Author Topic: Aston Villa  (Read 4479 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Aston Villa
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:04:22 AM »

Chelsea

• View Profile
Re: Aston Villa
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
Is it a youth team fixture, or is the first team expected to play two days in a row??

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »
Is it a youth team fixture, or is the first team expected to play two days in a row??

They're only pre-season friendlies - not much more than a training kick about.

Back in the fifties it was the norm to play matches on Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday. Back in 1964 the club encountered a bit of fixture congestion at the end of the season and ended up playing the last 14 games in 18 days! Today's players have it easy! :)

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 08:19:45 PM »
I wonder if they'll be wearing their new away kit which must be up there in terms of the worst ever Premier League shirt...

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:24:25 PM by porl99 »

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »
I think Liverpool's new third kit beats that!

Pilgrims007

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 01:46:17 PM »
I think Liverpool's new third kit beats that!

Looking forward to the new season now and watching most of the pre season games the signings look very good and will add freshness and all with a point to prove I hope we all can back the manager I think kiddy lost first 6 games of season last year and went on to finish 2nd teams need time to gel there's not really a area of the team that we have a weakness in so long as manger signs a decent centre half, hope we don't pick up any injuries over pre season

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »
I wonder if they'll be wearing their new away kit which must be up there in terms of the worst ever Premier League shirt...

Instead of the DAFAbet it should say WORN4Abet

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 07:05:23 AM »

The colours on this away kit are very similar to those on their home kit, and I don't see how they can get away with this. They won't be able to wear their home kit at West Ham because obviously both teams will be in claret and blue. But if Villa wear these shirts at Upton Park instead, won't the Ribena quarters (or whatever colour it is supposed to be) still be too close to the claret? They'll then end up in a third kit, which is basically another way of ripping money out of the fans.

I think the whole issue of kits / change kits is a strange one. Remember all the fuss a few years ago when we had to have a brand new set of white kit for just once match away at AFC Bournemouth? And then there was the situation at Eastwood a couple of years ago where the home team wore black and white shirts, black shorts and black socks. All well and good until one of their players sustained an injury and had to change his shirt, re-emerging with one minus a number and with a solid black back. From behind, you literally couldn't tell the difference between him and the match referee.

Pilgrims007

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »

The colours on this away kit are very similar to those on their home kit, and I don't see how they can get away with this. They won't be able to wear their home kit at West Ham because obviously both teams will be in claret and blue. But if Villa wear these shirts at Upton Park instead, won't the Ribena quarters (or whatever colour it is supposed to be) still be too close to the claret? They'll then end up in a third kit, which is basically another way of ripping money out of the fans.

I think the whole issue of kits / change kits is a strange one. Remember all the fuss a few years ago when we had to have a brand new set of white kit for just once match away at AFC Bournemouth? And then there was the situation at Eastwood a couple of years ago where the home team wore black and white shirts, black shorts and black socks. All well and good until one of their players sustained an injury and had to change his shirt, re-emerging with one minus a number and with a solid black back. From behind, you literally couldn't tell the difference between him and the match referee.

The grey Manchester United kit was awful the on ether changed at half time when they played Southampton at the dell. Truly awful!

Pilgrims007

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 09:37:30 AM »

The grey Manchester United kit was awful the on ether changed at half time when they played Southampton at the dell. Truly awful!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4956345/Worst-kits-in-English-football-history.html

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »

Stockport in Conf North have unveiled a third kit to rip off their fans.

First kit Blue,  second blue/white stripes,  third amber/ dark blue( black?)