Author Topic: Come on then, make your excuses for that shambles if you can  (Read 8217 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Come on then, make your excuses for that shambles if you can
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »
Bloody awful yet again........a disgrace of a 'performance' that should be the managers last here.

Clueless, utterly clueless......

He starts with a target man and no width, then brings on two wide men and takes off his target man......

Is there any wonder that gates are below 800 when there's such buffoonery from the bench.

Today really is the last straw as far as I'm concerned, he's got to go......forget budgets, forget the rent, with apathy on the terraces like it is we'll not have to worry because come the end of the season they'll be no one there to be bothered.

A real low water mark for the chairman today, he's invested a lot of faith in this manager and its been thrown back at him. Experience is required now or the season goes sour on us.

BosLeake

• View Profile
Re: Come on then, make your excuses for that shambles if you can
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 06:11:54 PM »
Hi All

Far too slow getting forward and we try to walk the ball into the net never a player on the back post on corners.

In short we look low of confidence, take it the low gates have scuppered the chance of bringing in a experienced midfielder that can help the back four, teams go through us like a knife through butter.

Do not think we would get a worth while new manager in now so JL till the end of the season then if we finish in an average league position time to part ways.

PS Ian Ross MOM :-\
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:43:09 PM by BosLeake »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:34:28 PM »
PS Ian Ross MOM :-\

Silk by a country mile, one of the few positives from the game.  We've missed that bite in the middle.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
Have to agree with bos,

where did they get ross as mom from

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 07:06:07 PM »
Agree with silk in the middle, Played really well. Think Marshall has come on no end this season also. The ball still came down the sides though and when we dont have the ball, Ross its like having 9 men pulls out of everything. Also two of the goals was far to easy. How many times have we gone from attacking to conceding. JL seemed mad well doesn't seem to learn.

We played ok in patches. But the center backs distribution was poor. Took the height off up front but still the hoof ball. Could say we was unlucky at the end hitting the bar but we did deserve to lose without a doubt.  

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »
Having looked after the sponsors for the past 4.5 years until recently, I have often been bemused by the sponsors choice of MOM, but I used to think 'well, they are paying the money so the decision is theirs'.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
Having looked after the sponsors for the past 4.5 years until recently, I have often been bemused by the sponsors choice of MOM, but I used to think 'well, they are paying the money so the decision is theirs'.

Don't you do it any more Gus?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »
The 1st half was so poor I was in two minds whether to leave or not. There was nothing to suggest we'd get anything from the game all the way through because our midfield is weak and full of little guys who don't win the physical battles and the second ball. The manager has to take full responsibility for this, its his players, his choice.

Fair play to Kallum Smith, I'm not a big fan but he looked lively today when he came on. Newsh I thought was invisible but took his goal well and thats what a striker is there for.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 08:06:11 PM »
Think Ross is one of our problems , replace him with a more assertive player who can tackle and distribute the ball better will lift pressure of the defenders .
Many of us find Newsham frustrating but as I think N/T suggests if he gets the goals we will tolerate it.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »
Newsh I thought was invisible but took his goal well and thats what a striker is there for.

Always at his best when he is invisible, if someone around shouts for him to be taken off as he isn't doing anything, it usually follows that he taps one in at the other end minutes later. 

That said, you can only have 1 player in the team like that, at times we've 2 or 3 and we just don't look balanced and a unit, more 11 running around like made men chasing shadows.  We're a shadow of the side that battered them for 10 minutes what seems like an age ago 11 v 11.  That double sending off has hurt us more than we could ever have imagined at the time.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 09:19:01 PM »
Newsham is our best striker we've had for years!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »

He starts with a target man and no width, then brings on two wide men and takes off his target man......

I'm not a huge fan of making double substitutions. Today, for example, we introduced Kallum Smith and Ben Fairclough at the same time. That meant we had two players still trying to acclimatise to the pace of the game, with nine others trying to work out how they fitted into the new formation minus its target man. Not blaming any of the players, but less than a minute later we were 2-1 behind. Coincidence?

On another point, I don't understand why we always keep the players on the pitch after the end of a game either. For all of today's shortcomings, our players didn't lack effort and it was an entertaining game, so I think the fans would have liked to have shown their appreciation at the end - at least towards the players. Confidence is fragile at home at the moment. Applause and encouragement at the end of a game will help address this; waiting for the ground to empty before the players leave the pitch is not helping at all. Whatever the manager needs to say, surely it can be said inside the dressing room? After all, the dressing room seems to be a good enough place for 99.9% of opposing managers.

I do think Jason Lee has been ignorant towards supporters in the last two matches. It took a lot of money and effort for me to be at Skelmersdale in midweek. It's not just the cost, but also the hassle of changing working arrangements at short notice. You would like to think that the manager appreciated the travelling support, but the truth is he didn't even acknowledge the visiting fans on the final whistle at Skelmersdale. I was disappointed by that. Same again today at home to Altrincham, and it seemed he deliberately kept himself and the players at a distance from the terraces. I know everybody was disappointed with the outcome of both games, but in the current climate we need to be encouraging support and not alienating it. David Newton is always approachable and has been a breath of fresh air for our club in terms of public relations. If Jason Lee is to succeed in management then he needs to learn some of those PR skills for himself.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of making double substitutions. Today, for example, we introduced Kallum Smith and Ben Fairclough at the same time. That meant we had two players still trying to acclimatise to the pace of the game, with nine others trying to work out how they fitted into the new formation minus its target man. Not blaming any of the players, but less than a minute later we were 2-1 behind. Coincidence?

On another point, I don't understand why we always keep the players on the pitch after the end of a game either. For all of today's shortcomings, our players didn't lack effort and it was an entertaining game, so I think the fans would have liked to have shown their appreciation at the end - at least towards the players. Confidence is fragile at home at the moment. Applause and encouragement at the end of a game will help address this; waiting for the ground to empty before the players leave the pitch is not helping at all. Whatever the manager needs to say, surely it can be said inside the dressing room? After all, the dressing room seems to be a good enough place for 99.9% of opposing managers.

I do think Jason Lee has been ignorant towards supporters in the last two matches. It took a lot of money and effort for me to be at Skelmersdale in midweek. It's not just the cost, but also the hassle of changing working arrangements at short notice. You would like to think that the manager appreciated the travelling support, but the truth is he didn't even acknowledge the visiting fans on the final whistle at Skelmersdale. I was disappointed by that. Same again today at home to Altrincham, and it seemed he deliberately kept himself and the players at a distance from the terraces. I know everybody was disappointed with the outcome of both games, but in the current climate we need to be encouraging support and not alienating it. David Newton is always approachable and has been a breath of fresh air for our club in terms of public relations. If Jason Lee is to succeed in management then he needs to learn some of those PR skills for himself.
Post of the night LP!

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 10:29:52 AM »
Really don't like Ross in the middle. Never seen him tackle ever or even challenge for the ball. His decision making can be questioned and the amount of possession he loses or wastes beggars belief really. If Rob and Paul were here he'd have been shipped out a long time ago along with the other drab. And they'd have brought a young hungary lad, more than up to the job probably for less money.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 11:19:16 AM »
And they'd have brought a young hungary lad, more than up to the job probably for less money.

Is this to get the Hungarian immigrants to come and support us? ;D