Author Topic: How can we really...  (Read 14951 times)

Maxross

• View Profile
Re: How can we really...
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 02:34:20 PM »
Agree with much of what you say Maxross, getting kids interested in local clubs is vital. My dad took me to see Worksop before I was school age and I became hooked.

One interesting promotion I read about a couple of years ago was one club charged kids £22 for a season ticket, however, when the child came to the game the club gave them £2 back, so if they went to all 11 home league games the season ticket was then effectively free.

From memory they did this for two reasons:

Firstly, they had considered making them free, but their experience was that kids who had no intention of going to games would still get a season ticket as they were free and not go to games, plus there was still an associated cost with producing and administering the free tickets. They argued that by charging upfront only kids that really had any intention of going to games would then take up the offer and there was an incentive to go to the game as they had already paid.

Secondly, by giving the kids £2 back on entering the game, there was a feel good factor for the kids that they were getting something back, plus kids being kids what do you think they did with the £2 - spent it on sweets/chocolate/crisps, etc. so the club got the money back anyway. As for the kids they were happy as it felt like they had got in for free and the club had given them money for sweets so more likely to come back (and spread the word amongst their friends)

I've no idea how successful it was, but an interesting idea

Thats a really interesting idea, I'm certain my lot would immeadiately spend the money they were given back in the ground and it would certainly provide an incentive to return each week.  If the club weren't keen on giving cash away they could offer vouchers to spend in the club shop for numbers of games attended.  That way it would link into selling replica shirts etc.  Merchandising is another major benefit of getting more kids attending matches. Youngsters are always attracted to items like kits which is another financial incentive for the club to encourage this type of support. I'm convicned this type of promotion could pay for itself.  You could also look at it as more of a slow burner by investing in the future of the club though, by ensuring you constantly re build or grow your future fanbase.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 09:09:52 PM »
We used to have a child's season ticket (under 10?) for £10 and used to include a personlised birthday card, but I understand this was nearly  discontinued due to lack of interest?!

LCB will tell you better as I remember his old boy having / has one.

It's not widely advertised though, if this is still going it should be pushed as any football mad kid loves having a season ticket - a good habit to get them into!!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 10:17:44 PM »
Interestingly kids are free tomorrow at Brackley. I have two seats in the car for the game and will be leaving Boston at 11 am if anyone wants to go pm me asap, As I am going no cost but you can buy me a pie at the game. 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 11:51:04 PM »
We used to have a child's season ticket (under 10?) for £10 and used to include a personlised birthday card, but I understand this was nearly  discontinued due to lack of interest?!

LCB will tell you better as I remember his old boy having / has one.

It's not widely advertised though, if this is still going it should be pushed as any football mad kid loves having a season ticket - a good habit to get them into!!

He has a season ticket, not sure how much we paid. He used to be £10 a year alongside my ticket.  Annoyingly I think they'll drop the scheme next year, and I'm fairly certain kids in the mini pilgrim scheme used to get a kit on their 10th birthday.  He'll have been a season ticket holder since birth and will fall short of the kit by a year.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 07:56:09 AM »
Interestingly kids are free tomorrow at Brackley. I have two seats in the car for the game and will be leaving Boston at 11 am if anyone wants to go pm me asap, As I am going no cost but you can buy me a pie at the game.

Have you got a spare seat next Saturday?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »
Hi Andy

Have not made arrangements for Worcester but will message you very early next week and hopefully the answer will be yes.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 09:21:38 AM »
Cheers Mel!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »
Good to see OXO back! Bit worried about the laptop incident!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 11:12:56 AM »
Did we do a family season ticket this year?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »
851 today wasn't too bad considering the conditions meant that a lot of fans couldn't make it.
I know of one elderly BUFC fan who didn't make it through this cold winter 
It should have been 852  :'(

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »
3 season ticket holders next to me didn't bother today........

I think they were the lucky ones.... ???

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 11:05:28 PM »
851 today wasn't too bad considering the conditions meant that a lot of fans couldn't make it.

I'm elderly!  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
852 would be considered a good crowd, it was freezing and travel from anywhere other than 10 miles down the road was a challenge in itself.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
That was a good number yesterday considering the weather. If it had been a nice day I think 1000 would have been there, mainly because of the euthoria of the last 3 games, something  which I think has sadly gone now, although the next home game on Bank Holiday monday may produce a decent crowd unless a lot go away for a holiday.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »

I'm elderly!  ;)

853 if you had got there MLF  8)