Author Topic: New players arrive!  (Read 12314 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New players arrive!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 10:35:31 PM »
Both were okish at the back but offered nothing forward. Cully would have been a better option tonight, i think we struggled against an organised team; especially for the first hour because we started too many new players.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 10:39:26 PM »
I think we played well tonight, and against a team in less form we would have won by a couple of goals...

Some good build up play - similar to the Telford game.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 10:47:42 PM »
After watching the two full backs tonight I can see why Little allowed them to come!when's their months loan up!

Completely agree. ALL of Williams' passing, link up play and crossing was garbage (I think it was Williams! Too many new players - whoever no.3 was). Plus he got skinned a couple of times first half, along with a massive mistake in the box that almost led to a goal.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:51:34 PM by Senny »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 10:55:10 PM »
I was okish on them all really. only had the one concearn about one player and that was green. not over his complete play but more so on the fact of the amount of times he came the wrong way down the wing with the ball instead of looking for the forward pass or cross in the box.

Once again i thought boyes dug in well but did go of the boil for about 10 min be4 been subbed.

And who else noticed the look there LB and keeper had once hunter started running around. it was a picture

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:59 PM »
i disagree i think they did there job, considering one of them isnt a full back but a centre mid,
 still best option with no jellyman
Cully at right back is argueable though

Also boyes continues to impress me!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »
And who else noticed the look there LB and keeper had once hunter started running around. it was a picture

That lad certainly can motor when he gets going.

The new lads just looked tidy, and did ok.  But if we slip into the too many tidy, ok footballer modes we'll end up with no end product.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:20 PM »
After watching the two full backs tonight I can see why Little allowed them to come!when's their months loan up!

Completely agree. ALL of Williams' passing, link up play and crossing was garbage (I think it was Williams! Too many new players - whoever no.3 was). Plus he got skinned a couple of times first half, along with a massive mistake in the box that almost led to a goal.
That was Robinson and I agree he worries me defensively, he was the same at Workington and did an identical slash at the ball there. He did look decent going forward on Sat though. Williams I thought was better and Austin was solid at the back again. They probably would of been better playing only 1 of the lads from Rotherham, Semples changed the game when he came on. Also yes Bostonshire I saw the look on the keepers face (and some of the defenders) when Hunter was running at them, his pace scared them to death. He must be close to a start on Saturday after 2 impressive performances off the bench.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 11:31:15 PM »
With SM holding such a high defensive line I was surprised that Miles wasn't brought on much earlier.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Saturday could be the day to give Miles a start up front, but my concern is that he might not be as effective as he is coming one when defenders are tiring. 

Interesting to hear that Solihull's defence played high up the pitch, as I think defences in this league generally sit deeper than teams we played last season, which means we're having to play much more in front of the opposition's defence rather than being able to get in behind them.

When teams defend deep, players like Miles (and SWD to some extent) are not always strong enough on the ball to be able to get into the game.   

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »
Well said WP,  give the lads a chance, don't knock them before they get a chance to pull the shirt on!!

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry   :bunny
totally agree for gods sake give em a chance.there is something else that needs to be taken into account that is at this time in the season getting players in aint that easy clubs are going to want to keep everyone possible as the run in starts so s+h have yet again done really well when needed to taking our bad injury situation
"till saturday comes"

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
They are not good enough!

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 03:11:53 PM »
They came in at a difficult time with our regular defence ripped apart through injury,it's not always easy to step into a side under those circumstances.Like everyone else i much prefer our regular defenders,but they did o.k.Thanks for your efforts lads,and best wishes for the future.