andy.
What I would say is I watched the QPR v Spurs game before I came up and tbf it was no better!
Can't really comment on players  wages but I'm guessing they might have been on somewhat more than our lot!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 08:28:50 PM »
I turned QPR off at the hour mark, it was utter garbage.

I think all the lads out there today would have to play about half a season to earn what Adebayor gets a week, the rumour is its £80,000......

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 08:40:07 PM »
I agree with Andy as Ed says a win is a win .  Does not hide the fact that we still need big improvement .
Putting my coat on and going to the White Hart at Old Leake to celebrate the 3 points .
Have a good night at the Eagle Ed .

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 09:04:45 PM »
I thought Watt was very steady today and gets onto Ward, as for foster does make us more solid hope he will get better as he goes on after stepping upto the BSN.

Not always the most easiest of matches on the eye but if we are to make a serious promotion campaign next season there will be more games like this.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:09:14 PM by BosLeake »

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »
Good win today. Not the most pleasing on the eye but a win is a win. Very impressed by phil watt and also thought anton foster looks decent signing and he allows Ross and milnes to link up with the front 3.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 10:31:28 PM »
Missed it but happy with 3 points against a crap welsh team!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 10:41:57 PM »
Thought Mr Drury behaviour during game was that of a spoilt little child but at least the best team won on the day.  Play off places are still up for grabs for whichever clubs go for it - some teams may shy away from progression to the next level due to financial reasons. Congrats to Jordan Nuttell on his proper (sorry, Craig, but LSS games don't really count) first team debut. :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 12:11:13 AM »
i thought we played well,  we really cannot even think about letting jona go as he was awesome today. had two passes got through to him rather than not quite getting threaded through he would have had 3 today as both times he was in a position to be through on goal.  new players look good too, only thing i will say of any sort of criticism is that we never make it easy on ourselves and seem to defend and sit deep the last 15mins or so. also, on the town end some nut was shouting abuse at newsham which i find totally unacceptable and these sort of people really do give genuine fans a bad name !

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 10:01:22 AM »
yeah yesterday was certainly better,noone can argue with that, but two things, it couldn't get any worse after tuesday could it and while three poins is all that matters theyare surely as bad a team, maybe hinkley apart as any in the league, so not sure really how to weigh the game up, a win is a win thoigh